Firefly:Serenity Movie-Now Sept.2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly:Serenity Movie-Now Sept.2005

Have ya'll seen this? Looks like bad news for the Firefly fans who are anxiously awaiting the movie.

According to this report at AICN (based on a Joss Whedon post), the release date of the Firefly: "Serenity" movie has been pushed back from April, 2005 to Sept, 2005.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18882

A snippet:

Here’s what "Serenity" writer-director Joss Whedon posted onto the Whedonesque website scant hours ago:
    Are you guys starting to hear that fanfare? Those distant drums? Are you slapping on your side-arms, pulling on your long brownish-colored coats and thumbing your crisp new bills in anticipation of the cinematic event of the year? Well, it's official: on April 22nd you, the true the blue the loyal, can step right up with the rest of America and WAIT FIVE MORE MONTHS.

Heh. See, sometimes studios shuffle around release dates...

See above link for full story.

*big sigh*
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Damn. Just gonna have to wait longer, then...

Good guy, Bad guy.....
    I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Now it won't get creamed. Think about it, "SUMMER" 2005 has four big movies in it already. Batman Begins, FF, Episode 3 and War Of The Worlds. It Firefly was in theire, they'd die! I'm glad they moved it, now you fans can trully put effort foward to go see FireFly come the fall.

I can't wait for the summer! Those four movies look awesome!

Good luck to you guys in the fall!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

COnsidering it was coming out BEFORE those movies in the SPRING.

The movie should come out in early April, that way when it bombs... I mean if it bombs..... the DVD will be out before Christmas.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know there was going to be a Firefly movie. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Meebles
            Wow, I didn't even know there was going to be a Firefly movie. Very cool.
            Its been announced since the end of the series, about 2 months post dvd sales, FOX saw that the dvds were so hot, that they listened to the fans for once and gave Whedon the go ahead for the movie, aka Serenity.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Its been announced since the end of the series, about 2 months post dvd sales, FOX saw that the dvds were so hot, that they listened to the fans for once and gave Whedon the go ahead for the movie, aka Serenity.
              Actually, it was Universal that gave the goahead. FOX sold the rights for a movie.
              A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

NOOOO! My space heart!
                Think about it, "SUMMER" 2005 has four big movies in it already. Batman Begins, FF, Episode 3 and War Of The Worlds. It Firefly was in theire, they'd die!
                Oh. Right. September doesn't seem so bad, then. Well played, Universal. Well played.
                It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Now it won't get creamed. Think about it, "SUMMER" 2005 has four big movies in it already. Batman Begins, FF, Episode 3 and War Of The Worlds. It Firefly was in theire, they'd die! I'm glad they moved it, now you fans can trully put effort foward to go see FireFly come the fall.

I can't wait for the summer! Those four movies look awesome!

Good luck to you guys in the fall!
                  FF? Final Fantasy?

Batman Begins? Que?
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                    FF? Final Fantasy?

Batman Begins? Que?
                    FF= Fantastic Four! Its coming out July 4, 2005
                    And Batman Begins is a prequel to Batman(1989). It too looks awesome.

Comment

Actually, now I'm having trouble picturing it as a movie...and I have a bad feeling about it. They're going to need some sort of "big bad" to carry the movie and that might make it super cheesy. But the "big bad" would probably have somehting to do with those blue hand people/River. Anyway, do you know if they're using all the same cast? *crosses fingers* edit: Okay, just checked it out at imdb and looks like it's the original cast. So that's good anyway.

Comment

And Batman Begins is a prequel to Batman(1989).
                        It doesn't look so much like a prequel to me, so much as they're starting all over. From what I've heard, this movie will be the beginning of a new set of Batman movies, not connected to the ones from the early/mid 90s.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Whatever it is, it's going to be awesome! Christopher Nolan (Memento (AWESOME MOVIE)) is directing and David Goyer (Blade Trilogy) wrote them. So it has to be good. And Christian Bale is Batman/Bruce Wayne, and he was awesome in Equilibrium.

Comment

Looking over the reasons why they moved it, I'm actually happy that they did so. And not happy that we still have to wait, but relativly, it's a short wait, I mean, look at how long we had to wait inbetween Star Wars movies!

The main reason is that there's a crapload of other scifi movies, big ones. May 6th- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, May 19th, Star Wars, June 29th, War of the Worlds, then Fantastic Four, the Interprator, etc. It was just way too crowded, and Serenity wouldn't have gotten the attention it needs to be successful. Plus, Universal had some horrible luck last year with Van Hellsing and Riddick.
                            A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

BOO! I was actually looking foward to this movie. Oh well.
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                              X