Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks,

The RC fansite at http://members.tripod.com/Plockton/ has come into my possession because the previous owner doesn't have time to update it any more (it has been idle for quite some time) and I will be updating and relaunching the site within the next couple of months. If any of you has any suggestions/requests for content, contributions of pictures/video/audio etc feel free to PM me

*hugs*
    sigpic

Comment

YAY!!! Oh we need to create some walls and banners and stuff
      Oh and there needs to be some pics from my Eragon & Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing & Charm School (my fave of his)
      "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
      "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
      Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

For anyone in the UK:

RC will appear in a show called Zig Zag Love tonight at 9pm on BBC1 (Scotland), BBC HD everywhere else. More info here
        sigpic

Comment

coolz, i just found out this thread while i was lurking aroung ... i like Robert, the first movie i watched with him was 'The Full Monty' it is soo cool i love this movie i even remember in the time when they broadcast the movie here my mom bought a vhs tape lol ... but i think he will be a great actor in SGU !

Originally Posted by chocolate_muffin
          Personally, I can't wait till the promo clips and pics
          My expectations just keep rising...
          Indeed. i can't wait to see all the new look that the new serie is taking...
          sigpic

Comment

Pic from the SyFy name-change thing on Monday, snurched from Morjana's blog

sigpic

Comment

Oh yay!! first pic of what he'll look like (or similar)
              "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
              Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

He's going to be really good in Universe. Its made even better because it really annoyed Russell T Davies that Stargate got and Dr Who didn't *chuckles*
                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

After reading the interview linked on the GW front page, I'm even more glad that Stargate won that battle As much as I love Doctor Who, I just don't see it stretching the actors all that much - it's a bit too cheerful and uncomplicated, if that makes sense. RC needs a role he can sink his teeth into
                  sigpic

Comment

Just in case someone here hasn't seen it yet... the first cast shot

Click for slightly bigger

I'm seriously bouncing around the room waiting to see RC in the teaser in a few hours!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      Just in case someone here hasn't seen it yet... the first cast shot

Click for slightly bigger

I'm seriously bouncing around the room waiting to see RC in the teaser in a few hours!
                      teeny pic awesome!
                      teaser!? when?! where?!

Comment

i see the teaser and Carlyle rocks, this man is good.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          For anyone in the UK:

RC will appear in a show called Zig Zag Love tonight at 9pm on BBC1 (Scotland), BBC HD everywhere else. More info here
                          Oh thanks for that. Thank God for the BBC iPlayer.

Originally posted by marli View Post
                          i see the teaser and Carlyle rocks, this man is good.
                          Yes just caught it myself and yes he is He always adds something good to everything he's in.

And I really want this show to be good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... I'm sure I posted here earlier today... Wonder if I got modded for mentioning the teaser... all I said was he looked great *shrugs*

Anyway, there's a slightly longer version of that article mentioned on the GW front page here.

The extra couple of paragraphs deal more with his decision to take the role (spoilered just in case):
                            Spoiler:
                            As for the idea of doing a series which could potentially run for… well, who knows for how long when you're talking about Stargate? The better part of a decade? Carlyle says that he's spent most of his career doing "gritty, hard-hitting stuff" and he thinks the time has come to make a change.

"A point came about a year ago where I thought, 'I've kinda had it. I've kinda done that,'" he says. "'I need something different to keep this process new.' And I went to Los Angeles and spoke to some television companies, some stuff was offered to me, and this was the one that I liked the best. And to be honest, if you had told me that before, I'd have said you're crazy. Because it's not a world that I'd have thought I could inhabit. But [it was] suddenly a drama opening up in space, [and] in the past that was something that was slightly missing from the genre."
                            sigpic

Comment

Oops! Forgot to mention, there's a huuuuuuuuuuge version of the cast pic here
                              sigpic

Comment

*clicks link* ........OOOO YAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X