Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After seeing (yet another) Star Trek ships vs Stargate ships thread, 30 pages long. I have formed a conclusion to the question this thread initially posed
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
      After seeing (yet another) Star Trek ships vs Stargate ships thread, 30 pages long. I have formed a conclusion to the question this thread initially posed
      Shyeah!

That SO should have been decided in like half a page. There's just no contest.

Star Trek all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        If SCI FI cancelled SGA I would do it.
        I just received a reply to an email I sent to MGM way back on Nov 3 expressing my disappointment in SGA cancellation. This was their reply:
        " Thank you for your email. We too were upset with the decision to end Stargate Atlantis, but it is out of our hands. Thank you for your comments."

Also, when I was posting on Hey!Nielsen before that Beta site went down, I had email a question to them and part of their reply:
        "On a personal note, to my understanding, SGA was not cancelled by MGM,
        it was cancelled by Sci-Fi, just like SG-1. In fact, MGM would be happy
        if someone else picked up any of the franchises. At least, that's how I
        heard it.
        Thank you,
        Eric
        Hey! Nielsen Support"

So when do we tune in to see your smiling face?
        Last edited by ed263; 01 December 2008, 06:41 PM.

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          I just received a reply to an email I sent to MGM way back on Nov 3 expressing my disappointment in SGA cancellation. This was their reply:
          " Thank you for your email. We too were upset with the decision to end Stargate Atlantis, but it is out of our hands. Thank you for your comments."

Also, when I was posting on Hey!Nielsen before that Beta site went down, I had email a question to them and part of their reply:
          "On a personal note, to my understanding, SGA was not cancelled by MGM,
          it was cancelled by Sci-Fi, just like SG-1. In fact, MGM would be happy
          if someone else picked up any of the franchises. At least, that's how I
          heard it.
          Thank you,
          Eric
          Hey! Nielsen Support"

So when do we tune in to see your smiling face?
          Well I work for the network, shhh don't tell anyone. We were asked to direct all campaigns to MGM since it was their call to move on with SGU. We were even asked to remove all contact info for the SCI FI execs. THEY, would of renewed the show in a heartbeat, but came with a mutual decision to let MGM move on with SGU. They also would of likely aired two shows again, it was the producers that really wanted to avoid that. Also, there was no Save SGA campaign and the producers and MGM did not try to shop it around to other networks, why? Because they ended it, and it was their creative decision.

People say, well it worked for SG-1 and SGA, why not SGA and SGU? Well there were no Movies that were on MGM's mind back then. Those SG-1 movies were a HUGH success, so things have changed!
          Last edited by Briangate78; 01 December 2008, 06:53 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Well I work for the network, shhh don't tell anyone. We were asked to direct all campaigns to MGM since it was their call to move on with SGU. We were even asked to remove all contact info for the SCI FI execs. THEY, would of renewed the show in a heartbeat, but came with a mutual decision to let MGM move on with SGU. They also would of likely aired two shows again, it was the producers that really wanted to avoid that. Also, there was no Save SGA campaign and the producers and MGM did not try to shop it around to other networks, why? Because they ended it, and it was their creative decision.

People say, well it worked for SG-1 and SGA, why not SGA and SGU? Well there were no Movies that are on MGM's mind. Those SG-1 movies were a HUGH success!
            LOL!!
            Yep, it truly is an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in something fishy!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
              LOL!!
              Yep, it truly is an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in something fishy!
              Yeah, I try and will continue to put the blame on MGM, there is just too much evidence pointing to them. SCI FI could of said no, but where would that leave them? Their plan was to keep a Stargate active. Whether it was SGA or SGU.

Funny how all this went down, I read Mark Stern's comment when SGA was renewed for a 5th Season. He said that SGA is showing signs of matching it's siblings longevity. I guess that did not pan out too well for SGA? