• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Father (312)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    OUR FATHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312

Claire tries to stop the Company from making her the catalyst after Hiro brings her 16 years into the past. In the present day Nathan takes control of Pineheart, while Angela orders Peter to kill his father. Matt, Daphne and Ando attempt to retrieve Isaac's sketch book, and Sylar returns to his old ways.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:06 PM.

Really good episode tonight. I loved the scene between Claire and her "Dad" in the past, and the interaction between Hiro and his Mom. At the end there, I thought we were finally going to see Hiro as a true hero. But no, everything was taken from him.

As for Sylar, man! He is definitely back with a vengeance.

Next week's episode should really be something else too.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

did anyone else find it poetic that the character that recieved the first injection of superpowers was the same actor from the 4400 chad faust?

Comment

another favorite of mine losses his ability why?

and sylar was on top form tonight awesome

6/10
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Did anyone else think the siloette that moved across the screen when Ando/Matt and Daphne found out Hiro was stuck in the past might've been Hiro.

EDIT: How awesome was Sylar in this episode?

Cake?
          Last edited by knowsfords; 09 December 2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I'm just glad that they decided to actually go through with Peter pulling the trigger, rather than leaving that for the next episode, it showed some balls on behalf of the writers.
            I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I liked the episode, some greivances:
              1). Hiro lost his power.
              Things I liked:
              1). Hiro and his mom.
              2). SYLAR'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              3). Formula works
              4). Peter pulled the trigger

Yeah, those are my big things.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

one thing tho

Spoiler:
                i guess when there dead sylar cant take there powers
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

After the disappointments of the two-part “eclipse”, my expectations for this episode were fairly low. So I was a bit surprised to find that most of this episode was quite enjoyable. It gave me some small hope that a tighter focus with a stronger sense of direction could restore the series to its former glory.

The episode focused on Hiro and Claire, so it’s probably no surprise that I liked those plot threads the most. In particular, I found them poignant, which is not something I can say about “Heroes” very often. Both situations required a bit of hand-waving and contrivance to work as intended, but after a while, you learn to accept such things (to a certain degree).

I know a lot of people have come to despise Claire, and to an extent it’s understandable, but I think the majority of the problem is the writing. Hayden wasn’t phoning anything in on this episode. Was it a little too convenient for Noah to listen to the babbling teenage girl with an unknown ability standing over the baby he was just ordered to protect at all costs? Probably. But I couldn’t help but smile when he said, “Claire-bear”, and realized what was happening.

Similarly, while it seems a bit odd that Hiro’s father wouldn’t notice the similarities between his son and the mysteriously befuddled “chef” that appeared out of nowhere, the scenes between Hiro and his mother were simply golden. I’d like the writers to bring this generational aspect of the show to an end, to be honest, but this worked. At least, it worked until Arthur came along out of nowhere and undercut Hiro’s heroic decision to take on responsibility for the catalyst.

So where the catalyst came from is completely vague, but it can be transferred and apparently works like “the glow” from “The Last Dragon”. Wonderful. But why give Hiro the first meaningful moment in the entire volume, only to snatch it out from under him? There’s a certain shock value to it all, but the plot necessities seem to be driving that moment.

After all, the writers needed the catalyst to be revealed so that Arthur could steal it, use it to activate the Not-Promicin (because it’s red, not green), power up the first batch of Super-Soldiers (beginning, ironically, with a former cast member of “The 4400”), thus setting the stage for a serious Sylar killing spree. After all, once Arthur is conveniently out of the way, Sylar is in the perfect position to force the soldiers to take the Not-Promicin and then steal the resulting abilities.

As usual, Sylar’s character motivations are all over the place, and now, his supposed hunger has turned him into a Dexter clone. Now it’s not about parental approval, or the hunger for power; it’s about the hunger to kill in the process. It’s suddenly a liking for violence. This may swing him back closer to the amoral characterization of the first two seasons, but it doesn’t ring true with the rest of the third volume at all.

At the very least, Sylar’s arrival should put an end to Arthur’s plan, regardless of Nathan’s intentions. Sylar might even wipe out Nathan and Tracy in the process of taking control of the facility. But I’m not sure whether or not this will end with Peter and Hiro’s powers restored. A lot is still up in the air, and the writers still need to bring all of this to a meaningful conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                    Did anyone else think the siloette that moved across the screen when Ando/Matt and Daphne found out Hiro was stuck in the past might've been Hiro.
                    Yep, it did look like Hiro through how would he know they be their is entirely uncertain through it possible that his dad rescue him from the flag pole and hid him up to the point he is needed and his dad obviously set up ways to track people in America when needed.

I wonder what the light is, the only thing that would make sense if it was some part of the sun itself which would link it into the eclipse, or perhaps and person who possess the abilities to give powers and was able to pass that power on to someone else, Hiro mum. I guess we will get answers soon.

Sylar will not take over the facilities or stop Nathan as they doing exactly what he wants them to, after all the more powers they create the more he can steal

I think the reason he turn insane is the side product of the activation of his powers, he cannot control them when they first activates same as peter could not control the ability, someone got to teach you. Sylar does not seem to be in the learning mood.

I like Nathan as took control of pinehirst and building himself a army, this does set up the probability that he will then go Micah to rig the presidential election in his favour and well to fund raise for him, and use his cousin as leverage. Which give them a clear way to introduce those two characters back into the fold.

I wonder if Arthur is still alive he should in theory recover as soon as the Haitan leaves the room or stop using his powers or someone removes the bullet from the brain, if it was that easy to kill someone with powers they should of done it with Adam Monroe, I suspect that he will probably teleport away in the next episode, knowing Nathan is doing what he wants him to do anyway so why put himself into danger, he seem like a bloke who like to pull strings from behind the scene.

So it seem Nathan is to become the new baddy of the villain chapter and hunting down his bother and other fellow mutants, with sylar hunting his solders down and by that fact they will become semi allies again.
                    The Promicin drug will obviously be release to the general public, probably during Nathan down full and the mess that will ensue.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 09 December 2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I watched this episode again today, this time with my GF. It was even better the second time around. I really can't wait until next week.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Solid episode... Just like to say that the actor who playes Sylar is unbelievable good!!!
                        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Arthur is dead, I'm not happy about Hiro.

Where did Arthur get his time travel ability from in the first place?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

Where did Arthur get his time travel ability from in the first place?
                            Peter
                            Last edited by knowles2; 10 December 2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hiro's mother was played by Tamylin Tomita, who was the Chinese ambassador in SG-1 and Atantis.
                              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000674/
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X