Since When has Teyla had the ATA therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since When has Teyla had the ATA therapy

When Teyla and Ronan were teamed up together Teyla had a life signs detector. When did teyla get the Therapy?
    supersoldier34sigpic

Maybe the writers forgot.

Or, they decided to give it offscreen. But then wouldn't they have done it in earlier seasons already?

Or, they decided to rewire the LSD's (offscreen, again) so they work without ATA.

Wait -- didn't the writers decide to dump the ATA mythology?

In any case ... whatever.

Comment

Zalenka used a LSD in Reunion and does not have the ATA gene!
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

It just really bugs me. Next Ronan will be using the Chair

HAHA thought you meant LSD the drug at first
        supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I believe the ATA gene is only required to activate the device. All she was doing was carrying it around and looking at it. She didn't do anything else with it. For all we know, Shepard activated it. (Speculation. I don't have an actual evidence. I am just assuming this, but I also thought there was a time this was mentioned.)

If not, then the other case scenario is that they don't require the ATA gene. Simple as.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

*snort*

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
              It just really bugs me. Next Ronan will be using the Chair
              *giggles at the image*

And no. I have not even seen this episode. *g*

Comment

From the Seige part 2, when the wraith got into Atlantis and Everett was talking to Sheppard

SHEPPARD: Well, we have this. (He reaches into his jacket, takes out a lifesigns detector and shows it to Everett, who looks at the many dots blinking on its screen.) It can't differentiate between Wraith and human but if we confine all base personnel to designated areas, the blips that show up out of bounds will be the likely targets.

EVERETT: Let me see that.

SHEPPARD (handing him the detector): Won't do you any good. You need the gene.

(Everett holds up the detector to show that it's still working.)

EVERETT: I got the gene therapy too.

I just think that the writers forget what needs the gene and what doesn't, or who does and doesn't have it.
                there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Sheppard's feet hang over the foot rest... I can just see Ronon with his legs way out there!

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                    I just think that the writers forget what needs the gene and what doesn't, or who does and doesn't have it.
                    WRITE it down.

Comment

So much for the writer's bible.

Yeah, I saw that and went, gee, since when can she use the LSD??

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                        From the Seige part 2, when the wraith got into Atlantis and Everett was talking to Sheppard

SHEPPARD: Well, we have this. (He reaches into his jacket, takes out a lifesigns detector and shows it to Everett, who looks at the many dots blinking on its screen.) It can't differentiate between Wraith and human but if we confine all base personnel to designated areas, the blips that show up out of bounds will be the likely targets.

EVERETT: Let me see that.

SHEPPARD (handing him the detector): Won't do you any good. You need the gene.

(Everett holds up the detector to show that it's still working.)

EVERETT: I got the gene therapy too.

Heh, oh well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Too be honest though, Teyla holding the LSD which is appeared to be "activated" is such a minor plot hole that it doesn't bother me.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

From "Irresponsible"

McKAY: How is it that you’re able to operate the Ancient technology without the A.T.A. gene?

LUCIUS: Oh, that was easy. All I had to do was find a guy with the gene, have him initiate the device. I mean, it took a long time but, you know, once it was done, I could activate this thing any time I wanted.
                          This seems to indicate that you don't actually need the ATA gene to use Ancient technology, you just have to have it activated by someone with the gene. Obviously someone with the gene activated Teyla's LSD.
                          Meh...

Comment

Well then, with the quotes cited above in "Siege II" the writers just contradicted themselves.

So much for that writer's bible. Oh, wait, there is none.

Comment

If I recall correctly, there was a fair amount of criticism regarding Lucius being able to use the shield, and personally I still don't think it makes sense the way they did it.

The ATA gene was a big deal back in S1, and you had to have it to operate certain things. But after that, things kind of fell apart. Ford and Michael being able to fly the jumpers, Lucius and the shield, Teyla and Larrin being able to use the LSDs. I guess the writers just decided to ignore it when it got in the way. Kinda like Teyla's vanishing and reappearing wraith powers.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X