No announcement yet.

Warriors (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I missed something but did say how Helen's dad could still be alive?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This one had "filler" written all over it...
      2/10

Comment

I'm not sure I like this episode, I'll have to watch it again when I have more time and decide exactly what I do and don't like. I knew going in that I wouldn't like the fight element but that's just me. I'm not sure I like the concept of Gregory Magnus being alive though I did enjoy watching Helen's and Ashley's reaction to him.

I liked the character moments and the elements setting up for a Cabal showdown in later episodes but ...

Yeah there's a but there, I guess I'm going to need to sort out why on future viewings.

Please note that I'm not picking on you but I guess I've heard or read something like this one too many times...

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        Leave the 'homages' to Stargate, along with the parasite in the neck (bug, Goa'uld). Little flickers of Stargate are fun, but I would rather not see Sanctuary having whole story lines/concepts that mirror it.
        It wasn't an homage to Stargate. It wasn't an homage to anything but rather something to do with human physiology and is something that has cropped up in science fiction since people started writing it.

It's a pet peeve of mine recently about the number of younger people whinging about X being done in a previous recent program and therefore it belongs to that program and shouldn't be used in another. Lots of concepts were used in Stargate that had been used before, including this concept, and they'll be used again in the future. Get used to it. So long as it is only an element at a conceptual level and the writer puts their own spin on it then they aren't copying your favourite program from the 1990's or my favourite program from the 1960's or my favourite story from the 1800's or my Dad's favourite movie from the 1940's. I'd start worrying when they start mirroring reams of dialogue, then it becomes a ripoff.

Sorry for the venting, it's not directed at you it's just a pet peeve of mine and the straw that broke the camel's back.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          so far, the good

what we're finding out about helen. and i wonder which of the beatles she 'knew'

we get a glimpse into the kabal and just how mean and inhumane they are. and a hint of the future with a mention of 'the cleansing'...so they're using the fights to 'field test' super soldiers to make an army to go out and kill off abbys I'd guess.
          or the humans.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          This one had "filler" written all over it...
          2/10
          Actually it had set up for future episodes written all over it. Daddy/the bug did something to the Sanctuary, the cleansing (Human or Abnormal I wonder) what ever the Kabul will something better than their other solders to deal Tesla. The super Solders.

The only real disappointment I had at the end was that Henry did not transform in to the creature and started a fight between the two them. Personally would of had helen walk in and dart both of them.

The only other thing is that was how super will look, it was a bit over the top.
          Last edited by knowles2; 13 December 2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I liked this episode better than I thought I would. Not too crazy about the fight club scenes. It was the father/daughter scenes that I really loved. Gregory isn't quite Jacob yet, but he has potential. I hope he becomes a recurring character. I was really hoping to see a mother/daughter focused episode this year. Maybe in S2.

Questions:

Was Gregory her real father or a clone?

Were all of the flashback scenes taken from the webisodes?

I didn't hear a compelling reason why Gregory couldn't stay. Did I miss it?

Mike

Comment

He didn't stay because the Cabal would be after him and didn't want to endanger Helen or her Sanctuary.

Yes, the flashbacks were from the webisodes.

It's more likely that he's a clone, but he could be the original as well. They're rewriting history, so I think it's possible he discovered a way to preserve himself.

Comment

What I liked about this was how Henry ran to Will as the first one. He surely knows this control loss from the first hand. And how Will asked him for help...I would love to see this friendship more developed.

I really liked the scene with Ashley, how she started to yell at her grandfather. It was a nice scene for her.

The muscles were horrible and it also reminded me of Hulk Not in a bad way but I would prefer if it weren´t over so quickly. Will was perfectly fine in the end of the episode - it was a little like a Stargate effect where they are trying to end everything in one episode. I would love to see some comfort from Helen, Ashley and Henry. Not just a cold medical statement from Helen.

But I wonder what Danny meant by the "I never saw someone to be affected that quickly" or something like that. Would it mean that Will is truly special in some ways? And will this all experience have an effect on him in the future? I´d love to see it Nice line where Will mentioned his mother again - a continuity.

I liked both lines. It´s interesting to see Helen´s past and I am glad that her father survived. I liked him and I hope we will see him again.

I would have also liked Will´s line, but it was so rushed - there was so much wasted potential.

