No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know if there are re-runs of Hamish Macbeth in the UK at the moment?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
      does anyone know if there are re-runs of Hamish Macbeth in the UK at the moment?
      *goes off to check my DigiGuide*

Oh....here we go..there is but on at ridiculous times (I must get myself a Sky Plus box) but here they are:

31.12.08 on BBC 4 at 01.35 the cult of Hamish Macbeth followed by an episode at 02.05.

Then there are episodes every week day and Saturday starting on 5.01.09 at 08.00 and 14.00 on a channel I've never heard of called Alibi (132).
      sigpic

Comment

Flyby post -

Robert Carlyle was wonderful in The Full Monty. A clever, delightful actor. I would dearly love to see him as the next Dr Who, mayhaps. 'T'woudst be perfect casting, to my mind.
        As for SG-EW - since TPTB are totally hell-bent on destroying the Stargate franchise - the decision to cast RC as some Lost In Space-style Machiavellian scientist alongside a bunch of 90210 jock/bimbo wannabes is just another nail in the franchise coffin.
        Suits my agenda since They tossed SGA aside for the new puppy for Xmas.
        Not knocking RC - he should be signing up for something less fragile and more career-enhancing than Stargate as it stands today.
        Go, Robert Carlyle!
        And I do mean 'Go!'
        Get the eff out, babe, while the getting's good!
        Oh, do feel free to PM me, RC!
        No-one else need apply.
        Last edited by Strey; 18 December 2008, 12:31 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
          *goes off to check my DigiGuide*

Oh....here we go..there is but on at ridiculous times (I must get myself a Sky Plus box) but here they are:

31.12.08 on BBC 4 at 01.35 the cult of Hamish Macbeth followed by an episode at 02.05.

Then there are episodes every week day and Saturday starting on 5.01.09 at 08.00 and 14.00 on a channel I've never heard of called Alibi (132).
          awesome!!! I have sky plus yay i can rewatch hamish and rc goodness

Comment

RC as the bad guy i The World is Not Enough

Comment

As James the first....i love the beard

Comment

I'm still bubbling over with excitement about this

sigpic

Comment

i love this one

Comment

Robert Carlyle is Next Stargate Leader...

Discuss your thoughts on the character here. Both praise and critiques of the character are welcome.

sigpic

Comment

Were there any casting sides for this character?

Comment

Hmmmm....not that I know of.

He was kind of a random character they threw at us after releasing the initial casting sides.

I think the first I ever even heard of him was on JM's blog. Maybe he's said something. I can check. Save you the aggravation of having to read JM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                          Me too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                            Its going to be really weird as i watched him in hamish mcbeth when i was growing up, when he looked like this
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ishMacbeth.jpg
                            which is so adorable!
                            I remember watching Hamish MacBeth with my mom when I was younger.

Hmmm, what do they say about fine wines... they get better with age? I certainly have my fingers crossed that this is the case
                            Spoilers For Brainstorm below

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Shipper of the AWESOMENESS that is McKeller!

Dr. Rodney McKay... he does a body good!

Comment

There's a video interview with RC on the BAFTA website.

The BAFTA Award-winning actor talks to writer Quentin Falk about his range of film roles, from working with Ken Loach to Trainspotting and The Full Monty.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh Lahela!!! What a stroke of genius! well less stroke more genius XD
                                I knew I'd absolutely love Universe the moment they said Rob Carlyle was in it...he's soooooooo awesome!
                                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                                X