No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was very happy to read a comment by Mallozzi the other day that RC will be a series regular
    sigpic

Comment

If anybody is longing to hear RC's lovely accent, there is a podcast on the BBC website of him reading a Burns poem. I can't get the "play" to work (because I'm outside the UK) but the "download" link works
      sigpic

Comment

hehe I LOVE the scottish accent...specially his XD
        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

From Mallozzi's blog today:

Finally, late yesterday, Robert Carlyle delivered a performance in a
          key scene that was so outstanding it blew the doors off Stage 3 - and
          the entire crew away! “Masterful” would be one word to describe it.
          “Extraordinary” would be another. But I prefer to simply go with “Wow!”.
          sigpic

Comment

Well well...are we all surprised? I think not...just impatient to see him in the role XD This thread is gonna be uber busy once SGU airs *pun intended*
            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

LOL! Of course we aren't surprised
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, I can't wait till the promo clips and pics
                My expectations just keep rising...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
                  Mine too

I was so disappointed when Mallozzi said the studio had prohibited behind the scenes pics until airing Still, I'm sure they'll be worth the wait
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
                    Mine three they better not take too long

Comment

I know this is being discussed in the RC accent thread in the Universe folder, but I though it worth posting here too...

From Joe Mallozzi's blog:
                      TrueCat writes: “You mentioned yesterday that Mr Carlyle will be using a Scottish accent for Rush. As a very long time fan of Robert Carlyle’s this gets two VERY big thumbs up.

But will it be a softened accent for American viewers like Beckett’s in Atlantis or will it be a proper Scottish accent like Mr Carlyle’s own Glaswegian accent he used in his old BBC series Hamish Macbeth?”

Answer: How’s this for amazing? According to Rob Cooper, Robert Carlyle offered up a choice of a good half dozen variations of his Scottish accent, effortlessly flowing in and out of each impeccable delivery. I’m not sure exactly which version they decided on but, having watched the dailies, I would the accent as “definitely Scottish”.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope it's somewhat closer to his own accent...not exactly like Carson

Comment

*drop kicks thread back to page 1*

Comment

Mallozzi says the first SGA images will be released this month... can't wait to see RC as Rush
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              Mallozzi says the first SGA images will be released this month... can't wait to see RC as Rush
                              Awesomeness! Can't wait!
                              sigpic

Comment

oh wow! yay! *taps foot impatiently*

Comment

Working...
                                X