Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think a "digg it" type system would only promote divisiveness and competitiveness between "factions" who would inevitably try to outdo each other

And we take cyber attacks, and the threat of them very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ciel View Post
      people will just become pissed an spread the bad word about gateworld....really I know gateworld will mod itself into oblivion with this method......
      Every respectable forum "mods itself into oblivion", otherwise it'd just be a series of YouTube-style commentary lists.

not to mention people with skills can just orchestrate a DOS attack on gateworld LOL.....why not do as slashdot and just have a system where other users mark a post as good or bad and then good posts become prominent and bad posts become obscure - that way the post remains there for anyone who diggs down to see it - the poster is satisfied because they were able to express their opinion and the community is satisfied because the opinions they value most are displayed prominently
      And why does anyone have the right to decide the "value" of an opinion that someone wishes to share?

All opinions should be valued equally in my book. Yes, sometimes the wording of a post should be rethought so as to make it less offensive or hostile. But the opinion itself, the idea that a person wishes to get across, is equally as valuable an any other.

......otherwise people will just make lots of accounts, start hacker attacks against gateworld, etc
      Right.....because that wouldn't be a waste of valuable time.

Like time you could spend reading many books or acquiring new skills...

....so many posters here have such a overvalued self righteous opinion - especially the long time poster with thousands of posts....think of all the books you could have read, the skills you could have acquired....really amazing

Yes. It is amazing.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi all!

I've posted the second draft and kicked off a new thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62261

Please continue there, but let's keep the conversation as specific as possible to what is actually in that draft. Thanks!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
        X