This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 events in the future seen during “The Last Man”

How do people think the events of each Season 5 episode would play out in the future seen during “The Last Man”?

While certain episodes would defiantly not happen, like “Infection”, other episodes, like “The Daedalus Variations”, would probably still occur but be slightly different due to the absence of Sheppard and Teyla. Would Daniel still come and discover Janus’ lab and draw the attention of the Asgard?

Spoiler:
    What about the Hive Kenny has apparently been working on since "Be All My Sins Remember'd"?

Was just wondering what people thought?

If you want to get technical. It is true that it was said "Every single action, every single result has been played out in every alternate reality".

If the future played out the way it showed in "The last man". I would guess that season 5 would have played out differently. Shepard has been key in almost every important episode.

But my question about "Last man" is what did we abandon Atlantis? was it because the sun was dying? Was it because of some cataclysmic event happened on earth? Did we learn all that we could from the Ancient computer archive? Did it get so bad in Pegasus because of Micheal and his hybrid that we felt it was prudent to abandon Atlantis? Did Humanity ascend? Was the human (earth) race enslaved and all traces of our existence get wiped out? And the questions go on and on and on.
    Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
    End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
      If you want to get technical. It is true that it was said "Every single action, every single result has been played out in every alternate reality".

If the future played out the way it showed in "The last man". I would guess that season 5 would have played out differently. Shepard has been key in almost every important episode.

But my question about "Last man" is what did we abandon Atlantis? was it because the sun was dying? Was it because of some cataclysmic event happened on earth? Did we learn all that we could from the Ancient computer archive? Did it get so bad in Pegasus because of Micheal and his hybrid that we felt it was prudent to abandon Atlantis? Did Humanity ascend? Was the human (earth) race enslaved and all traces of our existence get wiped out? And the questions go on and on and on.
      i think humans abandoned atlantis because pegasus was a lost cause and there was something else building up in the MW. And they probably couldn't find enough ZPMs to fly Atlantis back home.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
        i think humans abandoned atlantis because pegasus was a lost cause and there was something else building up in the MW. And they probably couldn't find enough ZPMs to fly Atlantis back home.
        42 000 years in the future, that's a long time, my best guess is that we either absolutly failed to live up to either the Asgard expectations and blew ourselves up rather spectacularly back into the stone age, or we totaly exceeded those expectations and Asceded.

Either way, we are the single Great species whose empire lasted for the shortest amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by qmwneb View Post
          How do people think the events of each Season 5 episode would play out in the future seen during “The Last Man”?

While certain episodes would defiantly not happen, like “Infection”, other episodes, like “The Daedalus Variations”, would probably still occur but be slightly different due to the absence of Sheppard and Teyla. Would Daniel still come and discover Janus’ lab and draw the attention of the Asgard?

Spoiler:
          What about the Hive Kenny has apparently been working on since "Be All My Sins Remember'd"?

Was just wondering what people thought?
          That could be what General Lorne was referring to in the future, he said u saw wut happened in pegasus and u see wuts happening here. IMHO it happened about the same only
          Spoiler:
          atlantis stayed in pegasus
          and the wraith were eventually driven away from earth, but were feasting on the milky way..

Comment

I found it hard to believe that Michael and Sheppard's role in finding Teyla (not some other reason to find some gizmo that would destroy the universe, but Teyla) creates a significant impact in the future. While it is still possible for something to happen, it just doesn't seem rational.

As for the expedition leaving Atlantis, I wished Rodney had emphasized in detail why did they leave. And when Rodney went to go visit General Lorne, give or take 10-30 years have past, I was still surprised to see them alive at all, let alone see Earth to develop some pretty technological advancements over the decades. So did Michael really succeed in defeating Atlantis? And after so many years... why was Earth still there? lol. I would think that Michael would find a way to the Milky Way galaxy if they overran Atlantis.

Comment

As for leaving Atlantis- it sounded like it was a lost cause and there was no more reason to put money and resources into it. As for Lorne's words- sounded like Michael was enslaving the Milky Way, maybe he used Teyla's son for the mission? That would explain why he wanted him.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post

See, these are all good questions that bother me to. But the thing that REALLY gets me is why Atlantis was left intact. I mean, its pretty obvious that the knowledge in the database would transform any race that could get there hands on it into major galactic players. And even if we did erase all of it, the city itself could still provide key information on intergalactic drives, shield tech, weapons and a ton of other stuff, so why did we leave it there for anybody to come and find?!

Comment

Working...
                X