(Sorry for my English, it´s late here)

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  wait, now why did helen's dad not age? i'm not even sure i like that he's still alive. i liked helen being the only one in the family to have the longevity.
                  Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                  He didn't stay because the Cabal would be after him and didn't want to endanger Helen or her Sanctuary.

Yes, the flashbacks were from the webisodes.

It's more likely that he's a clone, but he could be the original as well. They're rewriting history, so I think it's possible he discovered a way to preserve himself.
                  The footage of young Helen was reused, but the rest of the scenes from the flashbacks were reshot.

I got the impression that the Cabal thawed him out. It looked like ice falling from his hand. I'm thinking that when he disappeared, he had become lost and frozen in the wilderness somewhere. They found him. Though Helen did make a comment about "the quality I inherited from you", I thought her longevity was supposed to come from the vampire blood.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

great episode not as good as requiem but still good

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    The footage of young Helen was reused, but the rest of the scenes from the flashbacks were reshot.

I got the impression that the Cabal thawed him out. It looked like ice falling from his hand. I'm thinking that when he disappeared, he had become lost and frozen in the wilderness somewhere. They found him. Though Helen did make a comment about "the quality I inherited from you", I thought her longevity was supposed to come from the vampire blood.
                    i got that impression too, when you saw him thawing out, at first i thought it was part of experiments conducted on mr magnus but this makes more sense

that was not about the retarded aging, it was directed towards her fathers stubborness
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      And I vote for Ringo being who Helen watched the sun come up with.
                      Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      I'm goin' with John as the Beatle she saw the sun come up with. hehe.

I would love if her real father was around a bit and we got flashbacks into how he mentored her and taught her.

EDIT: Oops, forgot, I liked the Moroccan scene and Ashley's tea pouring. =)
                      My vote is it was John Lennon that Helen spent some "time" with!! I wonder how far they will take this history thing with Helen and how many famous people she has been around...and who does she see now who is famous??

I think it would be great to have her father around and have some more flashbacks to their relationship and their work together...that would be a good thing!

As for the Moroccan scene...I loved it too...it was nice to see them chillax'n and eating with their hands!!! ...Cool!!
                      Originally posted by mapsc View Post
                      It was the father/daughter scenes that I really loved.
                      Yep...they were lovely!
                      Questions:

Was Gregory her real father or a clone?
                      I'm figuring he was a clone.
                      Were all of the flashback scenes taken from the webisodes?
                      I believe, yes they were!!
                      I didn't hear a compelling reason why Gregory couldn't stay. Did I miss it?
                      He couldn't stay because of the Cabal. I really do not like the Cabal.
                      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      You know, those flashback scenes of Helen from the webisodes never did anything for me...there was just something not right about the way the young girl talked...it just wasn't Helen-ish!
                      I got the impression that the Cabal thawed him out. It looked like ice falling from his hand.
                      I thought at first it might have been ice but then I thought it almost looked like a gel like substance...so I'm betting on him being cloned!
                      Though Helen did make a comment about "the quality I inherited from you", I thought her longevity was supposed to come from the vampire blood.
                      I think Helen was talking about another characteristic...stubbornness???...I'll have to re watch it now...but I don't think it had anything to do with the longevity...that's already been confirmed as a result of Helen mucking around with Vampire blood.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

The only other thing is that was how super will look, it was a bit over the top.
                        i think it would have been a bigger impact if will just looked like himself, but with super strength powers. maybe his face a bit deformed like his friend, but not the incredible hulk look.

so after thinking this ep through, and talking about it with my mom, it's two main things i didn't enjoy about this episode. 1, will turning into that muscle creature, and 2, helen's dad not aging like her.

what i did enjoy were the opening sequence, and the helen/father dialog and scenes.

and boy... this might not be nice, but boy did i see just how much better amanda is as an actor than everyone else in this episode. sorry everyone else

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

This episode really didn't do too much for me, at all. The only part I really liked was the back-story on Helen and her father.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

that was the high point, finding out more about helen
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, after Requiem I said this show has become awesome. I am now afraid to even watch this ep after reading the reviews which are even worse than SGA's ep for the same night. Should I even bother with this ep? If it's a stand alone it will not add to the story arc, which I am still trying to figure out what it is.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Wow, after Requiem I said this show has become awesome. I am now afraid to even watch this ep after reading the reviews which are even worse than SGA's ep for the same night. Should I even bother with this ep? If it's a stand alone it will not add to the story arc, which I am still trying to figure out what it is.
                                i'd say go ahead and watch it. it does have some nice things in it.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X