Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64653545556
Results 1,101 to 1,112 of 1112

Default Re: 'Enemy At the Gate' (520) General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Freyr View Post
    However both Alt-McKays traveled through a bridge to an Atlantis that wasn't their own. Otherwise, Vegas' Alt-McKay wouldn't have told his Sheppard the story of meeting a Col. Sheppard.
    This is zero evidence that Mckay&msmiller happened in the Vegas timeline. Just how many times did SG1 meet alternate SG1's through means other than that bridge?

Lastly, Daedalus variations included an alternate team, and while we met them when dead, the rules of the Multiverse would mean that an infinite amount of Daedalus Variations happened, including one where the Vegas Mckay could've met a live alternate Sheppard.

Or they still have the quantum mirror, or this mckay did meet another Sheppard in Ripple Effect, etc etc etc.

Again, the Multiverse forces an infinite amount of infinite variations. Therefore, everything that can happen, will happen and has infact happened. There's an infinite amount of copies of Earth that are exactly the same except some atom somewhere had a slightly different quantum state.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    This is zero evidence that Mckay&msmiller happened in the Vegas timeline.
    Re-read my post. I agreed with you. Pointed out differences and similarity. Vegas' Alt-McKay met some other universe's Atlantis team, not our team.

Probie

There were more things which I did not like but this was the biggest: When Ronon died, really Sheppard risked his own life and the lives of others as well to return for his dead body? He could not absolutely know that the Wraiths will revive him. I know the motto "We dont leave our people behind." but i remember many times when the dead comrades were left behing during the action. This is quite extreme, is not it?

What makes you think they went back for him? It looked to me as though they were simply backtracking and stumbled upon him in the process. Ronon was in a hallway they had to go through on their way to the gate because he died in a hallway they passed through on their way from the gate.

Winger

Was that girl the actual sister of the actor that plays Rodney in Mrs Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Was that girl the actual sister of the actor that plays Rodney in Mrs Miller?
    Yup, Kate Hewlett is the real life younger sister of David Hewlett.

They are hilarious on twitter.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yup, Kate Hewlett is the real life younger sister of David Hewlett.

They are hilarious on twitter.

I did wonder that seeing them together. They are cute together how they interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I did wonder that seeing them together. They are cute together how they interact.
    I believe TPTW originally gave Rodney a brother, after which he casually mentioned that he had a younger sister who was also into acting, and they changed it to Rodney having a sister instead. I think David once mentioned this in an interview posted right here on Gateworld.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

You are quite correct, Falcon Horus:

”When we did ‘Hot Zone,’ where [McKay] confesses that he has a sister, it had originally been written as a brother,” David Hewlett revealed to GateWorld. “And I said, ‘Look, just on the off chance, I’ve got a lot of sisters and one of them happens to be an actress. I’m not saying you have to cast her, but just on the off chance, can I say ‘sister?” And they said, ‘Oh, that’s a good idea. That’s fine.'”
    https://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/...mckays-sister/

Yay for my long-term memory.

My short-term on the other hand...

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeden View Post
    What makes you think they went back for him? It looked to me as though they were simply backtracking and stumbled upon him in the process. Ronon was in a hallway they had to go through on their way to the gate because he died in a hallway they passed through on their way from the gate.
    It did not occur me but did not Sheppard actually come from the side where the team was retreating after the death of Ronon? I have this feeling, but I haven't seen this episode for a while, so I can be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post
    It did not occur me but did not Sheppard actually come from the side where the team was retreating after the death of Ronon? I have this feeling, but I haven't seen this episode for a while, so I can be wrong
    After Ronon died Shepard made radio contact with the team and he waited for them to meet him in the dart bay so that Rodney could rig up a remote detonator. Shepard and co. then found Ronon while heading back to the gate. Presumably the path they took from the gate was the shortest, so it makes sense that they would go back the way they came since they had limited time. (They needed to get to the gate as quickly as possible so they could stop the attack on Earth, which turned out to not be possible; Shepard wanted them to hit the detonator before they reached the gate because time had run out. Atlantis showing up bought them additional time.)