• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revelations, Part 2 (113)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    REVELATIONS, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113

Magnus and the others infiltrate the underground tunnels in search of the Source, and must face a gauntlet of challenges tailored to their unique abilities. Meanwhile, the Cabal tries to turn Ashley against her mother, and to bring out Henry's animal side permanently.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 16 February 2021, 12:22 AM.

Wow wow wow. On the whole it was an excellent episode and I loved it. It was full of angst and sadness and was played brilliantly by them all, even Clara wasn't too annoying this episode.

Helen

Spoiler:
    Her test turned out to be a mental challenge, so it seems her only gift was immortality

Watson

Spoiler:
    I guessed early on he was going to die. It was very sad to see him go and Helen's reaction was poignant. It was lovely to see John and Tesla where emotionally reacting to his passing too, despite the antagonism between them all

Ashley

Spoiler:
    Again, I figured quite early on that the Cabal where going to get control of her, the question is, was it voluntery on Ashley's part or mind control. I assume it's mind control of some sort, that she hasn't just come around to their way of thinking. I don't see them being able to offer Ashley anything to make her willingly turn against Helen. This seemed even more obvious when Henry managed to break out and there was no one around. It totally screamed "They are letting you escape" She can teleport like John!

There were plently of excellent lines for them all and I loved John's anguish when Watson pushed him over the Ripper Murders. It seems he really is suffering for what he did.

It ended on a cliff hanger and I'll be eagerly awaiting season 2.

Big Ashley/ending spoiler

Spoiler:
    It ended with us seeing the edge of a purple flash when Helen was examining the blood, she looks over and the vial has gone. She assumes it was Druitt who took it and confronts him angrily. He denies taking it and Helen realises rapidly that it had to have been Ashley. Ashley teleported in, took the blood, ported out to Easter Island where she handed it over to Cabal lady.
    Last edited by Mousie; 05 January 2009, 01:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

[SurferVoice]Whoa![/SurferVoice]

blimey that was an ending and a half....

Spoiler:
      When did Ashley get the power to teleport? I definately didn't see THAT coming!

Who else thought Watson was gonna say....

Spoiler:
      Will, I am your father as he died? their power is so similar, Watson just had longer to hone his skills...

Shame he died though....

And what happened to
      Spoiler:
      Bigfoot?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

That's all well and good and makes me very impatient to see the actual episode on Friday, but.....

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY

....who was shirtless?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, wow, wow! Twists and turns galore in this episode but it's left us with lots of questions like who are the Cabal and do they really want what they say they want - with how it ended, I very much doubt it.

Lots of angst, a few surprises, and a couple of things which were obvious from an early stage has certainly left me wanting more.

Overall a very good first season, like most new shows, I have my favourite episodes and some were stronger than others. I'm glad they managed to move away from the "well this is the homage to X-Files and this is the homage to Star Trek" that some of the early episodes had, even though I still enjoyed them.

Bring on season 2 I say.

Elaine

Comment

Spoiler:
            Will and Clara, Will was down to his boxers and Clara completely bare.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
              Spoiler:
              Will and Clara, Will was down to his boxers and Clara completely bare.
              No Henry?

:: pouts ::
              sigpic

Comment

Yes! I can't believe I forgot that! So much happened it slipped my mind. There was Henry chest on display!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh wow!

That was....breathtakingly awesome for a first season finale. I saw bits of it coming but, even then, not too far ahead of it actually happening and, I almost think that's how it should be. Some amazing dialogue an just clever stuff. I'm almost sad I can't Sky+ it now. When's it on again? Oh Wednesday you say? Oh I shall so be rewatching that one.

I'm sorry, I wish that was more of an intelligent review but, frankly, I need to rewatch it with my jaw closed first and then I might stop fangurling everyone involved in Sanctury to post something rational!

I so promised myself I would not get into a TV series like this again. Oh dear!
                  sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Loved It.

Spoiler:

Pity Watson died. Loved his character. Loved Henry's reaction when he battered the door. Wow shirtless Henry and Will!
                    I thought the trials they had to go through to retrieve the vial of blood were just different enough to be interesting. The talk between Watson and Druitt was good. It does seem to show that they are taking Druitt down the path of redemption rather than make him bad again.

