Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I wouldn't like Triple H as Thor, he sound like some superhero on his own. I wonder if SHEILD will make another appearnce in this Marvel movie. But then agian, I remember SHEILD had nothing to do with Thor unitl The Avengers was formed.
    as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarIII View Post
    as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth
    Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.
    that's kind of what i expected.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    STARGAvaTarIII
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...0137376zj2.png

So... Thor 1 will be 300, and Thor 2/Avengers will be Hulk: 'lame' man transforms into powerful being.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    That should be interesting.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Marvel begins search for 'Thor' star
    Thursday, February 19 2009, 14:52 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel and Paramount are pressing ahead with plans to turn comic book Thor into a movie.

According to Coming Attractions, a casting notice has been released by producers asking for an actor in his 20s to portray the eponymous god of thunder, described as "physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant and wild".

Daniel Craig, Kevin McKidd and WWE wrestler Triple H have all been rumoured for the role of Donald Blake, a partially disabled doctor who becomes the hammer-wielding hero.

Thor will begin filming in July under the direction of Kenneth Branagh. It is expected to arrive in cinemas on July 16, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...thor-star.html

I can't wait until they cast someone. Then things will get interesting.

"...phu...ah..."

Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
    Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=8118

James Preston Rogers wants a shot at the role of Thor!

In the contest to play the strongman Norse superhero in the upcoming Marvel Studios movie Thor, Canadian James Preston Rogers' name is being mentioned alongside big-name stars like Brad Pitt, Gerard Butler and Karl Urban.
    You probably have never heard of James Preston Rogers, but at 6-foot-6, Rogers clearly towers above the competition. The former doorman/bouncer, who's only been acting for three years, is in the running in part thanks to a growing Internet campaign on MySpace, Facebook, petitiononline.com, IMDb and YouTube.

"The thing about Thor, he's probably going to be one of the most complete roles I'll ever get being 6-foot-six. It's probably the closest to (playing) Hamlet I'll ever get," Rogers joked in an interview with the Toronto Star(news paper)

With his blue eyes, blond hair and a well-muscled frame, Rogers agent Claire Sim noted: "Honestly, you can't beat James as Thor. He's got all the physical aspects. I think Marvel could make some money even if they use a (relative) unknown."

With actor Kenneth Branagh on board as director and a tentative July 2010 release date, Sim (JPR's agent) has been busily courting the studio(Marvel) for the past ten months and believes Rogers has a realistic chance of landing the role.

You might have seen James in the movie 'Outlander', a sci-fi Viking flick starring James Caviezel and Ron Perlman. "I had the time of my life riding a horse, swinging an axe," said Rogers, who plays Bjorn. "So you trade the axe in for a hammer and it seems like a perfect fit for me."

It's been a slow rise for Rogers, 36, who got his first role as a wrestler in a Mr. Big commercial that ran nationally without having a headshot or an agent.
    Since then, Sim said, Rogers has gotten successively bigger and better roles, working alongside actors like Tom Selleck in 2007's Sea Change and Rogers recently filmed a part in Defendor, starring Woody Harrelson and Sandra Oh, which was shot in Toronto last fall.
    Yesterday, Rogers learned he's got an audition for the upcoming U.S. television series, Spartacus, set to film in New Zealand.

Rogers said he also turned down a lucrative contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

"The thing about wrestling for me is that it got down to playing just one role. I kind of gave up the fame and fortune to do what I wanted to

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/M...S/news/?a=6428

Thor and the Silver Surfer were two of my all time favorite Marvel characters (along with the mad god "Michael") and I have high hopes for the movie. Certainly Iron Man exceeded all my expectations, so we shall see. I think they should also try to introduce Wonder Man or someone similar - I recall he was part of the Avengers (where are those old comics when I need them).

I would not want to see Triple H as Thor. It would like bring the movie down to the level of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian. I have my sights set higher then that.
    Last edited by Espeon1962; March 9th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
    ---------------------
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Hartnett, Skarsgård touted for 'Thor'
    Wednesday, March 11 2009, 19:04 GMT

Josh Hartnett and Alexander Skarsgård have been linked with roles in Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie.

According to IESB.net, Hartnett is interested in taking on the role of villain Loki in the Marvel adaptation after seeing Heath Ledger's success as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Loki is based on the Norse god of mischief who regularly battles his adoptive brother Thor in the Marvel comic series.

In addition, Alexander Skarsgård is the latest name to be linked to the title role. The True Blood actor, who is the son of Mamma Mia! star Stellan Skarsgård, is reportedly the frontrunner to land the coveted part ahead of Channing Tatum.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-for-thor.html

Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
    Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-avengers.html

Josh Hartnett, Natalie Portman and a new release date for THOR!!

These kind of stories would usually fall into the rumor category but not only has Nikki Finke been spot on about some scoops at Marvel for a good number of weeks now (Rourke, Johansson, Jackson in IRON MAN 2) but these reports are very much in line from what I’ve been hearing personally and from other sites.

First up, it’s reported that Natalie Portman is Kenneth Branagh’s first choice to play the lead female role, probably the love interest Amora the Enchantress…

For the lead role of THOR, the following actors are said to have screentested…

Josh Hartnett - Kenneth Branagh who is a close personal friend of Hartnett and was impressed by his performance in Othello on stage in London has made it clear he wants Hartnett in the picture either as THOR or the villain LOKI.

