Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Babylon 5 Fans Here?

Hey are there any Babylon 5 fans here?

Just got the whole series as a box set and I honestly thought I'd not enjoy them as much on DVD as I did the first time around on TV, but I have to say this is some of the best TV SF I have seen in years. My favourite of all five seasons is the third season when the Shadow war is starting to take shape.

Also love the paranoia themes with Earth and the President going super mental about foreigners, and in the context of the show that means anyone not of Earth origin. I am wondering was Clark based on any real kind of leader? Not that I think we have had any world leaders in the real world that have been THAT paranoid unless you count Adolf, but certainly could see the links between the Night Watch and the Nazis......
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Wolfax is a B5 fan

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
      Wolfax is a B5 fan

Blimey!!!!!!!!!! How did you get to this so fast I had barely posted it and got a reply. Like fast.......

Comment

I was walking through the Ban the post before thread-That and I'm a Black belt in Lurking

Comment

I was walking through the Ban the post before thread-That and I'm a Black belt in Lurking

Well as long as it was just lurking and not the "hour of scampering"

Some Kosh quotes
          http://www.arborius.net/~jphekman/b5/koshisms.html

Comment

Wolfax is the only real fan I know-I know a bit about it from watching yonks ago-I moved onto Stargate

Comment

Wolfax is the only real fan I know-I know a bit about it from watching yonks ago-I moved onto Stargate

Well when the Stargate boxset is cheaper I'll migrate

but $399 for the whole series is a bit pricey

Comment

Yep

Comment

Mind you not as pricey as Star Trek stuff some of those eries despite being yonks old are such a rip off.

Comment

Star Treks trying to make up lost sales-their Franchise is being kissed goodbye *Waves* "Good riddance"

Comment

I love Babylon Five...but shouldn't this be in the...you know...Babylon 5 folder.
                      Any way, best written Sci Fi that is, and will likely ever be. I just prefer Stargate more. And John Sheridan is a personal hero of mine. So much awesome chraracter.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        I love Babylon Five...but shouldn't this be in the...you know...Babylon 5 folder.
                        Any way, best written Sci Fi that is, and will likely ever be. I just prefer Stargate more. And John Sheridan is a personal hero of mine. So much awesome chraracter.

I did not even know we had a Babylon 5 folder......

mods please can we move this there?

Comment

Any way...another leader who was quite Clarke like was Stalin. especially on the whole parania (curse that word!) factor. I watched a program once, and he was...well...nuts would be an insult to nutty people.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Any way...another leader who was quite Clarke like was Stalin. especially on the whole parania (curse that word!) factor. I watched a program once, and he was...well...nuts would be an insult to nutty people.

And Joseph McCarthy would be a President Clarke Wannabe too......

OMG I only just found the Babylon 5 folder.. like just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              And Joseph McCarthy would be a President Clarke Wannabe too......

OMG I only just found the Babylon 5 folder.. like just now.
                              Senator McCarthy had his own band of weird. IMO he was just trying to protect the nation from what he percieved as an honest and real threat. But, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He was not evil per se, just radical, and paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X