Possible New Tactic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible New Tactic?

We saw that Wraith ships can become sick just like any living thing. I think instead of weaponizing the gene therapy for Wraith, they should do it for their ships. We could have giant needles launched by the Daedalus as soon as it leaves hyperspace, and then it enters hyperspace right away. It's hit and run with the advantage that eventually the ship will break in half. If any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.

Though in theory it could work and splendidly it will, the delivery method needs to be refined and I bet the production of the treatment will have to turn into major mass production in order for it to work as efficiently as possible.

Comment

One hive ship sneezes on another hive ship XD

Comment

well, that would be a great movie idea, really. Put this idea up in the movies Section.

sigpic
        Sig made by squirrely1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Though I do say that the delivery method should be improved on. And I'm not sure if germs can travel through space, but it's Sci-Fi, anything's possible. lol But I do think that would be an awesome idea. *nod nod*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
            f any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.
            *Pictures mating Hive Ships*

Okay, that does it. I should do something else today, outside of reading Infection threads...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

What about a weapon simillar the anti-speicie 8472 missiles. You fill it with replicator nanites to maximize the efficiency of the virus delivery system.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

Okay, that does it. I should do something else today, outside of reading Infection threads...
                Haha, wow that made me laugh.

I agree with the nanite idea, it would make it much more of an accurate weapon. Sort of like how replicators invaded ships in SG-1. Launch a projectile at the ship and let the nanites take care of the dirty work. Also, as soon as McKay designs it and presents it to the IOA, I'm sure they'll want to mass produce it as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  We saw that Wraith ships can become sick just like any living thing. I think instead of weaponizing the gene therapy for Wraith, they should do it for their ships. We could have giant needles launched by the Daedalus as soon as it leaves hyperspace, and then it enters hyperspace right away. It's hit and run with the advantage that eventually the ship will break in half. If any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.
                  That's an interesting idea, however now it only takes 3 Asgard beams to destroy a Hive ship in a hit and run attack. So there's no need to do something that complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                    That's an interesting idea, however now it only takes 3 Asgard beams to destroy a Hive ship in a hit and run attack. So there's no need to do something that complicated.
                    Thats exactly what I'm thinking, they have intelligence on where the wraith are so why not go kick the absolute crap out them. They have the ships, 2 304's flying around the pegasus galaxy blowing up hives eventually there wouldnt be many left and they would all band together for mutual protection against the earth fleet and that would save millions of humans all across the galaxy because they could only feed on one planet at a time. But hey that would kinda ruin the entire premise of the show, good guys vs bad guys

Comment

if it gets sick it can develope an immunity, too like any living thing. Kill off most hive ships and the ones that survive will be stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

They'll have to make some REALLY big condoms for protection...
                        Safe Sex for Ships - Hive Trojans can't be beat!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          They'll have to make some REALLY big condoms for protection...
                          Safe Sex for Ships - Hive Trojans can't be beat!
                          yeah!

Comment

OMG
                            I just had a thought:
                            Is it possible that this weakness was the one that the Aurora was trying to bring back to Atlantis? The Ancients could have used such a weapon when they started running our of ships.
                            Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                            Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Well, it is harder to infect space ships in vaccum space than a living person.
                              The outer hull is super strong and regenerate quickly.

The Wraith hive ship got infected because Wraith suspended animation chamber exchange fluid with the Wraith.
                              which mean Wraith's ship 'sBio chemistries are compatiable with Wraith DNA.

If we can infect Wraith with a carrier virus, eventually it will get into their ship system.And make it a retro virus , like "HIV" It will slowly damage their regeneration system in a decade , that is probably how long the disease will pass into all their ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X