X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://scifi.about.com/b/2009/02/18/...il-21.htm?nl=1

Feb 19

Caprica Pilot on DVD April 21

The fact that we're watching the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica is a stark reminder that very soon the show will be gone. The finale airs March 20, and after that, there's going to be no more Starbuck, no more Adamas, no more Cylons...

But it turns out the Cylons, the Adamas, and the folks of the Twelve Colonies will be back sooner than we think. Even though Caprica, the prequel series that will explore the origins of the artificial intelligence that becomes the Cylon race, isn't due to start airing on Sci Fi for months yet (the channel has been vaguely signaling a premiere date sometime in 2010), the feature-length pilot is actually going to be released in April. And in an unusual (and very canny) move, the Caprica preview is bypassing TV broadcast and coming out straight to DVD.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

from an email

Paleyfest

Announcing this year's PALEYFEST lineup!
      See Your Favorite Shows and Stars LIVE!
      On Sale Now—Premium Packages A, B, C
      http://www.paleycenter.org/paleyfest09-premium-packages

Each Premium Package offers two premium seats to four events and two invites to one after-party.
      New for 2009: A Premium Festival Pass—on sale now.
      http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/Sal...32744&pl=paley
      (it's $1,200 by the way)

Package A:
      4/10 It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
      4/11 90210
      4/16 The Big Bang Theory
      4/21 The Hills

Package B (this one will probably sell out)
      4/14 Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
      4/15 Dollhouse
      4/20 Caprica: BSG
      4/23 Fringe

Package C:
      4/13 True Blood
      4/17 the Mentalist
      4/18 Desperate Housewives
      4/22 Big Love

Individual tickets on sale to Members: February 26.
      General Public Tickets: March 1.

Find out about the exciting PaleyFest Sponsorship Opportunities.

Comment

The First look at the DVD box art + few new photos

Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

i thought i'd bump this since the leak has happened

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
            i thought i'd bump this since the leak has happened
            Yeah, thank you, you're great.
            By the way, just a few minutes before I read this post I pre-ordered my copy from amazon
            Can't wait to watch it
            sigpic

Comment

lol just finished watching it im glad i didnt order the dvd i dotn like it enoughfor repeat viewing. hm there was some small changes btwn this and the script posted awhile bak. i can just bet if this came on scifi chan thered have been alot of blurring becuz of the nudity lol fun fun fun. and we see the first version of the cylon

Comment

I've read some reviews and I can't say I like what I'm hearing, not only because the consensus seems to be that it's a soap with the young vibe, but because I'm worried that if it's true that maybe Sci Fi is trying to push SGU in that direction too.

Comment

not done watching it yet but I have to say the butler the greystones have is adorable to me for some reason

also spoilers

Spoiler:
                  wow didnt take long to see the first cylon centurion which was lulzy since it couldent aim worth a damn and Admiral Adama's 69 years old I though he was a slightly younger in BSG

great sound track as well so far *makes note to buy soundtrack*

Edit:I finished it and

le spoilers

Spoiler:
                  while I think It started off slow it got alot better towards the end, the Cylon part was awesome expecially the by your command line, and damn did it get alot better at shooting....plus the music became very galacticaish as well with the Drums and the Remix of ''wander my friends'' from Galactica

so Dvd here I come *hopes they dont release it with the S1 boxset like they did BSG*
                  Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 13 April 2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Mel in Washington, D.C.: Getting so excited for Caprica! Will there be any BSG crossover stuff?

Spoiler:
                    Not in the pilot (available online and on DVD April 21), but according to SciFi veep Mark Stern, "I'm lobbying for that. There will definitely be references to Battlestar in Caprica at some point."

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch..._practice.html

Comment

New Caprica video blog examines the director's process

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/new-cap...eo-blog-ex.php

Comment

The actor portraying Daniel made the pilot ten times better. Truly an awesome character.

Comment

Originally posted by blitzsnake View Post
                          The actor portraying Daniel made the pilot ten times better. Truly an awesome character.
                          Eric Stoltz was really good. I look forward to seeing more from him. Esai Morales as Joseph Adama was really great to watch too. Two very fine actors, with some serious screen presence.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Five minutes in and I'm worried. If this is the sort of thing Sci Fi are pushing for then maybe SGU will be 90210 type stuff after all, because this certainly has been so far.

*edit*

Admittedly the 90210 vibe went away to an extent over time, though I'm still not sure how this will work as a series, it just seems too sombre to be something that people will tune in week in week out for, there's not much intrigue and I didn't think much to the characters either. I'll give it a go but I doubt it's something I'll be waiting in anticipation for.

*edit*

...and that CG was ****ing amazing.
                            Last edited by jenks; 19 April 2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009...w-caprica.html

April 21, 2009

Review: Caprica Spins Religion, Race Into Worthy Galactica Prequel

EXCERPT:

Caprica is a religious experience.

That's not to say the highly anticipated Battlestar Galactica prequel, which comes out on DVD Tuesday, is a blinding experience that will transform you forever. But the movie-length pilot makes it clear that theology will play a huge part in the series when it hits the airwaves in 2010, just as it did in Galactica.

Rest at link above…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/0...w-caprica.html

Review: Caprica Is a Very Different but Worthy Prequel
                              By Matt Blum April 21, 2009 | 6:30:00

Battlestar Galactica this isn't. The pilot episode of Caprica is more grounded, both literally and figuratively. Where BSG depended on the interactions between many strong characters—so many that you could never really guess where any of them was going—Caprica has only a few. Where BSG had tightly-scripted action and life-or-death decisions in every episode, Caprica is slower and more methodical.

Rest at link above…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....galactica.html

excerpt:

Originally posted: April 22, 2009
                                Past is present in 'Caprica,' a 'Battlestar Galactica' prequel

Two men stand and smoke on an urban street corner. One man wears black gloves, which are traditional mourning garb in his culture.
                                “Times like these, old ways are supposed to help, I guess,” the other man says.

But “Caprica” (Universal Studios Home Entertainment; three and a half stars), a meditative film that came out Tuesday on DVD and kicks off an upcoming “Battlestar Galactica” prequel series, is really about new ways and technologies.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X