Teal'c: Not as mature as he should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c: Not as mature as he should be?

At time of this episode, Teal'c is a good and 150 years old, nearer 160, I beleive. (101/2 towards the end of season 4(The Light); add 6 years then another 50 in Unending) and yet he's still up for a cockfight with Ronon for three hours? Up to the point of that fist fight, when Carter tells them to stop?

I can understand angry warrior man Ronon going for that but Teal'c is supposed to know better by now. (In fact did we ever see him as belligerent as Ronon? He was unreasoning aggressive when doing the Jaffa Revenge thing but nowhere else that I recall)

Up until that scene Teal'c's an ocean of calm. The mess scene is the epitome of awesome classic stoic Teal'c.

We get it, Ronon's a hard man. Did you really have to go this far to show it?

I would have loved to see that Teal'c had matured beyond this. Instead of them fighting for hours. I'd have like to see Teal'c fall into more of a Bra'tac like roll. Echoing his training scenes in Threshold and The Warrior.

In regards to the Warrior:
    Bra'tac: "You over commit! May I? *takes staff* the weapon is balanced. But the warrior is not. Strive to find balance in battle... and you will survive to find balace in life."

Is it just me or would this speech apply perfectly to Ronon?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Teal'c helps people by relating to them on their level. A good example is Tomin. Tomin is a deep guy who felt guilty about leading an evil army to oppress defenseless people. So Teal'c had a heart-to-heart with him about the similar guilt he feels and doesn't think he'll ever shed.

Ronon on the other hand doesn't seem to care too much about intellectualism, and only really responds to power. Teal'c went on to show him that he is as powerful a warrior as the universe has ever seen. It worked too, Ronon didn't appear to respect Teal'c until after he showed he could match multiple Wraith in hand-to-hand.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

In his fight with Ronnon. He was not angry. No where did he express any emotion. No impulse, No Hate, No excitement simply calm fighting. Even after he killed a Wraith with Ronnon's gun all he said was "I would very much like a weapon such as this."
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I think it was a good way for Teal'c to relate to Ronon on his level.

Comment

Working...
        X