Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe Armstrong/Elyse Levesque Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

<mod note, exclusively pro or con threads are no longer allowed>

first off yes we don't know much about her yet but i do like the idea of a crazy party girl on SG it really might set the tone for the younger audience

the info we know already

chloe Carpenter – A "stunning and sexy" daughter of a US Senator around her twenties, whose character is tested "after her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship

in time i hope rob and brad cast the right actress for this role

any other fans of this character ???

is crazy party girl your hope or your fantasy?

Chloe is the one character that they're going to have to be careful with. Casting is going to be crucial. Looks are great, but the actress is going to have to really be able to act. It is going to be really tough, unless they come up with something like her being the only one to have the ancient gene (unlikely though that they'd have 'locked' down the Destiny but you never know), this is a character that isn't going to have a lot to do, or rather, a lot she can do. A talented actress will be able to pull this off, and add depth to the character.

I'm kinda thinking like the character of Shannon in Lost.
    sigpic

Comment

Kristin Bell.

She's about the only younger actress I can think of off the top of my head that could pull this role out without making me want to scratch my eyes out and tear my ears off everytime I'd see her on-screen.

As tired as I am of the sterotypical party-girl persona because it's been done to death, it might possibly be interesting to see a "normal" person react to the this whole, wormhole, alien, intergalactic travel thing.

The only way I can see this character working and keeping people interested beyond the whole "sexy and stunning" thing is if she's at the very least intelligent and not prone to whining about her "poor, little rich girl" status. Now, that would be a refreshing change from the sterotype.

Frankly, I'm wondering why TPTB decided to go this route with one of their characters. They have to know a lot of people will go in with the preconcieved notion of a party-bimbo and will most likely hate her before they see her.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I like Krinstin Bell....She would be a great addition....If they go for someone like her!

Oh and p.s.......Please for the love of all things sane....No more characters that whine
        sigpic

Comment

I agree, she played the bubbly clever teenage detective in veronica mars, but after her stint as Elle in heroes i think she is an amazing actress, and could pull this character off.

Comment

i never considered Kristin Bell that would be cool

Comment

I dunno who I'd have play her... but from the character descriptions a while ago, one of them sounded quiet and stoic... rather teal'c/ronon-esque... yeah, I'd ship the two of them *snort* *dodges tomatoes*

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                I dunno who I'd have play her... but from the character descriptions a while ago, one of them sounded quiet and stoic... rather teal'c/ronon-esque... yeah, I'd ship the two of them *snort* *dodges tomatoes*
                It's not even started yet and you're already shipping characters
                sigpic

Comment

Discuss this actor/character

I personally think she looks really great

I mean, how pretty isnt she ^^?:

So, unlike many others (i presume) shes the one im looking forward to the most along side Eli of course

Also think her character sounds interesting

Please... Discuss!

Comment

I really hope she can act and she will have chance to show it.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I hope too

Comment

She is pretty on that picture, but I am sure they photoshoped it or used a good make-up. It is impossible she hasn't got any mole or acne.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I reckon her character will have the most room to grow, maybe even in just the first few episodes. We already know that in the first few episodes
                          Spoiler:
                          her father gets killed, then she finds out no one she knew on earth really liked her.

Her world will just be completely shattered and she will have to rebuild herself. I'm sure a lot of people wont like her at first, but I reckon they'll grow into her.

Also she's stunning. But she's not like ''wow she's so incredibly hot my eyes melted''. She's hot and cute. If that makes sense. She has a girl next door quality. I think.

Comment

Discuss this actor/character

I personally think she looks really great
                            It's really not about the pretty... I find it more than a little disheartening that all the initial comments about the male actors were about their acting skills, but when the woment are announced it's about their relative 'hotness'. The only exception to this has been Ming-Na, who has been judged both 'hot' and talented. Which is not untrue, but, c'mon folks! (That's a generalized 'c'mon, folks' relating to all the comments in various threads, not any post or thread specifically... )

So glad you said that...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              i have high hopes for this characters so lets hope so
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X