Stargate: Edge of Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Edge of Heaven

The follow idea/concept would probably get my murdered by rabid fans, if made would probably be canceled after episode 4...but I thought id post it here anyway. Maybe a few people might even like it

Stargate : Edge Of Heaven

Exploring the deathly ruins of a planet deep near the core of the milky way, a stargate exploration team find a second gate hidden beneath the shadowy cyclopean ruins. As they excavate the gate, they find it is unlike any stargate they have ever seen before. Assumed to be an abandoned prototype, they activate it in controlled conditions back on earth. Little did they know, the gate brings its users to the very edge of space, the end of the known universe itself.

In their first journey across space to the edge of the universe, the stargate team discover the oldest star systems of the universe. Green glowing eldritch beacons on the edge of going supernova with equally strange worlds of crackled earth and strange unnameable monuments. Upon exploring them, evidence of an ancient and long dead civilization begin to appear, the research team spend days transcribing the runes on the strange black ominous hatches found on the planet surfaces, and only one sentence is deciphered - "The Great Insanity From Before Time Began, Rest Behind Thou Seals". Little did they know, that some of the surviving intact hidden tombs they were beginning to explore still bore life.

In time, an alpha site was permitted on one of the safer worlds as a base of operations to launch archaeological digs. As they continude to dig further they began to awake the beings beneath the black hatches, whose runes glowed with emerald fires of unholy nature. The beings were slowly emerging from their stasis crypts from untold aeons. Time had not been kind to them, for the majority of tombs were lost to entropy. Tectonic plate shifts and other such conditions had destroyed most of the tombs and the few that survived bore nightmares more horrifying than anything a human had ever faced.

These beings had ruled in the universe before our very own, they were true gods, powerful enough to live through to the next universe and survive the big-bang itself. When the new universe was born they immidietely awoke to claim the first born planets and forge an empire in the heavens, but in this new universe they began to grow insane from such expanded lifespans and understanding of the very laws and physics of the new reborn universe.

Now they are awakening, and while not at full strength they are more powerful than anything else within the universe. These pre-universal beings have become insane due to the effect of time and entropy over the aeons. Their twisted bodies like thick gellantinous worms with tendrills and random fangs spread out over the bodies. They seemed to fly through space as if defying the laws and physics of the universe, but their awakening maybe causing a ripple effect as their bodies transverse and swim through space and stars that never should of been touched by such beings.

Notes :

* Humans are back to being the "little Guy".
    * Archaeology and exploration play an important part.
    * Alien worlds would look like other planets, not forests in Canada.
    * Show would explore the concept of alien life existing in a universe they -shouldnt- exist in, and the strange effects this causes on the very fabric of the universe.
    * Very little space-combat. Combat focussed on ground-forces.
    * Story arc pre-planned out over 4 seasons.
    * Rabid fans kill Acolyte before he is able to film 4th season.
    * HP Lovecraft is summoned from the dead by second group of rabid fans to produce 4th season.
    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Not bad but I would make it only one season and I would change the story line a little for a third season
    sigpic

Comment

hmmmmm not a bad idea but its continuing the god arc a bit lol, also if they can survive the universe collapsing and the big abgn and they have understanding of the very laws and physics of the new reborn universe, then they would be unbeatable thats it just that lol nothing could stand against that type of bad guy soooo no dont think it would be a good series sorry lol
      Captain Simms

Comment

Not too bad, not too bad. Why don't you actually write a virtual series about it? Wouldn't be that bad of an idea now would it! ;-)

Comment

Not too bad, but it sounds more Final Fantasy than Stargate to me (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as FF rocks).
          Perhaps an alternate reality Stargate series, that could have ties somehow with our reality.
          Whoever the race that made the reality mirror featured in 'There But For The Grace Of God' (SG1 season 1) was could be revealed and provide a link to the reality that features this race.

Overall I think this could make a good mini-series, here have some green.

Comment

It'd make a nice anime. You could put some Fantasia-like 3D sound effects in it and spook the stoners.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

VERY GOOD!!!! I love fan fic, really, start writing, stories, scripts, whatever.START NOW!!!!!!!!!

here have some green

sigpic
              Sig made by squirrely1
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
              *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

You don't even know how the PTB would have done Universe yet...

Perfecto!

Comment

I agree. I could see that storyline done really well in graphic form. The aliens would look particularly dramatic.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats now a bad idea at all......
                    Tst

Comment

I like the idea but u have made the bad guys a little over powered.
                      Our current military trying to take on a C'tan. lol

it would be cool if u made a virtual series about it though

Comment

Too powerful ? I never did explain that properly. Hopefully the following will explain the purpose of these creatures more, including their weakness (and believe me I dont believe in too powerful beings, weakness is important for any kind of villain/opposition imo) ;

Their weakness would be still existing. See, the way I envision it is they start as all powerful beings, but the longer they are awake the more it begins to decay them as the effects of our universes laws and physics slowly corrode their bodies until they are no more. Their minds gone, they would simply be causing chaos.

The humans would simply have to avoid them, and find some way of "repairing" the f**ked up space the creatures have touched, so in a way the aliens arent the real enemy guy its actually the "damage" they cause which is the real threat.

I like the idea of -the- most godlike beings you can imagine...fallen and reduced to little more than chaos, a force of nature trying to stop itself from drowning but taking with it anything it can before it reaches its inevitable demise. I'd imagine the series as less action-packed, more archeology, so alot of it would be exploring the ruins and edge of the known universe. Finding out pre-universal history could be very interesting, the idea that these temples and ruins contain answers and histories of things that came before even our own stars were born into existence. So in a way, a large part of this "series" would deal with how this knowledge effects the main characters. I imagine the knowledge would be so much it might cause people to act differently, lose themselves, perhaps even turn insane, but id like it to test the limits of a bunch of characters who in general are "good" human beings.

'You don't even know how the PTB would have done Universe yet...'
                        Whats your point ? its not going to stop me or anyone else who wants to from giving the real thing a chance is it ?
                        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                          Whats your point ? its not going to stop me or anyone else who wants to from giving the real thing a chance is it ?
                          My point was exactly that that you should give SGU a chance before trying to fix it. I hadn't yet read your idea when I said that, I was just going by the title, and the tone seemed to me like you were already trying to fix it.

I guess you shouldn't judge a thread by its title.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                            My point was exactly that that you should give SGU a chance before trying to fix it. I hadn't yet read your idea when I said that, I was just going by the title, and the tone seemed to me like you were already trying to fix it.

I guess you shouldn't judge a thread by its title.

ahh, thanks for explaining, I see what you mean. That wasnt my intention though, and I guess its a case of me badly wording things. My intention was to just put out my own concept of what I envisioned a third series to be like and see what people thought of it. I didnt really intend to give the impression I thought my ideas were any 'better' at all. I dont have any ego about anything I make/do.

Comment

Good storyline....but lets see how Universe plays out before we start writing a script

Comment

Working...
                              X