Our Father & Duel (spoilers inc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Father & Duel (spoilers inc)

So, getting right to the point here, there are a few things that now don't make sense, and some, that aren't explained.

The first is the Catalyst. Before they went back in time, Claire was the Catalyst. Then, in the past, Hiro became the Catalyst. Does this mean that Claire losses the Catalyst that she had the moment Hiro acquired it, or, does it mean that Claire never actually had it, and the events of the past were suppose to happen, and Hiro had the Catalyst all along. What Sylar told Claire about being 'special' was something else, maybe something for a different volume?

The second thing, is Ando's power. Correct me if I am wrong, but early this season, Hiro went forward in time, and saw what looked like Ando killing Hiro with red lightning, ironically, the same red lightning that Ando now has. They were also discussing the formula too. This leads me to two conclusions:

1) The 'Forumla' storyline has yet to be officially concluded, and the scene between Ando and Hiro has yet to occur (at which point, if we assume that Hiro still has no power, what does red lightning do to someone who is powerless).

2) That future wont ever happen... However, the whole formula thing was about giving people powers. The black smoke (lets call it the smoke from lost) that appeared to be approaching didn't seem to have any connection to the formula.

This is assuming that someone hasn't got the power, to teleport into the LOST show, and bring the smoke monster back with them...

And finally, Nathan (now against) Peter. It was obvious, as soon as Mohinder found that formula, that Peter was going to get his powers back again, just, he now has to go out and acquire them all.. In theory, he should have Nathan's flying ability, and Flint's flames, along with whatever Mohinder now posesses.

I'm not sure I like nathan as the bad guy either, and from what I've read online, a lot more of our Heroes are going to die
    Spoiler:
    in a Plane Crash
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    So, getting right to the point here, there are a few things that now don't make sense, and some, that aren't explained.

The first is the Catalyst. Before they went back in time, Claire was the Catalyst. Then, in the past, Hiro became the Catalyst. Does this mean that Claire losses the Catalyst that she had the moment Hiro acquired it, or, does it mean that Claire never actually had it, and the events of the past were suppose to happen, and Hiro had the Catalyst all along. What Sylar told Claire about being 'special' was something else, maybe something for a different volume?

At this point I completely disregard all time travel and the consequences of... from this show. It doesn't ever make sense. I actually feel that there isn't one show or movie (besides Back to the Future) that does Time Travel correctly. I think all of Sci-Fi should have adopted BTTF's vision of Time Travel, instead we have all of this "multiverse" crap that falls apart once put under a microscope and disected.

The second thing, is Ando's power. Correct me if I am wrong, but early this season, Hiro went forward in time, and saw what looked like Ando killing Hiro with red lightning, ironically, the same red lightning that Ando now has. They were also discussing the formula too. This leads me to two conclusions:

1) The 'Forumla' storyline has yet to be officially concluded, and the scene between Ando and Hiro has yet to occur (at which point, if we assume that Hiro still has no power, what does red lightning do to someone who is powerless).

2) That future wont ever happen... However, the whole formula thing was about giving people powers. The black smoke (lets call it the smoke from lost) that appeared to be approaching didn't seem to have any connection to the formula.

This is assuming that someone hasn't got the power, to teleport into the LOST show, and bring the smoke monster back with them...
    I was thinking about this also and figured Hiro either got his powers back, or never lost them in that future so he was going to use Time Travel/Teleportation in some way to battle Ando. Maybe Ando was trying to touch Hiro before he teleports so he goes somewhere farther than where Hiro originally wanted to go. Also, the "Black Smoke", as you call it could be tied to the formula if it were the result of a power somebody got because of the propagation of the formula in that future.
    sigpic

Comment

Overall, I feel the writers change plots and motivations depending on what they felt at the time. There isn't confirmation of anything.

On S1: Was there an actual confirmation of Claire being Catalyst? Arthur sent out the troops to capture her and make sure she didn't die, but then she did for a moment. To me it's most likely that Hiro's dad said Claire was special, and everything went from there. Not Catalyst special, just a special child. (my recording stopped 10 minutes short) Sylar's statement may not have anything to do with Catalyst at all.

