Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your favorite Season 5 character moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your favorite Season 5 character moment?

What was your favorite Season 5 character moment? After watching this season I feel this show has become more character driven, which is good. The plot is still solid and the direction is still there, but the focus has been more on the characters developing and interacting with eachother. I chose 3 favorite character moments from this season....

3.) Carson and Rodney in "Outsiders". Here we have an old school Atlantis ep, and two original characters going at it like the good ol times. It was a funny and dramatic moment seeing these two characters interact. It was real and it was well delivered.

Carson: Where's the key
    Mckay: Carson, It's not a Volkswagon!

2.) Weir and Sheppard in "Ghost in the Machine". When you have a totally different actor playing a part and it still delivers the drama, then you got yourself a very powerful moment.

1.) My favorite character moment in Season 5 was believe it or not in the "Shrine" between Sheppard and Mckay. When Mckay is running down the halls and screaming Sheppard's name, was some pretty powerful stuff. The moment on the pier was also very dramatic and well done for my taste.

Anyway, there are so many more, but these 3 stood out to me the most this season. What was your favorite character moments for Season 5?
    sigpic

'Tracker' - Jennifer killing a wraith to save the girl and fighting another wraith to save Rodney. I felt that was much needed development for her compared to 'Missing', she's grown more confident this season not just as CMO but also as a member of the expedition and in situations that she might find herself in (IMO).

Comment

Teyla kicking Mike to his death. So morally questionable and yet most of us would have done the same thing if our offspring was threatened
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

OMG. Look at that woobie-face.

Comment

Very nice Reiko, that scene was really powerful.
          sigpic

Comment

Shep and Todd in Infection, both trying to save their crew/team while remembering the events of FC and TLT.

Todd: You owe me this, Sheppard
            Shep: I don't owe you anything
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Agreed with all listed above.

I would add John and Ronon at the end of Broken Ties, cool friendship moment with no words exchanged.
              Todd and Teyla in The Queen, especially Teyla, showed how interesting the character can be, if written properly, my fave Teyla episode of the whole series.
              Liked team interaction in DV. Loved how everyone was involved and worked together as a group.
              Still the best of all were probably the J/R in the Shrine and J/E in GitM, really strong character/friendship moments.
              sigpic

Comment

Zalenka meeting the travller ships chief engineer

Comment

It's not just one scene, but i'll try to make this short.Lets start with the leader.
                  -Woolsey trying to open the doors.Woolsey in the elevator with the alien-lady.
                  -Rodney challenging Ronon over Jennifer, Rodney asking Woolsey to keep Elizabeth-replicator in Atlantis,Rodney and his sister in the Shrine, Rodney saving Jennifer in Brain Storm.
                  -Todd getting mad on Daedalus in First Strike,Todd getting mad on his own ship in Infection.
                  -Teyla hiding her baby from Michael, Teyla deleting Michael.
                  -Jennifer saving Rodney in Tracker.Jennifer escaping Ronon in First Strike.Jennifer listening to Rodney telling her he loves her.
                  -John trying to find out if Laren loves him.
                  -Carson trying to fit into the dart.

It wasn't short ehh? damn, i have more........
                  Spoiler:
                  APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                  (YEAR 0 - 100)
                  "O thou Sun,
                  send me as far over the earth
                  as is my pleasure and thine,
                  and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                  but never hear anything of bad ones,
                  nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

My favorite character moments would be :
                    - Teyla beating Mickael in 'The Prodigal'. Very powerful scene, I loved it.
                    - Sheppard's hallcination in 'Remnants'
                    - Sheppard / Todd tense scenes in 'Infection'

But the season is not over yet...

Comment

We do tent to rememper the latest episodes. I completely forgot moments from early episodes.
                      Spoiler:
                      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                      (YEAR 0 - 100)
                      "O thou Sun,
                      send me as far over the earth
                      as is my pleasure and thine,
                      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                      but never hear anything of bad ones,
                      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                        We do tent to rememper the latest episodes. I completely forgot moments from early episodes.
                        I agree. I really loved the premiere 'Search and Rescue'

Comment

Franibeth's look back before stepping through the stargate...

And that's it. I can't even think of a good Teyla-moment, which is really sad.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My favorite was anything between John and Rodney in "The Shrine". Also, in that same episode, the scene at the beginning where John is talking to Jeannie in the observation room. The look on his face is heartbreaking.

Comment

John and Ronon in "Search and Rescue" getting ready to fight until they can't fight anymore...

John holding Teyla's newborn son while he pilots a Wraith dart...

John and Rodney drinking beer on the pier...

Rodney and Ronan agreeing to let the best man win...

Teyla holding Torren as she watches her boys John and Rodney play with their cars...

Damn, I'm gonna miss this show....

Comment

Working...
                              X