This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they can get Robert Carlyle...

...who else can they get? Think about it, really. RC sounds like a good, big paycheck type of man. Maybe he's not here, who knows what he is making with SGU (or will)...but who else would you like to see in SGU, if all doors are open?

I'd like to see Kevin Spacey, David Paul Boreanaz (Angel), James Marsters or even Nathan Fillion. I think David/Kevin/Nate would all make a great Young. Although Nate/David would be better -- they are more suited to be in funny roles, like Jack O'Neill. However, I doubt David would give up bones for SGU -- and Kevin Spacey is a stretch...but who knows?

What do you guys think?

I'd say one big name is probably enough, but I wouldn't mind seeing Lennie James onscreen again, he was great in Jericho and could pull of a military role easily.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I have a feeling Col Everett will be a known name too.

Perfecto!

Comment

I don't think they'll prise Kevin Spacey away from running his theatre in London. He seems to be well into it. But who knows?

What about sticking with the Scottish theme - any reason why they couldn't get Sean Connery to do a few episodes at any rate? That would be amazing!

If I was going with my wish list ... who's the chap from Jericho? I've forgotten his name and he was so amazing in that, and as the Tok'ra chap in SG1.

James Marsters would be way too cool. I'd be thrilled with that casting!

Oh and you know, David Tennant may have some spare time in a year...

(great idea for a thread!)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
          What about sticking with the Scottish theme - any reason why they couldn't get Sean Connery to do a few episodes at any rate? That would be amazing!
          I can remember that I was one of the ones who said they'd never get Lou Gossett on SG-1 but they did and it was fantastic! I'd love to see Sean Connery do a few episodes. All they'd have to do is to get him to stand there and smile at the camera and I'm good!
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Yes indeed - and they got Issac Hayes!

Anything is possible
            sigpic

Comment

Kevin McKidd for Young would be good.

Comment

john simm would be awesome as a sarcy doctor or something like that hes done alryt stuff like life on mars and dr who but i doubt they would cast him lol
                Captain Simms

Comment

I don't think they'll prise Kevin Spacey away from running his theatre in London. He seems to be well into it. But who knows?

If I was going with my wish list ... who's the chap from Jericho? I've forgotten his name and he was so amazing in that, and as the Tok'ra chap in SG1.

Sean Connery would be amazing...omg he is such a good actor! And I forgot about David Tennant! He would be a good alien of some sort...had to be a funny one at that!!!

Comment

Talk about a big name for such a "small" show.

Comment

i would love it if they got David Tenant lol! Also i think Nathan Fillion or even Alan Tudyk would make great comic relief characters although they prob wont bring anymore firefly actor over or it could get weird!

Comment

How about Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris in ST Voyager). Though I guess by now he isn't really young anymore, but he's not old either. He might make a good Everett Young.

Comment

I've just thought that Johnny Galecki (leonard from big bang theory)

as Eli Hitchcock, the tech guy, we know he can pull off techno babble really well and is cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronjw View Post
                            How about Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris in ST Voyager). Though I guess by now he isn't really young anymore, but he's not old either. He might make a good Everett Young.
                            Young is in his forties, if the character sheet is indeed correct. ;-) He should do good for it, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                              Young is in his forties, if the character sheet is indeed correct. ;-) He should do good for it, as well.
                              Oh, I missed that. Robert D. McNeill would do nicely then, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X