Peter (from the future)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter (from the future)

Every Peter that has travelled back in time, has had the ability to heal. It is only the present Peter, with his powers stolen from Arthur, that cannot heal, nor can he do much else at the moment.

We know, that if you are powerless, and are killed (shot through the head perhalps), the moment the bullet is removed, you would once again heal. Based upon this, I have a question.

Why does Peter have a scar? If he can heal, which he can, and always has been able too. Why does he have a scar for?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Well maybe present Peter with his powers stolen from Arthur gets scarred, then gets his powers back later and its been too long to heal.

It all depends on the specific nature of the healing power. Claire healed from being dead for 5 minutes without powers, but she was hurt for 5 or so hours before getting powers back. We don't know if the healing can repair injuries that are 3 weeks old. How about tonsils or appendix removal?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
      How about tonsils or appendix removal?
      Why would they need to be removed? If you never fall sick?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        Why would they need to be removed? If you never fall sick?
        Yo, context.

It might be annoying to have tonsils removed, then gain healing ability and grow them back.

Comment

Yo, context.

It might be annoying to have tonsils removed, then gain healing ability and grow them back.
          Why would it be annoying? They wouldn't be swollen or in constant pain still? You'd still be in perfect health.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
            Every Peter that has travelled back in time, has had the ability to heal. It is only the present Peter, with his powers stolen from Arthur, that cannot heal, nor can he do much else at the moment.

We know, that if you are powerless, and are killed (shot through the head perhalps), the moment the bullet is removed, you would once again heal. Based upon this, I have a question.

Why does Peter have a scar? If he can heal, which he can, and always has been able too. Why does he have a scar for?
            we have now seen how he gets the cut that becomes the scar. i assume it starts healing on it's own before he gets his powers back, therefore building up scar tissue, which his healing ability cannot get rid of.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Why would it be annoying? They wouldn't be swollen or in constant pain still? You'd still be in perfect health.
              I said _might_ be annoying. When removed, other parts of the body could grow into those locations. Suddenly having them grow back may make things a little cramped until you adjusted.

I had tonsils removed a while back where doc said each was 2 inches across. He said alarmingly large. That was 4 inches gone from my throat, and other throat areas grew a little to fill the space and be considered "normal". Suddenly getting normal tonsils back might restrict my throat for a while, hence annoying.

Comment

I said _might_ be annoying. When removed, other parts of the body could grow into those locations. Suddenly having them grow back may make things a little cramped until you adjusted.

I had tonsils removed a while back where doc said each was 2 inches across. He said alarmingly large. That was 4 inches gone from my throat, and other throat areas grew a little to fill the space and be considered "normal". Suddenly getting normal tonsils back might restrict my throat for a while, hence annoying.
                Fair enough for the tonsils, but the appendix wouldn't be felt would it? Wouldn't inconvenience you in the slightest there.

Comment

Fair enough for the tonsils, but the appendix wouldn't be felt would it? Wouldn't inconvenience you in the slightest there.
                  No direct pain, I admit.

Inconvenience maybe. Don't have my old med stuff handy. I'd guess that it'd cause discomfort similar to what I stated above. Could temporarily block/restrict the intestinal tract or veins/arteries in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    we have now seen how he gets the cut that becomes the scar. i assume it starts healing on it's own before he gets his powers back, therefore building up scar tissue, which his healing ability cannot get rid of.
                    But the scar is in the wrong place...
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      But the scar is in the wrong place...
                      It might end up being an "altered timeline" scar, but done mainly for practical reasons simply because the size of Future Peters scar is pretty large and in an odd place. Not all actors are comfortable with spending 3 hours a day in makeup.

Comment

What will happen if Ando touches Peter with his turbo charge? Will Peter copy every Heroes special skill from the globe?
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          What will happen if Ando touches Peter with his turbo charge? Will Peter copy every Heroes special skill from the globe?
                          That would be so awesome if that were the result of Ando touching him.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            That would be so awesome if that were the result of Ando touching him.
                            coyldnt he absorb it and turbo charge himself?

Comment

Originally posted by NIKIN View Post
                              coyldnt he absorb it and turbo charge himself?
                              I was wondering that...
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X