• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Enemy At the Gate' (520) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 520

The team learns that a rogue Wraith has acquired several Z.P.M.s to power a formidable new hive ship -- and he is headed for Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:45 AM.

OMG. At the end i was like really... drop the damn cloak!

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
      Yeah, me too. It's time. . . . It's definitely time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I like the episode and the last scene (can't believe that MGM emailed that for us...spoiling the possible Ronan death). Fairly sadden that this is the end of the show.

Having Atlantis back on Earth does really up the stake for the TV movies.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

one word epic.

Comment

it was a nice wrap up.
            thank goodness lorne survived

shep lives for suicide runs and i think the only eye rolling point was 'we cloaked the city before we got too close' to the golden gate bridge....ok, cloaked the city, but a cloak doesn't mean that you don't displace water, TONS and TONS of water that had to go somewhere, and this close to shore, likely swamped a few ships

but we all know that science ain't their strong point, so i'll give it to them
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode was going to end up being stupid, but I think it turned out ok for a final finale.

Should have dropped the cloak, and ended with the camera backing away in reverse flying over the SF Bay area. It would have gone perfectly with the season 1 pilot ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                Yeah, me too. It's time. . . . It's definitely time.
                I would have loved to see the facial expressions from the drivers on the golden gate bridge if they did that.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  it was a nice wrap up.
                  thank goodness lorne survived

shep lives for suicide runs and i think the only eye rolling point was 'we cloaked the city before we got too close' to the golden gate bridge....ok, cloaked the city, but a cloak doesn't mean that you don't displace water, TONS and TONS of water that had to go somewhere, and this close to shore, likely swamped a few ships

but we all know that science ain't their strong point, so i'll give it to them
                  Agreed.

I was really convinced Ronan had died. I almost wish he had now.

Comment

It was a good episode and I, too, wish they just floated on in to San Fran Bay, without the cloak. Haha, imagine the panic.

Though, I hope they get Atlantis back into the Pegasus Galaxy...just seems right.

Comment

I would have loved to see the facial expressions from the drivers on the golden gate bridge if they did that.
                      Haha! "And next on the evening news. . . A giant city?"

Comment

Mixed feelings, mainly because I just don't like how Sheppard treats Todd. Of course, maybe Todd likes it...who knows. He does respect strength afterall.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the whole "we're somehow keeping something in plain sight a secret" thing is old now. Stargate never really had to deal with the public, the writers only did when they felt like it. Very artificial. I'm also perplexed as to why they moved all the way from the center of the pacific to San Francisco - a most unnecessary risk.

Comment

OMG DROP THE CLOAK! When is Earth going to be ready like come on..

Comment

Ok. This was a good episode, but it would have worked better as a two parter. It was nice to see Beckett flying the city and firing the drones. It was a nice through back to his inability to control the drones back in the series premiere.

Having the city on earth is an interesting way to set up for the movies. Bring em on!

Comment

Working...
                              X