Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default Re: worst season 5 SGA episode

Brain Storm was the worst episode ever for me. Even though, unfortunatelly, there were lots of other bad episodes this season (Tracker, Identity, Infection, Whispers, Inquisition....), BS is the absolutely worst one, not only of this season, but overall.

For me, the worst episodes of season 5 are :

The Shrine
    Outsiders
    Inquisition
    Brain Storm

Scenarii were a little weak. And as much as I like McKay and Keller, their relationship is kind of weird to me and take too much place in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I think the worst ep of the series was Irresistable, followed by Irresponsible, follwed by Whispers and Inquisition, then Quarantine, then Brianstorm. It's pretty sad that more than a couple of the worst eps for me fell in the last season. Season 5 also had some of the best eps of the series, imo.
    I liked irrresistable...and Irresponsible ... Whispers had a few good moments, same with Quarantine...

But Brain Storm had NO redeeming qualities for me.. I had to force myself to watch and there wasnt one moment of it that I enjoyed... while even though I would say there were definitley some Meh eps in season 3 and 4... I never wanted to switch off and they still had some good moments in them..

But I agree that as much as season 5 had many awful eps it also had some of the best eps of the series.. at least for me.... In fact I find it amazing that the ptb could dish out such good eps and then a week later such utter tripe..

The best thing about SGA is the team and their interaction and when this is applied the results are usually pretty good... but the ptb have ignored the team this season...JM can spout all he likes about how many team eps there have been this season.. I disagree totally with his perception of team....there is no team feel this season.. they may share screentime but that's about it... I can hardly even think of the last time Ronon and Teyla interacted... or John and Teyla.. or any of them.... too many characters this season and no focus on any of the team... except for the stupid love triangle and McKeller.... other than too much flitting from one character to another without any consistancy or development.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Whispers, there's no contest. Happens to be the worst episode ever.
    I totally agree. I happened to watch it with people who had never before seen a Stargate episode and they kept giving me these looks and wondering why I waste my time watching such c***. I admit I was thinking the same thing...

Staff Sergeant

Whipsers, Inquistion, Brainstorm and Identity.

Second Lieutenant supersoldier34's Avatar

Brain Storm
    The Seed
    Infection
    Identity

I know there are more, but I think I blocked them from my mind.
    supersoldier34

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I think the worst ep of the series was Irresistable, followed by Irresponsible, follwed by Whispers and Inquisition, then Quarantine, then Brianstorm.
    I actually don't think Irresistable is the worst episode. The concept and subtext was bad, bad, bad but the acting by the main cast was great. Torri, Paul, and Joe kept me watching that one, and I loved seeing Rachel and Jason smile a lot!!

Andromeda Galaxy, waiting for Earth to gate in

did people actually like broken ties?!?!
    SGU =Awesome!!!
    Hope it stays as good...

McKay Re: worst season 5 SGA episode

Without a doubt for me, it's 'Brain Storm'.

Quote Originally Posted by col aga View Post
    I totally agree. I happened to watch it with people who had never before seen a Stargate episode and they kept giving me these looks and wondering why I waste my time watching such c***. I admit I was thinking the same thing...
    LoL, yeah. Same for me and my father - actually, I told him about SGU after he watched Whispers and the collective conclusion was that we'd give Universe a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Galaxy View Post
    did people actually like broken ties?!?!
    No, it's just that it was actually watchable, unlike some of the other stuff in the past couple of years
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

First Lieutenant

For me, I think the worst episode this season was The Shrine, followed by Inquisition.

Whispers. Sweet Heavens! Whispers. I enjoyed the clip show more than Whispers.
    They wrapped up the Michael storyline wonderfully with The Prodigal but screwed with the Weir storyline with 'Ghost'. They should have killed her off entirely, unless they think Higginson would be coaxed back for a movie.

Identiy, Tracker, Whispers were pretty weak, but none of them were as bad as Brainstorm, even with Bill Nye and so forth.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Whispers!!! what a ..... crap episode. CRAP ...INDEED
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

Hey remember...you have to give your reasons for not liking the episode IN GREAT DETAIL!

You can't just say it sucked!!!

Clears throat!
    Deep breath...
    here goes...

I am putting The Shrine as my WORST episode for these reasons:

I did not like how it portrayed John, Teyla, Ronon and Jeanie as selfish people who only wanted to say goodbye to their friend in a way that they could all remember. I did not like how Keller turned a blind eye to the fact that Ronon and Teyla KNEW what they were talking about, Yes the shrine in no way was going to save Rodney at all! It wasn't a MAGIC thing. My ire is the fact that if Keller hadn't been so busy being all doe eyed over Rodney's new attitude she could have LISTENED to the natives, taken Rodney there saw what Ronon and Teyla were trying to show them...Rodney would not have had to go through as much as he did, instead of Keller having to be the one to save him.

Keller's whole attitude is why I dislike the episode. I know that this was supposed to be the start of the repulsive McKay/Keller story line but all this did "In my opinion" was to make Keller out to be a bad doctor.

I intensely hated the bit where Keller stated that Rodney would think it was torture to be brought out of his second childhood.. and then when he does say it is torture, it was as if to say "SHE KNOWS HIM BETTER THAN YOU SO THERE" was a slap in the face to his sister and John, Teyla and Ronon.

David's acting was amazing and for me the best parts were the bit were Rodney was running down the hall screaming for John all through the Pier Scene, as well as the part with Jeanie.

All in all I liked about five or six minuets of an episode that I was looking forward to.

The End!

There's that painful detail.
    I can respect your views, but I wholeheartedly disagree with some points.
    >I don't think Keller was a bad doctor, what were the symptoms that would have revealed Rodney's diminished mental faculties? Being nice? For him, that could be a sign of a life-threatening illness, sure.
    >As for the selfishness... They would never be able to talk to him again, and he'd never have the chance to say or do those great 'last words/acts' things some people would like to do at the end. While he and John may have said their goodbyes on the pier, what about Teyla or Ronon or, most importantly, Jeannie? She has more connection with Rodney than anyone, and she deserved the chance to say goodbye and have him able to say goodbye, too. They couldn't save him, the shrine was a way to make him well for a bit and to make sure he had a swift death, good things if you're losing your mind IMO.
    >I DO agree that disregarding the natives' accounts of the shrine was stupid on everyone's part. Most of us, upon hearing of a magical shrine on a former planet of the Ancestors would have sent cloaked jumper after jumper there, or at least a full science team to check it out. They dropped the ball on that one.
    >Also, I wonder what Atlantis is doing now that they've found a potential cure to a disease ravaging the galaxy? Oops, not their problem.

Ok i'll give reasons for the crapyness of "Whispers".
    First , there was not the real Team , but some anknown girls, who looked Lesbians to me. And don't say it's ok! it's understandable, not ok.(and don't open a conversation on that, please.
    2) All that fog wasn't creepy, it was just getting to my nerves.
    3)No Mckay (unbelievable)
    4) No ronon-Teyla-Keler-Woolsey
    5)Beckett was rediculed with that "romance" they tried to imply.
    6)I was starting to like Vega and they killed her.
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

Sadly there were some eps this season I don't really care for.

But the worst for me is Brain Storm. I just don't like the McKeller Story. And most of this ep was about them. Besides, I think the romance wasn't well written at all. I didn't see any chemistry. Not an ep I want to see again.

Probie

There certainly wasn't a shortage of bad SGA this season, but none of it was worse than Brainstorm (yet).

Most of the season, can't decide which is the worst out of them though. They are all as bad as each other.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast