This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    I can see that people will either love it or hate it, it sure was different!
    But 180 degree change of opinion here,
    This episode was probably the best SGA ep I have ever seen. From the music, to the mood, to the acting, it was mesmerizing, I couldn't tear my eyes away.
    Word to all of that! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      In what way was it complete and total self-indulgent drek?
      lol

if you're gonna spoof csi, at least do it 'right'

the driving rock music was annoying to the extreme, the wraith knowing how to apply hollywood quality makeup? not likely.

rodney was annoying to the extreme - as per usual.

it was just bad. cheesily bad.

it was like it was a 'see mr glassner we can do your csi' flavored with a couple snarks at the fans and reminded me of a few too many 'low budget grungy shootemups' movies from the 80's
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
        Fantastic episode! I wish that the other John Sheppard would have survived though. At least he died knowing that he just saved the entire world.
        Yeah and that is original how? I mean really Sheppard deserved to die in this one so maybe that was original.

Talk about a waste of space human. Oh look at me! I got peeps killed so lets not get therapy and help from others lets just brood and be a screw up for the rest of my life.

Jeez, he makes. me. sick!

Comment

Wow, just when you thought Stargate could not get anymore complexed or dynamic it just did. The episode was brilliant. It showed some amazing writing and I loved the twists and turns in the episode. Sheppard was awesome in this episode and I liked how they made him a detective with a really dark background, only to come out as a hero like the Sheppard in the real reality.

The most dramatic part was "Todd" when he says to him "You have a Destiny, John Sheppard" Nearly gave me chills.

The Finale looks awesome!!
          sigpic

Comment

I loved it when he owned John in their alternate reality.!

Why not they have a new series : "Stargate CSI: Vegas"?

I like to see Drs. Keller, Zelenka, and Beckett work in lab team as Sam Carter, Ronon and Evan would be detectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
              Folks didn't like it, really? I thought it was very cool! Great production values, from editing to music to location, and a very tragic alternate Sheppard. The last scene has completely haunted me since I saw it (early, I admit). I loved the alternate Rodney and Zelenka, too. (A professional, confident but still nerdy Rodney who accidentally opened a rift, so it wasn't Rod, and he didn't know "our" Sheppard as I've seen some fans say.)

From what I can tell, JF did a lot of the stunts too, from jumping down the stairs to leaping over the car at the end. I'd love to hear more about that.

I can't believe the actor who played the Wriath was Khalek in Prototype. Wow!

Anyway I enjoyed this departure much more than the last 2 eps, and more than a bunch of S5 eps. I give them kudos for trying something different 5 yrs in.

BTW we have our transcript of Vegas up here.
              I agree, I loved it! I have a friend who LOVES CSI, so I was watching it with him, and we were cracking up at the homages. CSI: Atlantis indeed!

The production values, the locations, the music, it all worked. I loved the "Sympathy For the Devil" bit. The poker scene was classic. In fact, Alt. Rodney's rundown of Alt. Sheppard's background was insanely interesting. Loved that Sheppard still had the Johnny Cash poster and held on to it even when he quit. It was good to see that this leads into the finale. I mean, it reminded me of "There But For the Grace of God," but in a different way. Part homage, part story mover forward, part character study of what might have been. Don't get me wrong, the second to last episode, I want more meat and continuity, but it was a still a fun episode.

Alt. Rodney and Alt. Zelenka still bicker. Yay.

Oh, and that ending, great stuff. The Johnny Cash music, the slow crawl through the desert. While still maintaining the CSI theme, it was a great death of a character. I agree, very haunting. That Cash song is now one of my favorites. I have to get that off iTunes.

My one complaint was that Neil Jackson didn't get to act. He just growled and shot at Sheppard. I mean, he was so amazing as Khalek in "Prototype," and here he felt wasted. I was really looking forward to his performance. Oh well. At least Todd got a great monologue.

4/5.

Bring on Enemy at the Gates! I don't want Atlantis to end, but it looks so good.
              Rush rocks.

Comment

I completely agree, the last two eps and they found a way to cheat us out of that. I will really miss SGA but if SU is to have chance I suggest they hire better writers. I want to say I will watch SU but I'm not sure that I am up for more disappointment. SGA started out great then it went from sugar to <the language filter is there for a reason> in no time. My advice, new writers and producers.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 02 January 2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Yeah and that is original how? I mean really Sheppard deserved to die in this one so maybe that was original.

Talk about an waste of space human. Oh look at me! I got peeps killed so lets not get therapy and help from others lets just brood and be a screw up for the rest of my life.

Jeez, he make.s me. sick!
                  As cliche' as it was. He still risked his own ass to give the Earth a chance and redeemed himself. The irony is that he was a selfish man since the incident but couldn't save himself in the end.

Comment

what part of this episode qualifies it as a Stargate Atlantis one?

seems like someone took 5 characters from SGA, threw in Bobby Baccala and Phil Leotardo to be "cool"... added a LOT of songs.... and repackaged the entire thing as a pilot for another SciFi show...

if TPTB continue down this path with SGU, then i will not like it at all...

i'm watching season 2 of SG1 right now, and THAT is stargate.... there was nothing tonight that had any remote link to what Stargate really is...
                    nothing

just a bunch of contrived pseudo-edgy BS...
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

it was kinda ok; but the feel of the episode is completely different than what was developed over the past 98 episodes. I did NOT like it at all! Atlantis is supposed to feel more like an escape from reality and this episode did not deliver that. This felt more like CSI:Miami than it did Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                        I almost fell asleep when I watched the leaked episode... It's really bad. Only the Sheppard fangirls will "like" it.
                        Shocker, well sorry you did not like it. Maybe the next ep will be more to your liking.
                        sigpic

Comment

OMFG!

This kicked a**, people...

Dark and dangerous and twisted, just like some of the best of the work I've read on the fan fiction sites.

Great soundtrack...

I've already read some posts expressing dislike, but I love this ep.

One caveat... What did they do to McKay's hair?

Comment

The one thing that bugged me was that there was no explanation for the cut on Sheppard's cheek. I mean, two people comment on it, but there was nothing to show why he should have it. My own theory is that he got beat up by his loan shark, and that scene had to be edited for time or something. It would have explained the cheek cut and why Shep took the Wraith's money. He was desperate. So the only clue we have to that is Rodney mentioning his off-the-book debts. Poor Shep! I hope RCC explains that some time.

Comment

Ok - I'm a bit confused. Pardon my dumb question...

Different reality on Earth and different Sheppard - got that.

But were all of the other "SGA" characters from different realities too -- i.e. not our Atlantis reality either?

Comment

I don't understand what the last 60 minutes just were about?.....it was horrible!

If the powers that be wanted to simply go to Vegas and gamble instead of work...they should have made a show of just that, and it would have made more sense! Although I will say I'm not surprised seeing they seem to have jumped the ship for the entire season, giving all the time in the world for SGU rather than this one!....what a waste of a season....

Comment

Working...
                                X