This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's gonna be the new boss?

Since we have the incorrect report of RC being cast as the lead, who do you think will be cast as the lead in SGU?

Now, this is for speculation only. No bashing, no dismissals, talk and discuss and speculate...and who knows, you might be right
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

What about Jonathan Frakes, he worked great as Will Riker in Star Trek TNG?

Comment

I think it will an uneasy alliance between the two them until they hear from Earth. But it also depends on who was in charge of the secret base.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
        I think it will an uneasy alliance between the two them until they hear from Earth. But it also depends on who was in charge of the secret base.
        Well from the sounds of it the Colonel is in command of the base (though he'd rather be back on earth) RC's character sounds unscrupulous and manipulative and is cunningly going to try and take control once they are aboard Destiny.

As for an actor, I have no idea. Most of the people who have been suggested are already in shows. I'm going to be patriotic and say Dominic Purcell as I think Prison Break is ending.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
          and ideally they'll want an actor who is capable of playing off RC...

I think Christopher Eccleston would be a good choice in that regard, however having quit Doctor Who after one year for fear of being typecast I don't think he would be interested.... that and having two Brits in the cast is asking a bit much probably
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I just curious about the well-known lead comment they made. Are they still after a well known lead? Or are they content with having RC as the big name cast member?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I just curious about the well-known lead comment they made. Are they still after a well known lead? Or are they content with having RC as the big name cast member?
              There are a few people who don't have a clue of who Robert Carlyle is, so TPTB may still be looking for another bigger name member to add to the cast.
              They've only got a finite amount of money to spend, so I don't think it would be an A list actor.
              Perhaps someone from a big international TV show, who hasn't been in sci-fi before or at least someone who's crossed the genres a few times, unfortunately no-one comes to my mind who fits the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                There are a few people who don't have a clue of who Robert Carlyle is, so TPTB may still be looking for another bigger name member to add to the cast.
                They've only got a finite amount of money to spend, so I don't think it would be an A list actor.
                Perhaps someone from a big international TV show, who hasn't been in sci-fi before or at least someone who's crossed the genres a few times, unfortunately no-one comes to my mind who fits the latter.
                I can't see them getting a bigger name than him to be honest, I'm surprised they've got him at all.

Comment

There are a lot of people that don't know who Robert Carlyle is, me amongst them. The only movie he's been in that i've seen is Eragon, and i really can't place him

It's possible that he agreed to do it knowing htat it's 'part time'. Series regular (if he was cast as one) doesn't necessarily mean 'in every episode'...it means in the opening credits. IIRC, Teryl was a series regular in season six, yet wasn't in every eps

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    There are a lot of people that don't know who Robert Carlyle is, me amongst them. The only movie he's been in that i've seen is Eragon, and i really can't place him

It's possible that he agreed to do it knowing htat it's 'part time'. Series regular (if he was cast as one) doesn't necessarily mean 'in every episode'...it means in the opening credits. IIRC, Teryl was a series regular in season six, yet wasn't in every eps
                    are you sure? she didn't appear in the opening credits
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i thought she did, however i could certainly be mistaken

Was don in the credits? Because i know he wasn't in each and every eps

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i thought she did, however i could certainly be mistaken

Was don in the credits? Because i know he wasn't in each and every eps
                        yup. RDA, AT, CJ, CN and DSD
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

just like amanda in SGA, being a regular and being in the opening credits doesn't necessarily mean you're 'front and center' in the show

so carlisle may just be in it now and then

sigpic

Comment

As far as we know, he's not a regular anyway is he?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              As far as we know, he's not a regular anyway is he?
                              It kind of sounded like he would be, at least to me.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X