• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Vegas' (519) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 519

In the city of Las Vegas, Detective John Sheppard must solve the case on a long string of unusual murders -- perpetrated by a Wraith in hiding.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:43 AM.

it's 9:47 eastern time... still 10 minutes left... but Vegas is a very large reason why i am GLAD that Atlantis has been cancelled...

boring, dull, no sense that its a "Stargate" episode, let alone a Stargate show... and since its not "our" reality i find no interest in how it turns out...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
      it's 9:47 eastern time... still 10 minutes left... but Vegas is a very large reason why i am GLAD that Atlantis has been cancelled...

boring, dull, no sense that its a "Stargate" episode, let alone a Stargate show... and since its not "our" reality i find no interest in how it turns out...
      Shame you don't want to know how it ends since the end leads into the finale.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

can i have the last 60 minutes of my life back please?

complete and total self-indulgent drek
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

he at least I know not to bother with it...
          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

In what way was it complete and total self-indulgent drek?
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

omg, whst a contrived ending

did Bryan Singer write this?

Comment

I almost fell asleep when I watched the leaked episode... It's really bad. Only the Sheppard fangirls will "like" it.
                sigpic

Comment

wow

a Stargate episode with....... no stargate..... no Atlantis.... and it doesn't even take place in our own reality

its called STARGATE for a reason... not Sliders...

Comment

I can see that people will either love it or hate it, it sure was different!
                    But 180 degree change of opinion here,
                    This episode was probably the best SGA ep I have ever seen. From the music, to the mood, to the acting, it was mesmerizing, I couldn't tear my eyes away.
                    It was heartbreaking, brilliant and I sure as heck wish they would have spun this off as a series instead of 90210!
                    I honestly have no words to describe how much I liked it, and (since I watched it a week ago, bad me) how it left me emotional for days after viewing.
                    See, everbody's tastes are different!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Folks didn't like it, really? I thought it was very cool! Great production values, from editing to music to location, and a very tragic alternate Sheppard. The last scene has completely haunted me since I saw it (early, I admit). I loved the alternate Rodney and Zelenka, too. (A professional, confident but still nerdy Rodney who accidentally opened a rift, so it wasn't Rod, and he didn't know "our" Sheppard as I've seen some fans say.)

From what I can tell, JF did a lot of the stunts too, from jumping down the stairs to leaping over the car at the end. I'd love to hear more about that.

I can't believe the actor who played the Wriath was Khalek in Prototype. Wow!

Anyway I enjoyed this departure much more than the last 2 eps, and more than a bunch of S5 eps. I give them kudos for trying something different 5 yrs in.

BTW we have our transcript of Vegas up here.

Comment

A very cool and very different kind of episode!

Vala,

Comment

Fantastic episode! I wish that the other John Sheppard would have survived though. At least he died knowing that he just saved the entire world.

Comment

It was definatly different then the average Stargate episode. I'm just not sure it was the right kind of different. Felt like they were trying too hard to emmulate CSI. I didn't find it even remotely interesting until McKay appeared in the episode.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Oh now come on! That is not very positive. Half glass full!

I only liked the Wraith and Marilyn and David Hewlett in a suit and doing his best not to be Vergil from Cypher (but thankfully failing! Grrll).

The rest? CSI still has much better scripts.

Actually I posted my review in the other thread and I can't be bothered re-posting it here.

Sad way to start the end to a finale. Sad as in attrocias.

Comment

Working...
                              X