Physically, he most definitely suits the latter and at this point it looks like he will play the villain part. Some heads at Marvel wanted him to play the lead THOR because of his name status, though I say it’s been a while since Harnett has been a Marquee figure.

Alexander Skarsgård - 6?4 son of veteran actor Stellan and star of GENERATION KILL and TRUE BLOOD. We spoke about the dinner meeting he had with Branagh

Tom Hiddelston, British actor who worked with Branagh on the t.v. series WALLANDER recently. He is a 27 year old London born actor who has yet to appear in a feature film. Must be seen as an outsider choice.

Charlie Hunnam, Newcastle born 28 year old actor who is the co-star of the U.S. series SONS OF ARNACHY. He has appeared in CHILDREN OF MEN and HOOLIGANS.

Liam Hemsworth, the younger brother of Chris Hemsworth (who is playing Kirk’s father in flashback scenes in STAR TREK) and is an alumni of Neighbours. He has recently appeared in KNOWING and has been offered a signifciant role in THE EXPENDABLES after Stallone was impressed by the kids tape reel.

Joel Kinnaman, Sweedish American actor who has been in the game for about six years

From the looks of them, only Skarsgård fills me with much hope and I’m glad to hear that he has screen tested for the role. I think they are probably right to cast an unknown in this part but the thought of Natalie Portman and Josh Hartnett stinking up the screen is just panic inducing.

They are exactly the kind of actors I feared would jump on board once Branagh was hired to direct, they are most definitely his kind of actors.

In a further update, Marvel for the second time in a week have changed the release date of the picture. THOR will now open on May 20th, 2011 instead of June 16th, 2011 moving away just slightly further from THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA which opens on July 22nd.

SPIDER-MAN 4 will kick off Marvel’s year in 2011, opening May 6th and with TRANSFORMERS and HARRY POTTER installments coming in July of that month, any chance of THE DARK KNIGHT sequel coming that year must have truly vanished now.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/thor...e-for-thor.php

Branagh & Thor Are Team Players For Marvel

Kenneth Branagh, the director for the upcoming Marvel film Thor, is proving why he’s the perfect choice for the gig.

MTV News spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada and they spent time discussing Branagh and how well he is playing into the bigger picture of the Marvel universe and their intertwining stories.

“[Branagh] understood that there was this very, very big tapestry of the Marvel movies… There’s continuity within the movies and he really wanted to play within that and wanted it to be part of the other movies.”
    Unlike Nolan and his stance on keeping his Batman away from the rest of the DC Universe and their movies, Branagh is a team player and is working towards the Marvel films designed as a connected family of movies leading up to the ultimate team-up movie in The Avengers.

“He was really, really loving the interconnectivity between all of these characters,” said Quesada, “and even thinking ahead as to how does ‘Thor’ interrelate with the ‘Iron Man’ movies. How will he interrelate with the Avengers movies, and how do we set these things up.”
    Branagh wrote, directed and acted in several Shakespeare films such as Much Ado About Nothing, Love’s Labour’s Lost and Henry V. Needless to say, he’s extremely talented and his background perfectly suits him to helm the Thor movie.

I’m very excited for this Marvel film, maybe even slightly more than some of the other films on Marvel’s release schedule. I believe Branagh will do this film justice and will help set the stage for The Avengers and hopefully more sequels and team-up films down the road.

On another positive note, it sounds like they may be getting close to casting the lead role for this film.

Thor opens in theaters at its new later date of June 17, 2011.

http://screenrant.com/kenneth-branagh-awesome-rob-6247/

I can't wait until they cast Thor.

"...phu...ah..."

Probie

Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.
    Q: Up all night on forums again?
    A: "Indeed!" Teal'C Stargate: SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by rramarr View Post
    Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.
    I agree. Thor should definitely have a tough and rugged look.

"...phu...ah..."

G.I. Thor No More

He told MTV news that he is no longer in the running for the role of the Norse Nutjob..

“I think they’re looking for someone more Nordic-looking,” Tatum said during a press event for his new film, “Fighting.” However, Tatum confirmed that he had indeed been interested in the part, and even met with director Kenneth Branagh about donning the golden locks and toting the mythical hammer.

Ever since Marvel released a public casting-call for “Thor” earlier this year, a number of names have been linked to the role including, most persistently, that of Alexander Skarsgard who certainly matches the “Nordic-looking” requirement. Tatum had no knowledge as to whether Skargard (or anyone else, for that matter) has been offered the role.

Barring an announcement of the lead, work on “Thor” is still certainly moving forward — at least as far as casting rumors would suggest. Last month saw a casting rumor that Natalie Portman had joined the “Thor” lineup, as well as the rumored-casting of Josh Hartnett as lead-villian Loki.

The film also received a release date delay of nearly a year, to June 17, 2011. The updated release gives Branagh a good bit more breathing room and allows him to work in tangent with other directors as Marvel maps out its filmic universe.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=6911

Natalie Portman?! Wonderful! I've always loved her acting and choice of movies. I hope she's in Thor... but as who?
    As for Alexander Skarsgård... He certainly looks the part. Add about 50 pounds of muscle, we're all set.