Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Universe - Hollywood Reporter: Robert Carlyle is next 'Stargate' leader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Universe - Hollywood Reporter: Robert Carlyle is next 'Stargate' leader

At The Hollywood Reporter:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Robert Carlyle is next 'Stargate' leader

Actor cast in third installment of the Sci Fi franchise

By Nellie Andreeva

Dec 15, 2008, 01:00 AM ET

"SGU," the third installment in the cable channel's "Stargate" franchise, hails from "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, who will write and executive produce the new series.

Sci Fi Channel is expected to give the MGM TV-produced "SGU" a 20-episode order.

Production on the series is slated to begin in February in Vancouver. It is targeted to launch in the summer with a two-hour premiere.

**snippage**
    Awsome, I'm excited
    62.96%
    I dunno, not too crazy about it
    11.64%
    Whatever, who is RC?
    25.40%
    Last edited by morjana; 14 December 2008, 10:13 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I have to admit I don't know much of his work, but he was terrific in that 24 movie.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Wow, so sudden. Heh. Just, like, no news for a while and then BAM, here's you lead! Crazy.

I have no idea who Robert Carlyle is, nor have I seen anything he's in, but I hope he's good!

EDIT1: Oh wait, he plays Dr. Rush? ...YES. That's even better than him playing Young. Rush is supposed to be a handfull or something.

EDIT2: Woah woah woah...there's a lot more stuff here than just the name of a lead.

Comment

The World Is Not Enough? 28 Weeks Later?

Seriously impressed by this, massive coup getting him as lead IMO.

Comment

Since I don't know Carlyle, I'll focus on this:

Described as edgier, darker and younger-skewing than its predecessors, "SGU" follows a group of soldiers, scientists and civilians left to fend for themselves when forced through a Stargate after their hidden base comes under attack. The survivors, who emerge aboard an ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space, are led by Dr. David Rush (Carlyle), who works to unlock the ship's mysteries and return the group home but also might have ulterior motives.
          Ha! I knew there'd be a good reason why this bunch of misfits ends up on the ship as opposed to some elite SG team. I guess that ends that complaint!

Ulterior motives are delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The World Is Not Enough? 28 Weeks Later?

Seriously impressed by this, massive coup getting him as lead IMO.
            The Full Monty was the first movie I saw with Robert Carlyle in it.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              EDIT2: Woah woah woah...there's a lot more stuff here than just the name of a lead.
              Yes, I know, but we're not allowed to post a whole article here on GateWorld.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh, I was just making a general observation; I know about the plagerizing thing.

Thanks for the article!

Comment

"We are very excited about having an actor of this caliber, around which we can build a strong, character-based series," said series creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper in an exclusive statement. "Robert Carlyle will engage a broad audience and we hope to deliver a show that demonstrates to new viewers that the loyalty of longtime fans of the Stargate franchise has been well-deserved."
                  http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/robert-carlyle.html

Comment

Anyone think this might be a mistake and he's actually playing Young?

Comment

Interesting, Robert Carlyle just gave an interview to the Glasgow Sunday Mail yesterday.

The article mentions:

Family man Bobby, who lives in Glasgow, now structures his career around his children Ava, six, four year-old Harvey and Pearce, two.

He has turned down film offers because they were not able to go.

Bobby said: "I've made 10 movies in Eastern Europe but I've turned down offers over the past couple of years because it is difficult to take the children.

"The infrastructure just isn't there. I'm more likely to end up in America. It's easier for the kids. I don't know about living there fulltime.

There are no plans just now.

"My career's here. I'm very much a British actor."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Cool, Mr Carlyle is quite a coup. Assuming it all pans out...

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          Interesting, Robert Carlyle just gave an interview to the Glasgow Sunday Mail yesterday.

The article mentions:

Family man Bobby, who lives in Glasgow, now structures his career around his children Ava, six, four year-old Harvey and Pearce, two.

He has turned down film offers because they were not able to go.

Bobby said: "I've made 10 movies in Eastern Europe but I've turned down offers over the past couple of years because it is difficult to take the children.

"The infrastructure just isn't there. I'm more likely to end up in America. It's easier for the kids. I don't know about living there fulltime.

There are no plans just now.

"My career's here. I'm very much a British actor."

That's odd...

Well, Joe M now knows that we know about it, so hopefully he'll say something on that.

Comment

Interesting.... quite a shock if its true...

And finally a Brit in the Main Cast of a SG series (I just hope he gets to be British )
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Ok.......i'm confused is he the rush guy or Everett Young?
                              Tst

Comment

Working...
                              X