Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: Actors you'd like to see in Universe

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarIII View Post

yup

hopefully this will be merged with the casting suggestions thread, so it doesn't really matter where i post this but from very early on i said i would like to see locke from lost in SGU, and he would be perfect for the colonel guy
    Oh, HELL YEAH, dude! Terry O'Quinn is a genius. He is one of the main characters in one of my favorite shows ever (that was also cancelled way too early): Millennium! I only bothered to watch Lost when I found out he was in it. Good call!!! Oh, and thanks for the smiley!

~mh777

Default Re: Universe Casting Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Boon View Post
    with any luck it will get canned...
    sounds pretty lame...
    Lame? I'm guessing you're too young to be familiar with Moonlighting - I'm really looking foward to it - from what I understand it's going to be more drama and less humour - but I loved the whole Moonlighting dynamic - the love hate relationship going on, the sexual tension - and Nathan Fillion has just what it takes to pull off just the right amount of humour.

That said, - having used Moonlighting as an example - I enjoyed the show but it definitely had it's bad spots - and was a little TOO over the top, and too repetitive. When I first heard about Castle I wondered how they were going to make a "witty drama" work - just sounded weird, but when I heard the Moonlighting reference it opened up a whole world of possibilities. Two main characters who are attracted to each other but not admitting it - a guy who on the outside is a bit of a pig, but when you see what's underneath you know he's really not like that at all. I figure that his teenage daughter will be a fairly prominent character, so it's about who Richard Castle is as much as it is about a police/crime solving show, I figure we'll be seeing a fair bit of him outside of "work". I love shows about character - and I'm sure this is going to be that, and I love humour (one of the reasons I adore Stargate) and as far as actors who do it well, Nathan Fillion is way up there at the top of the list.

Don't write it off, check it out and if you decide after a few eps that you don't like it - fine, come back and tell me you told me so - but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    Last edited by Tal; September 25th, 2008 at 05:55 AM.

Probie

Default No Alien Character?

I just finished listening to the latest podcast, and in it they said there was no announced alien character in Universe. Personally, I think this is a mistake. Humans are boring. It is always interesting to see different alien cultures and mannerisms that comes about because of that. Kind of like Spok in Star Trek. Often, his culture clashed with basic human ideals that we don't even think about normally.

So I was thinking, what about an Ancient as part of the cast? Someone found in a chriochamber perhaps? Or, even better, an Ancient AI controlling the ship. Not really a good guy or bad guy, but someone who would A) tie in the story to the Ancients and B) be a very interesting character to develop in a sort of "quest for humanity" mixed with "complete the mission at any cost" sort way. As in "accidentally" abandons a few people as a way to seed life in these galaxies from time to time. think of HAL miked with Data.

So what do you think? And what are some other suggestions for the alien team member?

Default my universe characters

Here is a list of Universe characters I would like to see, what do you think and who would you like to see?

Col. Everett Young - mid 20s officer with a smart mind and quick to act. Hasn't seen much action but has proven himself time and time again. Always puts his team first and won't give an order unless he is willing to do it himself. Although he is the team leader and commanding officer, he is inexperienced and looks towards Lt. Pete Walchuk for experience and guidance.

Lt. Pete Walchuk - Mid 30s, experienced officer who has seen much action and is a battle hardened warrior and seasoned veteran. He has been held back due to insubordination and refusing to follow orders, by not leading his men on a suicide mission into a Goa'uld ambush. As punishment he has been forced to take the missions nobody else wants, babysitting the new kids.

Airman Fred Kawalsky - Mid 20s son of the late Maj. Charles Kawalsky, Fred joined the air force shortly after his father's death and was assigned to the SGC out of respect. He has worked as an airman in the SGC for over 5 years but has not recieved a promotion or commendation. Having a family full of veteran military officers, he is compelled to serve and continue the tradition. During the embarkation of the SGU team, he is stationed in the Gate Room, and sprints up the ramp and jumps through the gate before the wormhole closes. Wanting to see some action and live up to the family name, he is kept in lockup onboard the Destiny, unless in dire needs he is called upon.

Sgt. Michelle Goodchild - late 20s/early 30s. Brand new to the air force straight out of training. Top marks in everything from mathmatics and chemistry to hand-hand combat and marksmanship. Came from a background as a police officer. Always looking for bigger and better things. Hasn't faced a challenge she couldn't overcome. She has taken on many criminals but is she prepared to take on aliens?

