This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science Fiction Universe World Building Group

I thought I would post this here. Just to see if anyone might be interested.

The group is already going strong and we need about 5 to 9 more people.

So, I'm look for anyone that wants to join a forum that will be building a universe that is based in science fiction. Think: Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Stargate (I've named only tv and movies). (This will not be a spin off of any of the shows listed. This group will be for world building an orignal Science Fiction Universe). The idea is to make a world that could work for novels, short stories, scripts or games. The world building will take place on a forum that will be password protected.

We'll try and build fully thought out galaxies, systems, planets, aliens, technology and more. We can even go into how each group of aliens think of other aliens. How they deal with first contact how they deal with groups with lower technology and more.

By joining the group you agree that any information you post can be used by anyone on the group and that the information on the board will not be posted anywhere else by any member. I do also want to make sure that if people do leave the group any information that they have posted stays with the group.

Like I've already said, there is openings for 5 to 9 more people. I don't want to have to large of group and at the same time to small of group.

If you don't think you have time for the group here something to help you decided: I don't expect anyone that joins to drop everything. Maybe people will spend hours building something for the group and someone will only have a few minutes to drop in notes. The group needs both kinds of members. Most of all I want the group to be fun and to help stretch each members imagination of world building.

I'm also hoping that we can find a few artists to draw some items that will be created if we want to go down that road.

And finally the link:

http://s13.invisionfree.com/SF_Universe_Group/

I will have to validate your name once you sign up.

You have something like that already, at: http://www.galaxiki.org/
    And they did the rather smart thing, sent invitations to all academic university staff (most of them has Ph.D.) in the countries they cover. That's how they plan to keep the science part real.
    Check it out.

Comment

I have never heard of this place. I searched before I set up the group I have going too.
      Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by magicalbookworm View Post
        I have never heard of this place. I searched before I set up the group I have going too.
        Thanks for the link.
        It's quite new. I know about it because I'm one of the academic staff they invited in. However, I did not actually wrote a single line there yet...

Comment

ah, I just started to invite people into my group this week. I put it off for a month while Nanowrimo was going on.

Comment

Well, do the same, go to the academic staff list of the universities and send invitations. You might get some response, many of us are SF fans. Huge SF fans.
            (Just small advice, you have more chances if you target graduate students or fresh postdoc instead of professors. Professors will not even read your mail. They are too busy.)

Comment

Working...
            X