No announcement yet.

worst season 5 SGA episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there were quite a few weak episodes in the second half of S5, the worst was probably Brain Storm
    sigpic

Comment

The Shrine was just painful in its own right and turned Carter into an imbecile for not remembering she all right knows all about people with precognition just the writer shafting her and Jonas again.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        The Shrine was just painful in its own right and turned Carter into an imbecile for not remembering she all right knows all about people with precognition just the writer shafting her and Jonas again.
        Carter?
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          Carter?
          Oops, that should read "The Seer" and it should be in another thread, as its a Season Four episode.

On topic: Whispers I think was the worst. Only one main character in the entire episode, except for Rodney's cameos. And was a painful attempt at horror.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

"Brain Storm" was the worst for me, but "Search and Rescue", "Whispers" and "The Lost Tribe" were a pure waste of time too.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

I thought brain storm wasn't that bad, at least compared to Inquisition and Identity, both of which I couldn't bring myself to finish watching...
              sigpic

Comment

me too - BS, Tracker, Identity
                sigpic

Comment

Brain Storm was the worst episode of the entire series...

Closely followed by

The Shrine
                  Identity
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    Brain Storm was the worst episode of the entire series...

Closely followed by

The Shrine
                    Identity
                    I think the worst ep of the series was Irresistable, followed by Irresponsible, follwed by Whispers and Inquisition, then Quarantine, then Brianstorm. It's pretty sad that more than a couple of the worst eps for me fell in the last season. Season 5 also had some of the best eps of the series, imo.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                      What else is new.
                      I bought vegetables really cheap today!

Cough. Topic, anyway.

#3: Whispers. I mean, come on. Enough with the Zombies.
                      #2: Inquisition. Must have been the most boring clip show ever done on Stargate. Uninspired drivel.
                      and the big winner is.... #1! Ghost in the Machine, or: How to write an episode centred around a character whose actress refuses to come back and spend something like 5 minutes of it (which sounds a little til you remember it's more than 10% of the entire episode!) on exposition delivered in one of the dullest ways possible, including very long times where we just see audio lines jump on a computer screen. I mean, really. The thing was botched from the beginning due to TH's refusl to come back and they should have dropped it then and there, but if they still go through with that, for the love of God, don't do such badly delivered exposition!
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Brain Storm was the worst episode ever for me. Even though, unfortunatelly, there were lots of other bad episodes this season (Tracker, Identity, Infection, Whispers, Inquisition....), BS is the absolutely worst one, not only of this season, but overall.

Comment

For me, the worst episodes of season 5 are :

The Shrine
                          Outsiders
                          Inquisition
                          Brain Storm

Scenarii were a little weak. And as much as I like McKay and Keller, their relationship is kind of weird to me and take too much place in this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            I think the worst ep of the series was Irresistable, followed by Irresponsible, follwed by Whispers and Inquisition, then Quarantine, then Brianstorm. It's pretty sad that more than a couple of the worst eps for me fell in the last season. Season 5 also had some of the best eps of the series, imo.
                            I liked irrresistable...and Irresponsible ... Whispers had a few good moments, same with Quarantine...

But Brain Storm had NO redeeming qualities for me.. I had to force myself to watch and there wasnt one moment of it that I enjoyed... while even though I would say there were definitley some Meh eps in season 3 and 4... I never wanted to switch off and they still had some good moments in them..

But I agree that as much as season 5 had many awful eps it also had some of the best eps of the series.. at least for me.... In fact I find it amazing that the ptb could dish out such good eps and then a week later such utter tripe..

The best thing about SGA is the team and their interaction and when this is applied the results are usually pretty good... but the ptb have ignored the team this season...JM can spout all he likes about how many team eps there have been this season.. I disagree totally with his perception of team....there is no team feel this season.. they may share screentime but that's about it... I can hardly even think of the last time Ronon and Teyla interacted... or John and Teyla.. or any of them.... too many characters this season and no focus on any of the team... except for the stupid love triangle and McKeller.... other than too much flitting from one character to another without any consistancy or development.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              Whispers, there's no contest. Happens to be the worst episode ever.
                              I totally agree. I happened to watch it with people who had never before seen a Stargate episode and they kept giving me these looks and wondering why I waste my time watching such c***. I admit I was thinking the same thing...
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Whipsers, Inquistion, Brainstorm and Identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X