This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im very sad

I am sad the next sg-1 movie will( if it gets green lit) will film in 2009 but will be released in 2010? TPTB wanted to do 3 mabye 4 movies a year but it looks like they will only be doing only the atlantis movie next year. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

... Because they're human and not robots? They all have other commitments and real lives to live. They probably found out that making 4 movies a year is just too much work.

Comment

As Pharaoh said, there's only so much time in a year. (Also, there's only so much money to go around.)

Comment

I have to admit I'm also not very pleased with the number of SG1 movies coming out every year but like Pharaoh Hamenthotep has pointed out, all the actors have moved on. They all have other primary commitments and for better or worse SG1 has taken a back seat for them. Because of this fact I can understand why filming is set for summer 2009 and because of that the writers seem to be taking their time with the script as well. It seems like filming is only possible every summer, so I'm not expecting more than one movie every year.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

hmmm a movie is what 2 hours? which is basically 2 episodes... how longs it take to film 2 episodes?
          67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Perhaps the creators (all inclusive: producers, writers, actors, etc.) don't find this show as much a part of their lives as do the fans? Something to think about

Comment

Still, I thought they would at least tell us they are moving on and that stargate is no longer they're pritoriy(if it is true). They should at least tell us they were too ambitious and they will only make 1-2 movies a year. They owe us that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                ... Because they're human and not robots? They all have other commitments and real lives to live. They probably found out that making 4 movies a year is just too much work.
                and also universe got a green lit so their have to deal with that now
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                  hmmm a movie is what 2 hours? which is basically 2 episodes... how longs it take to film 2 episodes?
                  New SG-1 movies will probably take a lot longer to film... you need someone to write it, direct it, a team to work on the special effects, another to work on the sound effects and music, someone to find locations... and get all the actors in the same place at the same time when they all have new projects going on....

Comment

Just because they are filming in summer of '09, doesn't mean they couldn't be aired in '09. It only took 15 days each for the other two movies to film. It's more of a post production thing.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      Still, I thought they would at least tell us they are moving on and that stargate is no longer they're pritoriy(if it is true). They should at least tell us they were too ambitious and they will only make 1-2 movies a year. They owe us that.
                      No. No they don't.

Comment

I think people are forgetting that it doesn't matter how much Brad Wright or the actors want to make a film, it's not up to them.

Comment

i wouldn't be unhappy with one stargate movie a year

Comment

because people are going to move on. that is life. SG-1 cant live for ever. Its like the stock market, it goes up, it goes down, get over it.

sigpic
                            Sig made by squirrely1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

I am sad the next sg-1 movie will( if it gets green lit) will film in 2009 but will be released in 2010? TPTB wanted to do 3 mabye 4 movies a year
                              no they didn't. Joe said
                              Linda Gagne writes: “To those with the thoughts that tptb won’t do more than one movie, sadly, I have a feeling they don’t care about Atlantis and that will happen.”

Answer: Provided enough fans tune in to watch the television premiere and purchase the dvd, there will be plenty of Atlantis movies to come.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ons-addressed/

DasNdanger also writes: “Is it possible that this movie is merely a ‘bone’ tossed to both fans and crew/cast alike to appease them, with no intention of making a second or third movie down the line?”

Answer: Definitely not. Much will depend on how it performs but we’re confident that this will be the first of many Atlantis movies.

DasNdanger also writes: “If the first movie is well-supported and successful, then how often do you see SGA movies being produced? Once a year? Twice? More - less?”

Answer: This is a scheduling issue. I think that we could produce as many as three Stargate (either SG-1 or Atlantis) movies a year. Four is a longshot but very possible.

DasNdanger writes: “If all goes well, what do you foresee as the earliest possible release ‘date’ (i.e. beginning/middle/end of a particular year) for the first movie? Latest date?”

Answer: No idea. This would be a question for MGM and Sci Fi.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ests-and-pics/

BW said
                              BW: [...] Having said that, internally Robert and I are a little bit torn, because we had such a good time making The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum. Making one or two of those a year would be a damn fine thing to do, honestly. It takes up a big chunk of time writing it, a big chunk of time making it, and the post on a movie is more than twice as complicated as post on the biggest episodes. It's not like you can just knock one off while you're making a television show. It's just too much.

I also know that Stargate Universe is a good idea for a television show.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...e_part_2.shtml

GW: So are there plans to start shooting either of these movies the first of this [next] year?

BW: Soon. There's obviously deals that have to be put into place, and scripts to be written. I had a third Stargate movie idea during the shooting of Continuum, I started coming up with the idea. That one could happen sooner rather than later ... but I may be very busy, too.

Next year could be a very, very busy year for Stargate.
                              Let's put it that way!

**snip**

GW: I see filming in '07 and then the movies came out in '08, and seemed to be doing so well in sales, that I just kept waiting for MGM to say, "Let's do more! Let's do more!" But now if we're looking at shooting them in '09, is it going to be 2010 before we see SG-1 again?

BW: [...] Keep in mind: Nobody really knew ... we had a lot of faith that the Stargate movies were going to do really well, but they surprised everybody. Robert and I maybe were the least surprised, because of our belief in what we were trying to do -- but maybe everyone feels that way who makes a movie! But they surprised a lot of people, and it did well enough that I think things might happen faster the second time around.

GW: That would be nice!

BW: It would be!
                              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml

Thesp3aker writes: “If the first movie’s a success, how long do you think future movies would keep being produced for?”

Answer: Indefinitely. So long as they’re profitable, I can’t see any reason why MGM would want to stop making them.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-virtual-tour/

but it looks like they will only be doing only the atlantis movie next year. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              nope
                              ShardsofGlass writes: “On November 17 you said the SG-1 DVD movie had been greenlighted. Then on the 18th, you said that there was only a plan to produce one SGA movie next year. Does that mean, even though SG-1 was greenlighted, it won’t be made next year?”

Answer: The SG-1 movie and the SGA movie are two different movies. Both will be produced next year.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                              Last edited by Jumper_One; 19 December 2008, 11:50 AM.
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X