Ashley! It was a bit obvious that something like that would happen but even so I liked how they did it and it seems she's inherited her fathers gift as well. Interesting set up for season 2.

Cliffhangers!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Oh wow!

That was....breathtakingly awesome for a first season finale. I saw bits of it coming but, even then, not too far ahead of it actually happening and, I almost think that's how it should be. Some amazing dialogue an just clever stuff. I'm almost sad I can't Sky+ it now. When's it on again? Oh Wednesday you say? Oh I shall so be rewatching that one.
                      Did you know that ITV4 has a +1 hour channel as well. You can watch it once again straight after.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                        Yes! I can't believe I forgot that! So much happened it slipped my mind. There was Henry chest on display!
                        :: flails ::

Now I seriously can't wait for this episode to air over on my side of the pond.

sigpic

Comment

look on the bright side... you get to see EATG before us brits.

I only have one..... downer with the episode....the one bit of female toplessness... and she was invisible or had her knees in the way

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It was a other brilliant episode from the team again.
                            Sad Watson died, but it does seem like Will being Helen apprentice is more by design than destiny.

I love the interactions between all of the five, they all crazy in their own way but the interactions between Druit and Watson showed that they were more friends than enemies. And I just love the twist and turns in the episodes they were just brilliant.

I like the fact Henry seemed important to the cabol to and we got a little hint that his people seemed still to be around and the Cabol have been having some kind of trouble with them.

What Cabol ultimate plan is more illusive than ever, they seem to want to create abnormals super solders, whiles developing a weapon to wipe them all out and then release this weapon to fall Magnus into obtaining the Vampire blood for them.
                            Either they are abnormals themselves and the blood to develope a vaccine for themselves or to resurrect the Vampires or to further enhance their super solder, personally I do not see the purpose of the last one given the intelligence the vamps seem to process it would be risky to mix that with their super solders/.
                            The Cabol seem cunning and manipulative and I am loving them.
                            I think their ultimate goal will be reveal eventually through.

I actually liked the invisible women and they seem to be having fun with her and her abilities, any one know if she going to become a regular, I got the feeling she will become a reoccurring character after all Magnus needs someone to take over the England Sanctuary.

Through I would of like to have known who was looking after the Sanctuary while the gang was gone and who was feeding the Abnormals that live their. I would like them to expand on the current residence next season and give us more of an idea on how they live and interact Magnus, she never seem to use their abilities for protection or to help her achieve her goals. Through this most likely budgetary reasons. But I can dream of them doing a episode through the eyes of the abnormals cannot I, A Day In The Life of a Abnormal. As well as this introducing us to the other sanctuaries and their leaders would be good, why we get hints that the Sanctuary is apart of a far bigger organisation, I would like to see how big it is.

A perfect season, with some outstanding episodes and I look forward to next season and finding out some answers to questions, like is Ashley gonna stay evil, will Druit stay good or will he gets is mojo back and will Tesla be the next bad guy and well what did Magnus get up to in world war 2.

Comment

Ahhh... chills down my spine...

Awesome episode. Loved the interaction between the five, the events, loved that Nicola stayed to work with Helen... ah, there's nothing I didn't like in this ep.

Spoiler:
                              About Helen's powers, I don't think we saw everything there is in her. I certainly hope not. I mean, yeah, it's cool that she gets to live long, but everyone else has something else going on.

I think John doesn't have longevity as he has Helen's blood in him so that's why he survived for so long, Nicola is a vampire so it's natural that he can't die (at least not of old age), as for James, he had machines to sustain him, and we already know that Griffin died.

Laughed so much when Nicola made that comment about Gregory.

I was so disappointed that James died... I wanted for him to be alive as well as the others. Loved the way John and James discussed what happened in the past, and James dying felt like the final release for John.

As for John and Helen... love their chemistry. They have so much subtlety going on, just wonderful.

John's concern for Ashley was just so sweet, and Helen's realization at the end was heartbreaking.

I want moreeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                              X