Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilers: Original Base, Original Attackers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers: Original Base, Original Attackers?

We now know that the team only end up trapped on the Destiny by mistake and out of a need to escape an attack on their original Alpha site type base, Which I am guessing is situated within the Milkyway?

So I wonder firstly what this base was used for? Clearly it has a strong scientific presence. Where they studing the ninth cheveron, or something else?

I also wonder if this enemy who attacks them will be a cameo of an old enemy like the Goa'uld, Foothold Aliens or Re'tu? Or if the base was that new Moon Base and the attackers where the Wraith from Atlantis's 'Enemy at the Gates'? Whoever it is attacking them however, I am sure they will be a one time enemy and the series main enemy/enemies will only emerge once in the Destinies Galaxy.

It would be a great opportunity though to revisit some of Stargates past enemies, even if its just for one short scene, which as no impact on the series as a whole apart from the means as to how they get to the Destiny. Old Enemies like the Foothold Aliens would not really require any past knowledge of Stargate for new fans, yet will provide a nice touch of the old time fans. That or the attackers will simply remain unseen.

Your Thoughts?
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Yes, I too am hoping that they're going to come up with a specific reason for the base being secret. It would be cool if they had discovered some early, Ancient, remains. Or maybe a really old abandoned civilisation. Perhaps something to do with the giants in Crystal Skull even?

I don't mind who it is that attacks them, and it would be quite nice to go back to basics and have a Goa'uld turn up, as long as the attack is quite well done. I personally love lots of special effects, space battles and things being blown up
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
      Yes, I too am hoping that they're going to come up with a specific reason for the base being secret. It would be cool if they had discovered some early, Ancient, remains. Or maybe a really old abandoned civilisation. Perhaps something to do with the giants in Crystal Skull even?

I don't mind who it is that attacks them, and it would be quite nice to go back to basics and have a Goa'uld turn up, as long as the attack is quite well done. I personally love lots of special effects, space battles and things being blown up
      I believe the base could be built around some Ancient ruin which helped lead to the discovery of the Ninth Chevron. And they was in the proses of testing the connection when the base is attacked and they had no choice but to go through the gate.

I would not mind it being a Goa'uld who attacks, maybe one who learn about the base from the Trust. However both the Goa'uld and Jaffa will have too much back story for new fans. Which is why I feel something like the Foothold Aliens (maybe not the Re'tu) would be better suited for the attack, since they don't have enough backstory and history for new fans to understand, yet are well enough know for old time fans to get a nice warm kick out of it.

However I fear the attackers might just be unseen enemies who bomb the base from space, and so are never seen. However a nice touch there would be the inclusion of the Ha'tak weapons sound effects, which would let old fans know who the attackers are, but just be a normal sound effect to new fans.
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Maybe the base is the location where the Ancients "perfected" the 9 chevron gate, with a gate that can connect to the Destiny. That could also explain why they can't get back: the gate could be destroyed/buried/captured, so going back would be suicide. It would take the SGC time to figure out if they are even still alive.

Comment

that seems plausible and a good set up for the start of the series.

I also like the idea of not knowing who the enemy is to start with except for maybe a clue in the weapon sounds or something like that.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting. The Foothold Aliens sound like the most plausible choice based on what the above posters pointed out. If not, then we will see what TPTB will do.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

The SGC is a secret base too. All bases are secret in Stargate. Just saying.

I think the Destiny is in MW. The ninth chevron will probably be used to get there, then the ship engages some sort of uber stardrive and the runaways end up in a distant galaxy, blah, blah.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I too am hoping that they're going to come up with a specific reason for the base being secret.
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be secret just by virtue of the fact that it involves the Stargate?

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                I think the Destiny is in MW. The ninth chevron will probably be used to get there, then the ship engages some sort of uber stardrive and the runaways end up in a distant galaxy, blah, blah.
                1. If the Destiny were in the Milky Way, then they would not need the ninth Chevron to reach it.

2. The Stargate Universe Official Website says: "After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization..." (emphasis added)
                "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

LOL good point! I am guessing that this particular base is even more secret - perhaps even within most of the SG program?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                    1. If the Destiny were in the Milky Way, then they would not need the ninth Chevron to reach it.
                    True.
                    sigpic

Comment

For the sake of plot coherance i hope it is related to whoever/whatever the series villian ends up being. Like whatever leads to their finding the 9th chevron leads to the badguys destroying the base, leads to them fleeing to destiny, and leads to BADGUYS X for 5 yrs.

Edit: And it sounds like the 9th chevron dials the Destiny WHEREVER it is in the universe
                      Last edited by kymeric; 16 December 2008, 06:07 AM.

Comment

but how then would those bad buys get to the same galaxy, or part of the galaxy, as the Destiny? Wouldn't it make more sense to have someone we know or more familiar attacking the base here, and then have them flee one life or death situation, only to find themselves facing an even deadlier, unknown foe?

But I do agree, the recurring villain should be in the opener (either the first ep or the two parter if it starts that way) for coninuity.
                        sigpic

Comment

but how then would those bad buys get to the same galaxy, or part of the galaxy, as the Destiny? Wouldn't it make more sense to have someone we know or more familiar attacking the base here, and then have them flee one life or death situation, only to find themselves facing an even deadlier, unknown foe?

But I do agree, the recurring villain should be in the opener (either the first ep or the two parter if it starts that way) for coninuity.
                          That makes sense. The main enemy the Destiny will face can't be the same one that attacks the SGC base as that would mean the enemy in 'Universe' would have the ability to get to and from the "Universe galaxy" to the MilkyWay galaxy in a short period if time. Therefor all the team would have to do to get home is steal one of the Enemies ships then plot a course back to Earth. Therefor the Miklyway attackers at the start must be a one off and separate from the new recurring ones.

I also agree that the recurring Villain should be in the opener, but its 3 hours long, so it could start with a familiar enemy at the start then show the new villains in the 2nd or 3rd parts? Like someone else said, trading one bad situation or another completely new one.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

All the really advanced races can travel between galaxies; the ori, the ancients, the asgard (and by extension us). Whos to saw these aliens we know are the most advanced that one can get?

As far as we know 304s dont have any greater a powersource, just engines that work better. Maybe aliens (if theyve been around longer) have found a faster way to travel on the same power?

My speculation is that the universe is dominated by a single form of life. Im sure theres endless kinds of aliens in the universe. But the earliest ones should be the most prolific. And whos to say the ancients are the first, theyre only millions of years old, the universe is billions. If they hadnt created the Wraith, or ascended, the Ancients probably would have kept going on galaxy to galaxy breeding till the universe was full of ancients.

I still vote for Subterranian crab people.

Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl Crab ppl *ahem
                            Last edited by kymeric; 16 December 2008, 06:27 AM.

Comment

If this enemy has already worked out a way to get to the Milky Way then the bigger problem wouldn't be what was happening to the team on Destiny, but what was happening to Earth. Although, having said that, it would provide a level of angst and drama - not only would they be stranded, but they'd be desperate not knowing what was happening to loved ones or the planet as a whole.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X