• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unofficial 2008 Christmas Special Thread: "The Next Doctor"

Only 18 and a half hours to go..
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Major spoilers:

Spoiler:
    I Knew it!!! I knew he wasn't the Doctor!!!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Major spoilers:

Spoiler:
      ...Captain Obvious to the rescue.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
        ...Captain Obvious to the rescue.
        What?
        Spoiler:
        So many peope I talk to were saying how this is some future or past or paralel version of the doctor........yet he was so obviously wasn't right from the preview of the ep we saw during children in need.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well
          Spoiler:
          I guess that rules out David Morrisey as the new Doctor

Comment

What?
            Spoiler:
            So many peope I talk to were saying how this is some future or past or paralel version of the doctor........yet he was so obviously wasn't right from the preview of the ep we saw during children in need.
            It was obvious. RTD isn't that adventurous.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

On some podcasts I listen to they were mentioning that they think it is a copy of the Big Finish Audio story called The One Doctor. Not sure if it is or not, guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I thought at first (from the CiN special) that it was just someone that had heard of the Doctor (from the future or something), and decided to take on this persona, basically a scam...

Comment

Major spoilers:

Spoiler:
                  Well yes..... because

Spoiler:
                  it was plainly obvious that his sonic screwdriver... was just a standard Phillips screwdriver

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Well
                  Spoiler:
                  I guess that rules out David Morrisey as the new Doctor
                  Not Necessarily

Spoiler:
                  Timelords have regenerate to look like people they have met before... Romana I regenerating to look like Lalla Ward's character in the Key to Time arc.... plus the actor who played the 6th Doctor appeared in the 3rd Doctor story Planet of the Spiders
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Timelords have regenerate to look like people they have met before... Romana I regenerating to look like Lalla Ward's character in the Key to Time arc.... plus the actor who played the 6th Doctor appeared in the 3rd Doctor story Planet of the Spiders
                    [/QUOTE]

Colin baker played in the 5th Doctor episode "Arc of infinity" as Maxial(sp)
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Colin baker played in the 5th Doctor episode "Arc of infinity" as Maxial(sp)[/QUOTE]
                      never watched much fifth Doctor.... if I'm honest
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Im really glad he wasn't a future version of the doctor, I didn't like him at all, very pompus and old fashioned... or something....

But overall it was a fantastic episode!
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Spoiler:

1. Knew there was no way in hell the David Morrisey character could be anything to do with the real Doctor.

2. Jackson Lake was hit and miss as a character, but ultimately he was a Victorian! Would have been interesting to have him hang around longer but he certainly had his uses!

3. Miss Hartigan/Cyberking...I liked the idea.

4. Damn St Paul's came close to getting crunched! How the hell could that incident have been covered up?

Overall, probably the best Xmas ep of the bunch! And on that note, Merry Xmas to all Gateworlders!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            It was obvious. RTD isn't that adventurous.
                            What, have you been watching the show?

He is more adventurous then most writers in TV land, he is also the one who pretty much green lights everyone else's ideas on the show, so yeah he is pretty adventurous in my book.

I loved the episode. Now when do we get an actual thread to discuss it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              Spoiler:

1. Knew there was no way in hell the David Morrisey character could be anything to do with the real Doctor.

2. Jackson Lake was hit and miss as a character, but ultimately he was a Victorian! Would have been interesting to have him hang around longer but he certainly had his uses!

3. Miss Hartigan/Cyberking...I liked the idea.

4. Damn St Paul's came close to getting crunched! How the hell could that incident have been covered up?

Overall, probably the best Xmas ep of the bunch! And on that note, Merry Xmas to all Gateworlders!
                              I liked it, not brilliant but better than last years

Spoiler:
                              Loved Dervla Kirwin's Miss Hartigan

David Morissey as Jackson Lake was great, I hope he does come back as The Doctor at some point

Can Rosita become the Doctor's companion

The Transformer Cyberking rising from the Thames was stretching things a bit far

Loved the explaination as to how the Cybermen got to Victorian London

Is it me, or did the Cyberking's throne look like the Electric Chair, even my OH thought so

Comment

Working...
                              X