The Ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ending.

This is just my opinion, but when Tod and Shepperd were talking to each other at the end of this episode, don't you think it would habe been a whole lot better if they shook hands?
    I just feel that it would add a lot more meaning. Mainly because Tod cannot feed and it would have been safer.

Just my opinion though, for me it would have finished this ep up nicely.

Yes, and definitely a hug and a big smooch to go with that, too.

Without those two things, no.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I was actually sort of hoping they would shake hands at the time also.

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus91 View Post
        This is just my opinion, but when Tod and Shepperd were talking to each other at the end of this episode, don't you think it would have been a whole lot better if they shook hands?
        I just feel that it would add a lot more meaning. Mainly because Tod cannot feed and it would have been safer.

Just my opinion though, for me it would have finished this ep up nicely.
        It probably would have been a nice gesture to have them shake hands. My guess is that it may take some time for Sheppard and the rest of the humans to get use to the fact the Tod no longer requires his hand for nourishment so the day that they actually do shake hands would be a symbolic day that maybe the Humans and Wraith have became friends instead of Hunters and dinner.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I was expecting also.
          I thought it was a really shame to let that opportunity slide.

Comment

Shaking hands would've shown a degree of trust - I don't think Shephard is ready to trust Todd yet & visa versa. Also the manner in which a hand shaked happened may also show where one is better and one is less eg: if someone shakes your hand and puts their on top, it means they are in control, or if they turn the hand from the vertical to the horizontal with their hand on top it is showing control again - all in the little gestures for meaning superior or submissive when it comes to a hand shake. I read this quite a few years ago and have always taken notice on how people shake hands - & it is interesting.

Seven
            I came, I saw, I conquered!
            sigpic
            We are unique! Created unique!
            Sevenofnine

Comment

I don't know, shaking hands is such a human connoted gesture that it would have felt like one more nail in the coffin of Todd's wraithiness. He has already consented to mutilating his feeding hand and sacrificing the only way of life he ever knew, so humanising him even more would have left an even sourer taste in my mouth.

But I see your point, and I would have liked to see an intention of future cooperation from both sides instead of just Todd feeling grateful because Sheppard merely honours a promise and repays a debt. What I would have preferred is a reminder of the ending of "Common Ground", both similar and different:
              Todd: "Next time we meet?"
              Sheppard: "Let's try to avoid past mistakes, okay?" (as opposed to "Common Ground" dry "all bets are off")
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                What I would have preferred is a reminder of the ending of "Common Ground", both similar and different:
                Todd: "Next time we meet?"
                Sheppard: "Let's try to avoid past mistakes, okay?" (as opposed to "Common Ground" dry "all bets are off")
                This would have been an excellent ending in my opinion, but also one implying a degree of trust that Sheppard does not appear to have.
                sigpic

Comment

Where exactly was Todd going at the end of the episode??
                  Last edited by Davey; 28 February 2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X