No announcement yet.

Revelations, Part 2 (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tries not to read spoilers... tries... saw one... saw another... wishes she'd stayed spoiler free... has no will power... tries not to read 'more' spoilers...
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I loved the line when Tesla finally managed to force himself through all the electricity, and he's panting on the other side and says to Helen "I don't think your father liked me".

Also when Helen initially thought her trail was practically non existant and Tesla Says "Daddy's girl".
      sigpic

Comment

For Pandora, Nekkid people

Henry
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Will
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

And 2 extra Will ones

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

wow awesome!!!

who'd of thunk theres a good 200ml of vampire blood.... and it hasn't coagulated after hundereds of years lol

Spoiler:
            i always figured ash would have inherited helens power, but it never clicked that she could have inherited john's aswell!!

bring on season 2!!
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

First let me say...

I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

Now that I've got that off my chest let me just say that this was a thoroughly great ep to end the season. They stepped up the pace a tad but still gave us great character pieces and great one liners. I want more of this please

I'm going to have to make some time tomorrow to sit down and watch both parts together.
              -

Comment

I just want to say Oh. My. God. This was a seriously cool episode.

Spoiler:
                I loved the "quest" they had to go on for finding the vial. The pairs that came out of it were good( I loved Helens line about adolescents)
                The talk between John and Watson was very good and it explained some things for me!

Then we saw Henry and Will half naked...Squee...they're both so handsome...we should see them like this more often

The twist in the end was very good, although I already had read spoilers it came suprisingly and it was very good. I loved the response from Helen that she thought John did it, but that she soon enough thought Ashley could have done it as well...the end that Ashley gives the vial to that woman

Awesome....

I do need more episodes right now...I don't like cliffhangers like this...WAY too big*pouts*

*thinks about stalking Damian so she can read the script very soon*
                sigpic

Comment

Mousie....

:: bows before your greatness ::

I've managed to watch the episode by now and..... ........
                  sigpic

Comment

mandingo! this was a truly awesome episode. i remained spoiler free (Not an easy task I must say!) to really enjoy it and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm still feeling the effects of the final moments and it sucks because I'll have to wait til next season to have it resolved. I suppose the DVD's will help tremendously.

Spoiler:
                    I didn't expect Watson's death at all!!!! I was shocked. Here we were all happy that they found the keys and then BOOM! You hear a man moaning and you see Watson on the ground and he's not looking too good. And Helen's crying and you see John beside her and he reaches out towards her and places his hand on the small of her back and looks as though his own heart is breaking because he hates to see helen cry and you get the feeling that he and Watson were the best of friends before the madness began.

I think the last few minutes were the most tense I've ever been. From the moment Ashley faints to the final moments when Helen realizes what's happened, I was riveted, gasping and "OH NO!ing" and getting that sinking feeling in my gut...and we see Ashley handing the blood over to the cabal... then it says "To be continued....muahahahahaaaaa!" So Evil. I look at the screen, feeling devastated, haunted by the look that Helen had on her face in the final moments as she says, "We're too late..."

I can't believe Season 1 is over already. Too soon! Needs 9 more episodes danggit!
                    sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Yeah, that was one hell of an episode. And even though I continue to be bugged by the blatant plot device that was Ashley and Henry's majorly ill advised "mission" into Cabal territory, the rest of the episode and it's content was enough for me to thoroughly enjoy the finale and be grossly entertained by it.

I have to say that, plot line aside, some of my favourite moments were the purely character driven scenes between Helen, Druitt, Watson, and Tesla. Tesla's penchant for electricity aside, there were sparks in each every scene involving those 4, but I especially loved the interactions of Druitt and Watson.

It intrigues me that regardless of any lingering resentment Watson may have felt for being out-maneuvered (as it were) by Druit (as Jack the Ripper) all those years ago, he either still considered Druitt enough of a friend (or wished deep down that he still remained one) to not exactly hate him, or respected the man Druitt had been before the murders enough to grant him the benefit of the doubt just enough to trust him for this mission. Granted, he could have been doing it all for Helen, but that theory is rather belittling to Watson's great mind in my view.

And Druitt himself, so torn, tormented, and tortured over what he did a century ago. He maintains that he'd been possessed by an unassailable force, ergo it hadn't really been him, but for all his insistence of this supposed fact, he doesn't seem to be able to forgive himself for what he's done. Maybe this "irresistible force" was explained and I missed it (in that case, please let me know), but considering what is now happening with Ashley, I rather wonder if a) this doesn't have something to do with his powers (which seem to be Ashley's as well) and b) if the Cabal know and are using it to control Ashley.

Tesla is just so much fun to watch and he could have easily become the purely evil, 2-dimensional villain, but in the capable of hands of both the actor playing him and TPTB he is more than that. Certainly, the level of detail TPTB bring to the Sanctuary-verse helps us to understand (to an extent) Tesla's reasons for doing what he has attempted in a previous episode. If the vampires as a species were all that we were being led to believe, then common sense (from Tesla's point-of-view) would dictate the necessity of an attempt to revive them to their former glory. Of course, from humanity's perspective this would be oh-so-bad, but nonetheless understandable. What is definitely intriguing from a characterization standpoint is his loyalty to The Five. Granted, he could have some ulterior motive that we are unaware of, but I'll choose to think he still genuinely cares for these people.....deep, deep, down. I also liked the little glimpse of his fears. For all his power and strength, the fact that he still fears something (even if it is his own death by electrocution) is a nice touch.

This is getting lengthy. I'll save you lot and reserve my last points for later.
                      sigpic

Comment

HUH? I didnt think it aired yet or did my DVR not record it in which case the world has ended.

Comment

Sci-Fi stopped for Xmas..... ITV4 here in the uk didn't... we got the finale on Monday while you'll get it on friday like normal

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Loved it.

Ash
                            Spoiler:
                            But they better explain how/why Ash want dark side!

The five
                            Spoiler:
                            Loved the dif between the trials LOL Daddy Magnus really did not like Tesla. His teste was the only difficult one.
                            And Girffins' was a peace of cake. I mean the girl was green but a vet wouldve done that with his eyes closed!
                            Last edited by kes; 06 January 2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              The five
                              Spoiler:
                              Loved the dif between the testes LOL Daddy Magnus really did not like Tesla. His teste was the only difficult one.
                              And Girffins' was a peace of cake. I mean the girl was green but a vet wouldve done that with his eyes closed!
                              I'm sorry. I know you didn't mean it like it reads, but I spit my coffee out at that one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                I'm sorry. I know you didn't mean it like it reads, but I spit my coffee out at that one.

LOL

Ok no more joke. Edited

Comment

Working...
                                X