11.73%
    None, keep the romance to a minimum please
    25.31%
    SANCTUARY ROCKS

sigpic

Comment

none
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'd say Helen/Druitt, but they keep their distance. I can see Druitt, if he stays recovered (pre-requisite for a ship, anyway), not approving of Ashley because he sees the killer in her and Helen keeping her distance from Druitt to stay on Ashley's good side.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

I voted for "None, keep the romance to a minimum please" ,as I would prefer to have the stories and plots be the focus ,along with the friendships between the characters.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Agreed, I chose none, but if there had to be some I'd choose Helen and John. I think that underneath it all she still loves him.

I really hope they never have Helen and Will in a relationship, I can't see it at all. I think I see them as more of a kind of family relationship, not necessarily a mother/son realationship but close family anyway.

It would squick me out if they where. Hopefully they will keep relationships to a minumum though as I don't want Sanctuary to become about that. I liked how they did it with Will's girlfriend. We know they where living together before they broke up and they did introduce her to the show but it was kept to the bare minimum.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree that ship on the show should be kept to a minimum, and it shouldn't take over the stories, I would hate to see Sanctuary turn into a dating game. But I see Helen/John as part of the bigger story, a very important part of the characters past which we know very little about. While I don't see much happening between them in the future, romantically, I would love to learn more about their past.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                Agreed, I chose none, but if there had to be some I'd choose Helen and John. I think that underneath it all she still loves him.
                I think they still love each other,but I can't really see any way they could reconcile and end up as one happy family.

Originally posted by Mousie
                I really hope they never have Helen and Will in a relationship, I can't see it at all. I think I see them as more of a kind of family relationship, not necessarily a mother/son realationship but close family anyway.
                I largely agree with you on that.Helen rescued Will and then kept tabs on him till the time came to offer him the chance to join her as her protegé .
                (Ok,she ran him over ,which sped things up a bit I think,but I digress!)
                I don't think she has a romantic interest in him ,nor does Will addressing her as "Magnus" all the time seem very shippy, but the friendship and trust between them is growing nicely.

It would squick me out if they where. Hopefully they will keep relationships to a minumum though as I don't want Sanctuary to become about that.
                I'd be less than thrilled too.I think the platonic relationships and inter-relations are more fun without Ship being highlighted anyway.

I liked how they did it with Will's girlfriend. We know they where living together before they broke up and they did introduce her to the show but it was kept to the bare minimum.
                Yes.She served her purpose as background for Will,then we haven't seen her again.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                  I think they still love each other,but I can't really see any way they could reconcile and end up as one happy family.
                  Agreed. It would be impossible to get past that whole "turned into a sociopath who went on a murder spree, hunted you down through time and tried to feed your daughter to a giant lizard" thing. If he does stay 'good' I think there will be a cautious hesitant acceptance between them both. Not lovers because they can't go back to that but other than friends because of the history between them.
                  sigpic

Comment

relationships within the show? sure. but 'one true ship'...no. I like shows with open relationships so that people can see what they want to see.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                      Agreed. It would be impossible to get past that whole "turned into a sociopath who went on a murder spree, hunted you down through time and tried to feed your daughter to a giant lizard" thing. If he does stay 'good' I think there will be a cautious hesitant acceptance between them both. Not lovers because they can't go back to that but other than friends because of the history between them.
                      Very good points.
                      I think ,even as friends there'd be an edge of suspicion of each other's motives ,but it all depends on whether John stays sane and rational.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      I agree that ship on the show should be kept to a minimum, and it shouldn't take over the stories, I would hate to see Sanctuary turn into a dating game. But I see Helen/John as part of the bigger story, a very important part of the characters past which we know very little about. While I don't see much happening between them in the future, romantically, I would love to learn more about their past.
                      I like the H/J flashbacks.More of those would be great .

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      relationships within the show? sure. but 'one true ship'...no. I like shows with open relationships so that people can see what they want to see.
                      "Eye of the beholder" will apply whether DK and co write shippily or not,and more power to those who see what I don't ,as long as they don't ram it at me that I "have" to see it their way.
                      Here's hoping there never is "One true ship" as canon,though.

Comment

i voted for none, but if there really had to be any shipping i would hope for henry/ashley. i think it has the best potential for fun and seriousness.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

i could see henry/ashley, simply for the conflict. she spends her days tracking down and 'hunting' abbys, henry is one.

now she has been toned down from the webbys, but in the webbys, i got a definite air of 'disrespect' from her towards abbys. as in no real fondness or intrigue in how 'cool' they can be, there were just freaks taht she had to control. They were a job and i sensed some resentment from her.

her falling for henry would make things even more interesting if she still had that trait.

However, even toned down, I didn't get a real sense of empathy from her. She may not have as much resentment as she did in the webbys, but i do think tracking down abbys is more a job for her than anything else.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Dunno. Usually I don't need the characters to have relationships, but the writers usually throw them into one (or some), and I keep finding out that I really don't mind.
                            So hypothetically (and I bet that by the end of season 1, but in season 2 hundred percent, there'll be a big romance) if there was no choice but to have ships in Sanctuary, I'd choose Ashley/Will. Opposites attract.
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope none, or Will having relationships here and there outside the Sanctuary.
                              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                              Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                              X