On S2: Uhm....So? The future timelines are a frickin' mess and are hardly a thing to make expectations about. More likely the the writers changed Ando's powers from that show to the current one and didn't care they are being inconsistent. (see also: 4 yr old Noah)

On C1: The formula storyline _will_never_be_concluded_. The formula was ripped apart and thrown on the floor for anyone to find and put back together. My bet is Hiro having reduced power and needs a battery (Ando) to time travel anymore. Ando may not do anything to the ungifted so would only be useful as the perpetual sidekick. A better use would be for him to be "Jinx" where he causes the powers of others to increase or fail.

For Fugitives, here's my preferences: Peter can only hold 2 powers at a time and has to choose carefully. Same with Sylar, who's ability changes because he's been head stabbed too long. Hiro requires Ando to time jump more than a few seconds.

Comment

Claire was never the catalyst, the timeline was contained by Mrs Nakamura giving Hiro the Catalyst, then Arthur taking it. Between 1991-2007, the Catalyst didn't exist. That's how I see it as occuring. Claire also introduced the term Claire-Bear to her father. All self-contained and repeating.

The second thing, is Ando's power. Correct me if I am wrong, but early this season, Hiro went forward in time, and saw what looked like Ando killing Hiro with red lightning, ironically, the same red lightning that Ando now has. They were also discussing the formula too. This leads me to two conclusions
        Yeah, either the Formula-Storyline is yet to be completed, or the future was avoided and Ando will never kill Hiro with his Chargin' Ma Laser power. Who knows what effect it has on normal people, it looks electric, so it would stand to reason that a large enough voltage would kill him, if Future!Hiro was powerless at that point.

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient
        nstead we have all of this "multiverse" crap that falls apart once put under a microscope and disected.
        What's hard to understand? There's one timeline that is constantly changed by either different Future!Peters or different Future!Hiros. It follows exactly the same idea as BTTF, without the cheesy fading out of existance side-effect. However, Heroes just has more of it than BTTF had, largely due to having two Time-Travellers who keep travelling back from the future to try and make right what once went wrong every season.

Originally posted by Zeropoint
        4 yr old Noah
        What about him? Either he'll be addressed in future episodes, or the writers will drop that plot-point due to lack of sufficient ideas, and leave him as a possibility than never occured in this time-line, who-ever the mother may have been. It could have been Elle, who Sylar killed, thus preventing Noah from ever being born. Simple.

Comment

I have to agree with The Prophet here. The way I see it the formula can't be completed now because Arthur was the catalyst and it seemed like to me that when he died the catalyst died with him. May be a flawed formula could be made but the people who took it would eventually die.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
            I have to agree with The Prophet here. The way I see it the formula can't be completed now because Arthur was the catalyst and it seemed like to me that when he died the catalyst died with him. May be a flawed formula could be made but the people who took it would eventually die.
            That's part of my point. We didn't see Arthur truly die. He took a bullet to his brain and fell down. With Adam's power he could've woke up before the fire and left. Arthur is dead when he's a dessicated corpse shown on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
              That's part of my point. We didn't see Arthur truly die. He took a bullet to his brain and fell down. With Adam's power he could've woke up before the fire and left. Arthur is dead when he's a dessicated corpse shown on screen.
              No-one stays dead in Sci-Fi. There's part of me that would believe it if Meredith & Flint survived, collapsing buildings aren't always fatal and they remain unharmed from their own flames (and oxygen deprivation caused by it). Who knows.

The Puppet master could still be alive, Sylar didn't seem to kill him, just render his control void. Heck, Hobo-Colossus could still be walking around with one arm somewhere...

So far, the only characters that have definitely died in this episode are Knox and Echo, one breaking into frozen pieces and the other having his throat cut. Everyone else could technically come back, without breaking the suspence of disbelief too much.

Comment

Working...
              X