No announcement yet.

Chloe Armstrong/Elyse Levesque Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel much more positive about this character since (1). I've seen her, and (2). Robert Carlyle says she's a wonderful young actress.

Comment

... because she could end up being one of the strongest characters.

Don't get me wrong: I know things don't exactly look bright. Party girl. A little spoiled. The plotline with the use of the Ancient device. "Stunning and sexy". Doesn't look too promising, does it? It isn't too much of a stretch to believe she's going to be the whining, useless member of Destiny that everybody's gonna want to airlock at some point -- much less, a favourite character.

I get the concern, as there should be. She could be just another pretty thing. I personally don't know what to expect either, especially from Stargate.

Yet she's been taking a lot of crap lately. Too much crap. The show hasn't even aired yet and won't air for a long while. We probably only know a small bit about this character. And even then, people are focusing on only the possible negative outcomes from this character.

She may not be physically strong and she might have gotten into some partying. She may not have a specialty like Tamara the medic. But I don't think she's stupid. She dreams of following her father's footsteps, after all, and is "politically saavy". She's not a stereotypical bimbo.

She's going to be thrown around a bit in the situation. And even if she doens't appear to be strong, she could be a character that posesses a lot of intellegence and something called inner strength. Not every character has that.

Think about it. (:

Comment

I dont' hate any of the characters from SGU

and chloe has my support
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I agree completely.

I've been thinking for a while that she could end up being one of the most interesting characters.

And I'm tired of poeple instantly assuming she'll be a whining "party girl".

Give Chloe a chance! (at least until the Pilot)

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
          Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I never listen to fan overeaction and those terrible character descriptions. Besides I have always been on the side of unpopular opinion. So as I said before I wll be a Chloe supporter until what I see in the pilot.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Agreed! I'm kinda happy that you made this thread, as I agree with everything you said. She could end up being the amalgamation of everyone's fears, but I'm a bit more confident that she could be one of the most interesting characters of the show.

Considering

Spoiler:
              that her father dies early on, and she ends up finding out all of her "friends" were only there for their own political gain

I feel she could be one of the first people (at least civilians) to truly embrace making the best out of life on the ship. Or perhaps I'm just too optimistic on too many things as of late .
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                I feel she could be one of the first people (at least civilians) to truly embrace making the best out of life on the ship. Or perhaps I'm just too optimistic on too many things as of late .
                No such thing as to much optimism!

Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I agree that we should give Chloe a chance. The show hasn't even premiered yet, let's see what happens. And even if she seems like a spoiled brat in the first few episodes, there's always character development.

Comment

I am liking the character, although from the trailers so far it obvious she going to be adapting conditions pretty well. Also why the actor does loot sexy, I think you can tell from her cloths that the character is not exactly sexy and fashionable either.

I actually think she will probably become one of my favorite characters on the show, might only be second to Rush. But hey I wot mind if they kill her off in the first season either, but that goes for any character.

So I am giving her a chance, more than a chance.

Comment

IIRC

the idea of rodney mcaky being in SGA wasn't popular and look how that turned out

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                        I agree that we should give Chloe a chance. The show hasn't even premiered yet, let's see what happens. And even if she seems like a spoiled brat in the first few episodes, there's always character development.

This is a very good point. I'm actually willing to accept that she may be hard to deal with at first, but all things considered (see above *Spoilers*), I'd understand. And indeed, character development is a very good thing
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                          I'm actually hoping she starts out as a spoiled brat so her character can slowly develop.

Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            IIRC

the idea of rodney mcaky being in SGA wasn't popular and look how that turned out
                            Haha! Very nice point.
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              IIRC

Well given McKeller and the overuse of his character I would say badly
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Well given McKeller and the overuse of his character I would say badly
                                not talking about the ship i'm talking about rodney only

Comment

Working...
                                X