• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    not talking about the ship i'm talking about rodney only
    Still badly as McKay was used far too much
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I couldn't care less if she's likeable to be honest, some (if not most) of the best characters out there aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I couldn't care less if she's likeable to be honest, some (if not most) of the best characters out there aren't.
        Good point. She doesn't have to be likeable to be interesting.
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Good point. She doesn't have to be likeable to be interesting.
          I think it would be better if she was at least a bit likeable, but it would be interesting to have a total snob or whatever she would be on board. Be interesting to see how the rest of the crew dealt with her.

But still, we'll have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
            I think it would be better if she was at least a bit likeable, but it would be interesting to have a total snob or whatever she would be on board. Be interesting to see how the rest of the crew dealt with her.

I agree. I want her to be at least a bit likable.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
            Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post

Agreed that I'd also prefer if she was likeable, but she doesn't have to start off that way. I get the feeling she wouldn't start out snobby though...not given the situation. Maybe really emotional and possibly whiny. I hope they don't pull a Shannon with her though .
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

We've come a long way from the "We're in it for the lulz" thread, haven't we?

But anyway, I'll join this movement. IMHO she is so vastly different from any other Stargate character (Keller included) that it's going to be pretty damn hard for her to NOT be interesting, for me. She's an unknown entity, a new archetype to explore, and that's good.

Comment

Maybe I missed something, were a lot of people not giving Chloe a chance? I'll let you know what I think after Air 1-3...if I know enough by then. Sounds like her character will have to experience some growing pains along the way.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

But anyway, I'll join this movement. IMHO she is so vastly different from any other Stargate character (Keller included) that it's going to be pretty damn hard for her to NOT be interesting, for me. She's an unknown entity, a new archetype to explore, and that's good.
                    I was actually discussing this with a friend of mine. I pointed out how Chloe seems interesting in that she is the first main character who is both not in the military and not a scientist. While Weir was also a civilian, she held a doctorate and she was the leader of the Atlantis expedition.

Chloe, however, is still relatively young and is not in any immediate leadership role, so it'll be interesting to see where she goes. Who will she support more as people clash for leadership on the Destiny? The military (Col. Young), scientists (Dr. Rush), or the civilians (likely Wray)?

I'm also interested to see what role she can play. Will she go through the gate with the off-world team?
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

im giving Chloe my full support....she honestly looks like she has the most room to grow and is also the only true civilian out of the group it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Agreed that I'd also prefer if she was likeable, but she doesn't have to start off that way. I get the feeling she wouldn't start out snobby though...not given the situation. Maybe really emotional and possibly whiny. I hope they don't pull a Shannon with her though .
                        Pull a Shannon? What's that mean?

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                        Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

she also has every reason to be emotional or whiny..her Dad is going to die probably right before her eyes....make just about anyone act like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                            In case of spoilers (I'm still unsure of when to use these)

Spoilers for LOST below...

Spoiler:
                            Shannon was a character on Lost that was killed off in season 2. Her character was generally whiny, annoying, snobby, and self-centered. However, in her last episode, a backstory is brought up through flashbacks in which you get a glimpse of why she was the way she was, and it was a real defining moment for her. Even better, was that it set the stage (at least imo) for her to really grow even more. And then...she gets shot in the stomach and dies. It made me sad, because I had finally grown to like her, and I've seen the same sentiment amongst many other people who've watched Lost.

Hope that helps a bit...although you'll probably have an answer before mine gets posted. I'm looking forward to the post screening to be over with so I can post like normal .
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                              Did you watch season 1 and 2 and I think 3 of Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                She may not be physically strong and she might have gotten into some partying. She may not have a specialty like Tamara the medic. But I don't think she's stupid. She dreams of following her father's footsteps, after all, and is "politically saavy". She's not a stereotypical bimbo.
                                This.

I see a lot of potential for this.

Am I the only one hoping that both Wray and Chloe turn out to be well-written, thought provoking characters and that Wray becomes something of a mentor for Chloe?

She's going to be thrown around a bit in the situation. And even if she doens't appear to be strong, she could be a character that posesses a lot of intellegence and something called inner strength. Not every character has that.
                                This is the part where I hope and pray the PTB learn the meaning of subtle.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                But she has to at least be tolerable in that he character (likeable or not) serves a purpose. I've gotten the feeling that some people aren't even willing to tolerate her character.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Play nice.

This is going to be fun, right?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X