Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Range Communications device, ATA gene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Range Communications device, ATA gene?

I noticed rodney said you needed the ATA gene to activate the stones/device, and that the stones in Janus' lap must of already been activated. Now if this is the case, how did SG1 use the device in season nine/ten?
    Since it could of been re-initialized, but I doubt that. More so when Vala used the one in the Ori galaxy, as that wouldn't of been used. Some what of a plot hole.

Also is anyone else annoyed at the idea, that this secret technology, that only the ancients can use, can in fact be used by anyone after an Ancient activates it? They need better security!

Joe Spencer and O'Neil in Citzen Joe activated the stones.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

The stones in the Ori galaxy could have been initialized by any one. We do not know how common, or uncommon, the ATA gene is in the Ori Galaxy
      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I have no idea i'm clueless.
        Tst

Comment

Do we know for sure that Vala doesn't have the ancient gene?
          Did the ancients make the terminals to be secret technology? We don't know how common they were and the ancients probably assumed they would be there to regulate there use. I wouldn't call it a plot hole.

Comment

the ancients used them back in the ori galaxy before they left and when the ori took over the rebels in the ori galaxy did everything to protect the ancient technology so the stone would of already been active due to the ancients using them before they left
            sigpic

Comment

Joe Spencer and O'Neil in Citzen Joe activated the stones.
              ^
              This

Plus, we know that these devices stay on indefinitely until they are manually turned off or run out of power. I don't think they knew how to turn these things off so it is safe to assume they were still on.
              " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
              - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

hey does anyone know what types of stargate atlantis simulators there are cause i can only find the DHD one

Comment

Working...
                X