Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual (313)

Shielding McKay From Sunlight And Falling Citrus

Default Re: Duel (313)

thats not bad episode

i wanted meredith and flint to finally find each other and him finding out claire is his niece

i didnt really like knox so im glad his dead
    i guess sylar doesnt need doyle abilites since he has telekinisis and he might of taken hobo collosus abilty and if he could get it maybe the best way for him was to strench his body to it broke hence the servered arm (maybe)

i loved the bit where meredith cringed when doyle was talking to sylar about her

wanted more screen time from the marine like him getting the upper hand on knox since his a marine he wouldnt really fear knox and knox would be a normal guy

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Really didn't like this episode, awful science and those corny Sylar lines are starting to become unbearable. And how can Arthur be dead, didn't be absorb Adam's healing ability?
    The Haïtian was there, apperantly once you're shot with him there you're a goner!

So this means the Haïtian could easily dispose of Sylar, I think they made him too powerful, the Haïtian could kill every single most powerful character was he given a gun and put to good use. Though apparently his power doesn't last forever, would Sylar be stronger than Petrelli?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
    The Haïtian was there, apperantly once you're shot with him there you're a goner!

So this means the Haïtian could easily dispose of Sylar, I think they made him too powerful, the Haïtian could kill every single most powerful character was he given a gun and put to good use. Though apparently his power doesn't last forever, would Sylar be stronger than Petrelli?
    I thought it was more of a matter of where you were shot. With Claire and Peter we learned that once an object enters the head, you won't heal untill it's removed, and Adam believed that a bullet straight through the head would kill him permanantly. You could also blow the brain to little peices and burn the body so that said person would never regenarate properly. I'm surprised why no one's asked about why Peter isn't dead? I know that this may not be the best place for this question but when Claire lost her power she died of an infection, when Adam lost his he turned to dust. So why isn't Peter dead? The only thing I can think of is that he still had an immune system which would only work if he wasn't using Claire's power. I liked the episode, Sylar was back with awesomeness. And Ando has a power. Can't wait for Fugitives!
    Last edited by flameling; January 2nd, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flameling View Post
    Adam believed that a bullet straight through the head would kill him permanantly.
    I've wondered, how exactly does Adam know a bullet to the head would kill him? Clearly he's not experienced it to himself; so he must have met another person with Regenerative capabilities and seen it happen to them.

Although, possibly nobody thought to remove the bullet, so the person could have still been recoverable...

Also, Adam was a goner anyway, days later and the Eclipse would have removed his powers and he would have been turned to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Also, Adam was a goner anyway, days later and the Eclipse would have removed his powers and he would have been turned to dust.
    Actually, i wonder about this. He's been alive for hundreds of years right? You would think the eclipse would have happened many times during his long life time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Wake View Post
    Actually, i wonder about this. He's been alive for hundreds of years right? You would think the eclipse would have happened many times during his long life time.
    Unless he had a disease that progressed each time he lost his power because his immune system wasn't active continually. Don't know how it would turn him to dust though.

Unless he had a disease that progressed each time he lost his power because his immune system wasn't active continually. Don't know how it would turn him to dust though.
    The way I understood it, since he was so old, when he lost his power his body simply reverted back to what he should of been if he never had power: dead. He should of been completely decomposed and back to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Draver View Post
    The way I understood it, since he was so old, when he lost his power his body simply reverted back to what he should of been if he never had power: dead. He should of been completely decomposed and back to dust.
    That's how I understood it too, but unless the Eclipse was a one time thing, which is doubtful, it should of happened many times in his life.

1. Some messy loyalties in this ep.

2. I'm not sure Hiro has his power back yet.

3. RIP Meredith.

4. Nathan, WTF are you doing?

wasn't Haitian still holding Arthur powers back when Sylar kill him with the bullet though the head? if not wouldn't Arthur have fought back?

Quote Originally Posted by Draver View Post
    Why would it? He's not an old man (technically) so even if he lost his powers for a day he'd still have the body of a 30 yr old or w/e he's supposed to be.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    So Sylar, do we think he's really gone?
    Since he is supposed to be in later eps, no..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    fugitives does sound really good.

I like the idea of having nathan as a villian cause he is a different type of a villian. All the other ones have just been because there really strong but he will be powerful through poitical means which should be intresting.

The writers have also set up sylar to be evil but can also be helpful. I can see him working with peter against nathan because they could be our only hope!!!

And thank god mohinda is ok i loved his character far too much!
    Nathan from season 1 has always imo been a villan, being willing to LET NY get blown up (as part of mommies premonitions) to get himself installed in the WH, being willing to serve his brother up on a platter to daddy.. He just has had flashes of being a hero thrown in, but to be has always been a baddie..

Suresh on the other hand, went from your a-typical absent minded professor (science with no thought of ramifications) to a baddie (willing to do what he needed to cure himself no matter who he hurt)..

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Talk about a body count in this episode!! tho these deaths werent really significant as most were just filler characters.
    True and with the puppet master out, that's one less psychopath out there..

I thought it was more of a matter of where you were shot. With Claire and Peter we learned that once an object enters the head, you won't heal untill it's removed, and Adam believed that a bullet straight through the head would kill him permanantly. You could also blow the brain to little peices and burn the body so that said person would never regenarate properly. I'm surprised why no one's asked about why Peter isn't dead? I know that this may not be the best place for this question but when Claire lost her power she died of an infection, when Adam lost his he turned to dust. So why isn't Peter dead? The only thing I can think of is that he still had an immune system which would only work if he wasn't using Claire's power. I liked the episode, Sylar was back with awesomeness. And Ando has a power. Can't wait for Fugitives!
    Both Adam and claire had it from the get go, so their bodies probably never developed the ability to fight infections. Peter just copied it from claire in S1, so already has built up immunities to some diseases over the years..

Quote Originally Posted by Ancavge View Post
    wasn't Haitian still holding Arthur powers back when Sylar kill him with the bullet though the head? if not wouldn't Arthur have fought back?
    But if the Hatian was there suppressing powers, why WAS sylar able to use HIS?? Or is the Hatians power blocker only able to get used on one person at a time??