This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with wraith color argument

okay so me and my friend have been argueing forever about as stupid thing as the skin color of the wraith.

he posted some pictures were they look white and i posted pictures where they look green so we have debunked all the picture evidence because they can be argued wether it is the lightings fault or not..

what do you say: are the wraith white skinned or green skinned?
    Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
    HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

It depends on the Wraith and the lighting. In the DVD extras, they show the Wraith with white/light blue skin. Other times, the Wraith do have green skin (Allies).

Yay, you're both right
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

White, light blue, green.

All three.
      Humans have more than one skin colour.
      So do Wraith.
      What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
      Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

I think a pale green is the most common colour, although as Voxyn says, there is plenty of variety. The Queen in "Allies", for example, had almost human coloured skin.

The blue-tinted opening credits, not to mention the blue lighting in the Atlantis cell where "Steve the Wraith" was kept, have helped give the impression that at least some Wraith have blue skin, which has led to some confusion.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

The makeup changes significantly depending on the episode, even for a given character. Todd was very green in "Common Ground", but now, he's more like a yellowish very light grayish green in natural light. A wraith skin colour depends A LOT on ambient lighting, so it's really hard to tell.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Basically, Wraith are green...shades of green. GREEN-green. Yellow-green. Grey-green. Blue-green. Spring-green. It all depends.

As far as the Wraith in Allies are concerned, I believe I read somewhere that their make-up was a mistake of some kind, but they had to follow through with it (I may be wrong - I wasn't getting that first, or even second, hand). Still, there is a green tint to it.

However, even though they are green, lighting has a lot to do with how they look. In the moonlight, the two fellas in my sig look white - but in the daylight they were definitely green. Steve and Todd have both been filmed under blue lights, which make them look very blue, even the the makeup is green.

So - to answer your question, Wraith are green - various shades, but still green.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Voxyn View Post
              White, light blue, green.

All three.
              Humans have more than one skin colour.
              So do Wraith.
              exactly!!!!!!!

sigpic
              Sig made by squirrely1
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
              *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by mammon View Post
                okay so me and my friend have been argueing forever about as stupid thing as the skin color of the wraith.

he posted some pictures were they look white and i posted pictures where they look green so we have debunked all the picture evidence because they can be argued wether it is the lightings fault or not..

what do you say: are the wraith white skinned or green skinned?
                They're never really 100% white. I can see the color very clearly because I have a high def portable dvd player. It's almost always light blue or light green, and sometimes I think it's a light beige color. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it depends on which clan or hive they come from.
                StarshineRoxie
                A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                sigpic

Comment

The Defiant One was a Golden Yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                    The Defiant One was a Golden Yellow.
                    So he was.

Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

They also do sit in hibernation for very long peroids of time and are part insect - that cannot bode well for complexion!

Comment

Most Common Colour for Wraith is green, All Soliders are this colour.

Normal Wraith tend to be green, "theDefientOne", Todd, the wraith who infultrated Midway and alot of others tend to be green or have a light tint of green

Female Keeper in Rising was Blue, few of the queens seem to be a beige colour, dont tend to see green queens though

Micheal is sort of a white/beige colour

But as Voxyn said they come in all colours like we do, be odd if there was not a variety really

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                          Normal Wraith tend to be green, "theDefientOne", Todd, the wraith who infultrated Midway and alot of others tend to be green or have a light tint of green
                          The Defiant One is most definitely yellow, no green about him at all, from my view?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                            The Defiant One is most definitely yellow, no green about him at all, from my view?
                            Maybe Wraith skin tans that colour?! The Defiant One was stuck on a desert planet for ten thousand years; even amid hibernating, that's plenty of time to catch some rays.
                            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                              Maybe Wraith skin tans that colour?! The Defiant One was stuck on a desert planet for ten thousand years; even amid hibernating, that's plenty of time to catch some rays.
                              Or they are like chameleons, they take the colour of their surroundings.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X