McKay & Beckett 1/6th Headsculpt signup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay & Beckett 1/6th Headsculpt signup thread

Starting this as weve had some interest in commisioning some headsculpts for 1/6th scale figures (12 inch action figures).

Currently theres 4 sets of McKay and Beckett signed up, we need 10 sets,

We would need 10 people to signup to get them sculpted at $40 each

They can eventually be made into 1/6th scale figures (see below)

Here are 2 Stargate figures already sculpted by Chan Ada and then clothed and geared by Myself and Roll my Blues.

So far the following people have said they would be prepared to purchase them:

Earthgate Ricky x 2 sets
    Mooncat x 1 set
    Roll my Blues x 1 set (provisional)

So that makes 4 of the 10 required, if anyone is willing to buy a set please leave a post stating how many sets. (If your interested in just 1 of McKay or Beckett please post also)

Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 April 2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: Images too wide ,and stretch the forum template.

You can make it official and sign me up for one set.

Great job on getting the ball rolling Mooncat.
    Rope climbing's the reason I got bronze instead of silver in the ParticipACTION programme.

Comment

On the subject of 1/6th sculpts a friend of mine over at the Sideshow Freaks boards posted these (they arent Ada's I think their done by Jim Maddox):

Im gonna try and get all 3 and get them painted by a pro, as my O'Neill looks a little George W for my liking !

EDIT: Turns out these are from Lonnie at H2creative, he was commisioned by a client to produce them, however his agreement procluded making casts, he is asking the client if it is now possible to do so on my behalf
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

wait wait
        40 dollars included painted head with nude body?

I stink at painting faces with my shaky fingers!

Comment

For 40 USD the head would be unpainted and without a body. Just the head. Painted would cost 10 to 15 USD more per head.
          You need to get the body somewhere else. I would recommend ebay. But the prices vary from 10 USD to 40 USD depending on the body you choose. You could use a Hot Toys, a Dragon or a Sideshow body. They have the right neck joints to fit the head. Hot Toys are by far the most expensive bodies, but it always depends on what you want to do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotsheaven View Post
            For 40 USD the head would be unpainted and without a body. Just the head. Painted would cost 10 to 15 USD more per head.
            You need to get the body somewhere else. I would recommend ebay. But the prices vary from 10 USD to 40 USD depending on the body you choose. You could use a Hot Toys, a Dragon or a Sideshow body. They have the right neck joints to fit the head. Hot Toys are by far the most expensive bodies, but it always depends on what you want to do.
            I understand so clear. Send few links for shopping for headless bodies.

Comment

(look out for hands, feet and heads, included heads can be swapped out remember, each body type is different and commands different prices on the bay) I personally recommend the Hot toys truetype (you can get caucasian,asian,black), as a new one in the box comes with spare hands, 2 neck posts and feet

but searching for :

did nude (cheapest an by far the easiest to come by - the image below doesnt show the standard DiD but its similar to the 10" Sideshow)

hot toys nude

sideshow nude or Art S buck

bbi nude

1/6 nude

1/6 body

and variations on all of the above

This may also come in handy a thread discussing body types includes the following useful image for comparing scales and body builds, if you have any questions then Ill try to answer them, if I cant Ill post it in the SSF boards someone there will :

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...ad.php?t=27176

Mod insert : Tagged for wide image.
              Spoiler:

Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 April 2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Mooncat.

I think that "ACE Workshop" bodies are better for Doctors McKay and Beckett, beacuse they have beefs in their bodies than slim or superhero muscle body.

Comment

I would be interested in one set. Thanks...

Comment

I'd like to get a McKay.

Gen. Hammond: "He's really that much worse then the others?"
                    Jackson: "Well of all the Gods he picked to impersonate, he chose the Devil."

Comment

Earthgate Ricky x 2 sets
                      Mooncat x 1 set
                      Roll my Blues x 1 set
                      ifrack x 1 set

Bobtheodd a McKay

Anyone else interested and we might be able to ressurect this ?

Comment

put me down for a set thanks

Comment

Ok a little movement again over here ! a few PM's flying about . . . any more takers ? BDU's on the horizon folks !!! will be showcased by The Good Lieutenant Colonel John Shepperd no less ! obviously in 1/6th scale

Looking at sculptors again. So anyone whose already posted might they re-post again as its been a while since we did a decent headcount ! Painters are also available for those who don't want to have a crack themselves.

Im posting this over at SSF and OneSixth also, heres a reminder of the bar set so far

Last edited by Mooncat; 25 November 2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Earthgate Ricky x 2 sets
                            Mooncat x 1 set
                            Roll my Blues x 1 set
                            ifrack x 1 set

mnfatz (OSW) x 1 set

ironman1188 (OSW) x 1 se
                            t
                            Last edited by Mooncat; 25 November 2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Tell you what we need to be doing posting some head shots (different angles etc for source materials for the sculptor) those subscribing, or dropping in from time to time could you be so kind as to post some reference images please, profiles welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X