Veronica (lastname) - early 20s very beautiful daughter of high ranking politician. Has been thrown out of all 8 ivy league schools, but not for lack of intelligence. Very well educated and extremely smart in politics, possibly from following her father around as a child. Is a wild party girl and doesn't want to change. After dissapointing her father, yet again, by being thrown out of another school. He is hoping she will follow in his footsteps, so he arranges for her to go to the SGC and get a better picture of the world around her. But shortly before she is to leave, he suffers a traumatic death, which she must cope with while she tries to fullfil his dreams of her.

Jennifer Chu - Asian mid twenties, Former SG-6 medical officer. Grew up in the slums of asia, family moved to Canada when she was 12. Wanted to be a doctor but couldn't afford the schooling. Joined the air force, and became a field medic as a way to learn medicine and pay for school. Not a full fledged doctor but the closest the team has. She is very strong willed and incredibly smart.

Lt. "Psycho" - mid 20s. transferred to the SGC from the Marine Corps. He is big, strong and loud. Has trouble controlling his anger, which has gotten him in trouble in the past. Weapons and demolitions expert, who carries enough weapons for a platoon, and explosives to destroy a city block. Has a tough exterior but is a very soft caring person underneath, and is willing to jump infront of a bullet to save his friends.

Airman

Default Re: my universe characters

That not to bad but one problem i see is the Col. Everett Young part.
    Im sure to get Col. you would have to see lots of action to get up to the rank of the Col.

Quote Originally Posted by quade_1 View Post
    here is a list of universe characters i would like to see, what do you think and who would you like to see?

col. Everett young - mid 20s officer with a smart mind and quick to act. Hasn't seen much action but has proven himself time and time again. Always puts his team first and won't give an order unless he is willing to do it himself. Although he is the team leader and commanding officer, he is inexperienced and looks towards lt. Pete walchuk for experience and guidance.

lt. Pete walchuk - mid 30s, experienced officer who has seen much action and is a battle hardened warrior and seasoned veteran. He has been held back due to insubordination and refusing to follow orders, by not leading his men on a suicide mission into a goa'uld ambush. As punishment he has been forced to take the missions nobody else wants, babysitting the new kids.

airman fred kawalsky - mid 20s son of the late maj. Charles kawalsky, fred joined the air force shortly after his father's death and was assigned to the sgc out of respect. He has worked as an airman in the sgc for over 5 years but has not recieved a promotion or commendation. Having a family full of veteran military officers, he is compelled to serve and continue the tradition. During the embarkation of the sgu team, he is stationed in the gate room, and sprints up the ramp and jumps through the gate before the wormhole closes. Wanting to see some action and live up to the family name, he is kept in lockup onboard the destiny, unless in dire needs he is called upon.

sgt. Michelle goodchild - late 20s/early 30s. Brand new to the air force straight out of training. Top marks in everything from mathmatics and chemistry to hand-hand combat and marksmanship. Came from a background as a police officer. Always looking for bigger and better things. Hasn't faced a challenge she couldn't overcome. She has taken on many criminals but is she prepared to take on aliens?

veronica (lastname) - early 20s very beautiful daughter of high ranking politician. Has been thrown out of all 8 ivy league schools, but not for lack of intelligence. Very well educated and extremely smart in politics, possibly from following her father around as a child. Is a wild party girl and doesn't want to change. After dissapointing her father, yet again, by being thrown out of another school. He is hoping she will follow in his footsteps, so he arranges for her to go to the sgc and get a better picture of the world around her. But shortly before she is to leave, he suffers a traumatic death, which she must cope with while she tries to fullfil his dreams of her.

jennifer chu - asian mid twenties, former sg-6 medical officer. Grew up in the slums of asia, family moved to canada when she was 12. Wanted to be a doctor but couldn't afford the schooling. Joined the air force, and became a field medic as a way to learn medicine and pay for school. Not a full fledged doctor but the closest the team has. She is very strong willed and incredibly smart.

lt. "psycho" - mid 20s. Transferred to the sgc from the marine corps. He is big, strong and loud. Has trouble controlling his anger, which has gotten him in trouble in the past. Weapons and demolitions expert, who carries enough weapons for a platoon, and explosives to destroy a city block. Has a tough exterior but is a very soft caring person underneath, and is willing to jump infront of a bullet to save his friends.
    not bad

I would so love to see a Kawalsky on SGU! I liked Kawalsky in every ep they brought him back in even though I knew he was penned in to die. I don't know if they ever mentioned a family so it is entirely possible for him to have a son in his 20s.

I also like the idea of having a Lt being older then the lead male (I wouldn't mind a lead female by the way). Even though Anderson is older than Judge Teal'c was older than O'Neall and was a voice of experience in many situations.

