No announcement yet.

I Have An Idea about Todd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did they specifically say Wraith have not been around for hundreds of thousands of years? I don't think they ever delved into the earlier history of the Wraith. I know they've retconed things before but this doesn't as of yet strike me as one of those times.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      The transcript confirms what I thought I heard.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/517.shtml

Hundreds of thousands of years ago there was a treatment of last resort.

That's several lots of 100,000 years that the Wraith have been around. It doesn't make sense that the Lanteans didn't find them until just over 10,000 years ago but I'm guessing we viewers aren't supposed to question such things.
      Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      When did they specifically say Wraith have not been around for hundreds of thousands of years? I don't think they ever delved into the earlier history of the Wraith. I know they've retconed things before but this doesn't as of yet strike me as one of those times.
      Hey guys, just a little thought to support your postings;

Maybe the Wraith didn't come from the Pegasus galaxy originally?? Hence why they could have been around for that long.... they seem to move from feeding ground to feeding ground, it stands to reason that maybe they've emptied one galaxy and moved onto another... they were looking to move to Earth originally for that reason, a fresh new feeding ground!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
        Maybe the Wraith didn't come from the Pegasus galaxy originally??
        According to that theory the iratus bugs should originate from another galaxy too, since they're the ancestors of the Wraith. Were they present on any other worlds in the show? They don't seem like space-flight capable or able to use the stargate.

Then again:
        The Stargate Omnipedia: The combination of iratus and human D.N.A. brought about the Wraith form over millions of years.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
          According to that theory the iratus bugs should originate from another galaxy too, since they're the ancestors of the Wraith. Were they present on any other worlds in the show? They don't seem like space-flight capable or able to use the stargate.

Then again:
          Hmmm... good point, didnt think of that... *slaps head* Sorry, been on a 12 hour shift 2day, I get a little confuzzled
          sigpic

Comment

I beleive Todd will come back fully healed and functional - went back to the transcript and it said

KELLER: He says there's a way to fix this.

SHEPPARD: Fix what? Cure the disease?

TODD: Not cure it, but undo it.

SHEPPARD: What are you talkin' about?

TODD: As you know, healthy Wraith have an inherent ability to heal themselves of almost any ailment, but this has not always been the case. Hundreds of thousands of years ago there was a treatment of last resort.

SHEPPARD: All right, spare me the history lessons.

TODD: A terminally ill Wraith could occasionally restore himself to perfect health if he allowed an iratus bug, as you call them – specifically a queen – to feed on him.

KELLER: And you're just bringing this up now?

TODD: The process was abandoned long ago because it is dangerous, almost always resulting in the death of the Wraith in question. I only consider it now because it would appear that we are beyond hope. Now, there is a planet less than three days' journey where we will find what we need.

Restore him to perfect health - so maybe - grasping at straws - he comes back fully wraith - feeding hand and all - ready to deal with Atlantis!

Well really - we just have to wait till next year.

Seven
            I came, I saw, I conquered!
            sigpic
            We are unique! Created unique!
            Sevenofnine

Comment

Hmm I dunno
              Spoiler:
              I have seen some pics from Enemy at the Gates and he is looking as pretty as ever
              Tst

Comment

Working...
              X