BAMSR Wraith hives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAMSR Wraith hives

This has been going through my head for a while now and I just wanted to get your thoughts on it. We all know the Assurans use virtually identical tech to the Ancients but how did they not see the Wraith ships making there regular stops like they had to during the eps building upto 'The Seige'.

Surely they would have detected them as Atlantis has picked up Wraith ships near Atlantis alot and the Hives would have had to have made the same stops. Also Atlantis's sensors picked up the Daedalus in 'The Return pt2' when it was in hyperspace on it's way to nuke Atlantis so couldn't the Assurans have detected the 304's aswell.

Any explanations?
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
    This has been going through my head for a while now and I just wanted to get your thoughts on it. We all know the Assurans use virtually identical tech to the Ancients but how did they not see the Wraith ships making there regular stops like they had to during the eps building upto 'The Seige'.

Surely they would have detected them as Atlantis has picked up Wraith ships near Atlantis alot and the Hives would have had to have made the same stops. Also Atlantis's sensors picked up the Daedalus in 'The Return pt2' when it was in hyperspace on it's way to nuke Atlantis so couldn't the Assurans have detected the 304's aswell.

Any explanations?
    ive got 2 possibilitys:

1) they saw them coming but had no other choice except to fight them and they outnumbered our fleet 2 to 1 and felt confident of victory. i mean they might have even won if we hadn't used the FRAN strategy.

2) weve found a way to shield our ships from their long range sensors because the asgards were able to do this b/c we didint piuck them up untill they were right on the city. also this makes sense b/c their ships should have seen our ships sitting at their destination waiting for them to get there and blow them up yet they didint and came out of hyperspace surprised.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Previously didn't McKay or Zalenka have to calibrate Atlantis sensors to detect Hives in a specific area of hyperspace (I'm thinking of during season 1 of SGA), particularly where that souped up long range Dart came from.

Apparently Asuran tech isn't as advanced as the Ancients so that could perhaps account for the range of their sensors and not detecting the Human, Traveler, Wraith fleet until just before it was exiting Hyperspace.

Comment

Well, because the Ancients were battling the Wraith before they left, it is possible they calibrated Atlantis' sensors to detect Wraith ships. When the Long Range sensors became re-activated by the Atlantis Expedition, it was still set to detect them. The Asurans weren't expecting a massive fleet of ships to attack their planet, so they weren't looking for any other ships on their sensors.

In "The Return, Part 2" the Asurans knew that the Daedalus was on its way to Atlantis because they Probed Sheppard's team's minds, gaining the knowledge to scan for it.

For course, I don't know any of this for certain... but it's certainly plausible.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post

Any explanations?
          maybe they where not looking,

Atlantis is allways on a look out for the wraith and when the deadalus was coming i think they knew also by proping jack mine

because they had all thous ships in orbit they did not think somebody whould come and attack

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            ive got 2 possibilitys:

1) they saw them coming but had no other choice except to fight them and they outnumbered our fleet 2 to 1 and felt confident of victory. i mean they might have even won if we hadn't used the FRAN strategy.
            I doubt this one because they would have still raised there shields to prepare for the attack yet we know they were offline because railgun slugs hit the hull without resistance.

2) weve found a way to shield our ships from their long range sensors because the asgards were able to do this b/c we didint piuck them up untill they were right on the city. also this makes sense b/c their ships should have seen our ships sitting at their destination waiting for them to get there and blow them up yet they didint and came out of hyperspace surprised.
            Wouldn't they have still detected the Wraith and travler ships though I doubt we would have given that tech to the Wraith.

In "The Return, Part 2" the Asurans knew that the Daedalus was on its way to Atlantis because they Probed Sheppard's team's minds, gaining the knowledge to scan for it.
            I thought they said they had detected it in hyperspace nearly at Atlantis though, Maybe i'm just imagining it.
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

More than likely, they took on their creators edge of over-confidence on a very large scale. Thinking the wraith and us were not match for 30 odd of their ships, they just positioned them above the planet waiting just in case we attacked. Even with the asgard death beams, 7 hives (i think), and two traveler ships, we would've been screwed over. I mean, i dont agree with what people say that asuran tech is similair to the ancients. I mean, they like copying ancient tech, but to what extent can they make that tech efficient?
              e.g shields? the asuran aurora class vessels were owned by few hive shots and dart fire, oh and then two missiles penetrated it. I doubght the death beams would have been that efficient to. but still, the drones were doing damage.

another point would be that they did not know we were coming, or did not rely on intelligence gathered on the attack enough to rally prepare for it.
              in any case we are lucky for the [FRAN PLAN]<lol i like that. without it we would have been slaughtered.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

doesnt it kind of work like radar, as in just in the immediate area unless you focus it in a direction

Comment

Working...
                X