This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. "Why are empty hive ships even more creepier than the ones full of Wraith?".

2. Shep did seem particularly ruthless here.

3. And yet, he respects Todd enough to let him go in the end.

First good ep for a bit.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A slightly better ep.

Todd was brave asking for our help again. Lucky we are so curious.

Yes empty hive ships are creepier than full ones.

Flesh eating Wraith soldiers. Creepy.

The CGI of the ship hitting the water was very poor. Not up to the series standards at all.
      sigpic

Comment

This is a rare good episode for Atlantis. Its another one of those epiosdes that it was a shame that Atlantis was cancelled. I would have liked to see more development to see Keller's virus and its impact with Todd. It felt like just because it injured so many people that their were more stories to tell about it. It was interesting insight to see the Wraith able to eat like normal humans. Yes I understand it created a cancer like this episode. But that just gives us more insight into the Wraith as the people. The general premise of the episode is just basically them running around the ship trying to survive while it breaks apart. That is okay but it is nothing ground breaking. I like it for what it introduces of Keller's virus and what it does to Wraith and the confrontations Sheppherd and Todd have in this episode. It brings new insight into the Face mask Wraiths and the ship which is a lot more interesting then the average running around the ship
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

It would have been nice to see whether they could fix the issue with it.. OR whether the virus it gave hives ships could be implemented as a weapon.

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

Photo

INFECTION (517)

What is it they say about the road to Hell being paved with good intentions? Oh, yeah. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. On the one hand, our heroes have discovered a means of weaning wraith off their need to feed. On the other hand, the solution transforms the wraith into hideous mutations. Well, what do they say about having to break a few eggs to make an omelette? Oh, yeah. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Hmmmm. I know at least one pale, soul-sucking alien who might take offense.

All in all, a great monster-themed episode, and the last Stargate script by writer-producer Alan McCullough.

Photos:

Writer-producer Alan McCullough receiving script notes from actor Paul McGillion (ie. Why isn’t Dr. Beckett in this episode?)

Uh, is this the guy who’s gonna be eating my face?

Make sure to get my good side!

Human and creature, side by side, enjoying their downtime together. We’ve come a long way, baby!

They say that wraith make the best directors. And, by “they”, I refer to the wraith.

Nerd wraith alert!

Touch-ups to ensure they’re looking their worst.

Two short BTS vids:
            http://i2.wp.com/videos.videopress.c...d.original.jpg
            http://i2.wp.com/videos.videopress.c...d.original.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

This was creepy.
              It was exciting to hear more of Keller's virus.

Todd/Shep were at it again. Todd must be the main "villain" now that Michael is dead?

It was interesting to see the team survive a landing like that. The special effects were not special though, it looked like something from the 90's ...

Comment

Working...
              X