And is it just me or is anyone else thinking of Sergeant Rico Velasquez from the PS2 game Killzone when they read Psycho's discrip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tal View Post
    Lame? I'm guessing you're too young to be familiar with Moonlighting - .... !
    far, FAR too young...

anyhoo, if Mr Fillion is otherwise engaged, get this guy. He rocks.

Oded Fehr

He's done plenty of work, and he's consistantly good in everything I've seen him in. I don't know if anyone has seen it or not but the show 'UC : undercover' wasn't half bad. mainlky his part in it but n the whole, not bad. at least as i remember it anyways...

If you're gonna have Kawalski's son, you gotta have Ferretti's daughter. I think I could live with that arrangement.

I'm a fan of the Heritage series by Ian Douglas (well, at least three separate trilogies now) and even though they take place over a span of hundreds of years you still occasionally see a familiar name pop up- the daughter/great-grandson/great-great uncle/whatever of some of the original characters. Or even characters from some of the latter books. It's always fun to see those names, particularly when the latest bearer is nothing like the original character (that's a hint, PTB).

Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    And is it just me or is anyone else thinking of Sergeant Rico Velasquez from the PS2 game Killzone when they read Psycho's discrip?
    Neg, I thought of Michael "Psycho" Sykes from Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

ps, Killzone sucked ;o

What's the O'neill clone doing these days...?

my sgu team

Clone O'Neill
    Rya'c
    Cassandra
    Hayley

lol
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

my sgu team
    Clone O'Neill
    Rya'c
    Cassandra
    Hayley
    lol
    Good idea! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Neg, I thought of Michael "Psycho" Sykes from Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

ps, Killzone sucked ;o
    Killzone had glitches and poor AI but it was a decent game. It could have been longer. But the voice acting is one of my favorite among games.

my sgu team

Clone O'Neill
    Rya'c
    Cassandra
    Hayley

lol
    I would like to see Rya'c again, maybe in the next SG1 movie. And who was Hayley again?

BI BI BO, Jon Jon,O'Neill's clone,McKay's long lost child,Miss Piggy and Rampo's mutch younger brother.
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    Killzone had glitches and poor AI but it was a decent game. It could have been longer. But the voice acting is one of my favorite among games.

I would like to see Rya'c again, maybe in the next SG1 movie. And who was Hayley again?
    Hailey is the super smart girl everybody compared to a "young carter". She was in the episode when Carter took her to the moon with the little yellow glowy bugs. Also she was in the one with the junior SG team that was training when they faked a foothold situation and they had to recapture the SGC. She was OK i guess, but i wasn't a fan....and she is probably in her 30s by now.

Ya a 20 year old Colonel would be young but it wouldn't be unheard of. I mean when u enlist in the airforce as a fighter pilot you start off as a captain so your only 2 steps away, a couple good dogfights and confirmed kills and your already looking at Major. Maybe his first action he saw was in the antarctic, and unlike some pilots *cough* he didn't get shot down, and was promoted.
    Or he could even be a Major if that makes it more believable, Maj. Kawalsky lead an SG team. I just figured Col would be more familar to fans.
    Last edited by quade_1; September 27th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Probie

Earth Symbol Re: Universe Casting Ideas

I was thinking Val Kilmer or Laurence Fishburne as Col. Everett Young

Liza Lapira from NCIS and the movie 21 or Camille Guaty from The Nine as Capt. Tamara John

Erin Chambers or Nadia Bjorlin as Chloe Carpenter

I would like to see Erin and Nadia both in the show maybe Nadia as an Alien in the show and Erin as Chloe.

DJ Qualls or Adam Brody as Eli Hitchcock

Kevin Alejandro as Ron Psycho Stasiak

Benjamin McKenzie or Jason Dohring as Lt. Jared Nash

So I'm trying to make up for lost time So sorry for the long post. Here are all the actors I'd like to see and the parts i would like to see them in in order of favorite to least. Some actors could be good for a few parts. So if you see an actor more then once, it's on purpose.

Colonel Everett Young
    40's leader. STAR NAMES ONLY.

Lou Diamond Phillips

Date of Birth:

17 February1962

Michael Biehn

Date of Birth:

31 July1956

Keith Hamilton Cobb

Date of Birth:

28 January1962,
    James Marsters

Date of Birth:

20 August1962
    Sticky Fingaz

Date of Birth:

3 November1973,
    Neil Jackson

Date of Birth:

5 March1976
    Rob Stewart

Date of Birth:

23 July1961
    Noah Danby

Date of Birth: too young

24 April1974

Honestly...I want a black guy in charge.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
    Honestly...I want a black guy in charge.
    A black woman would be even better.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast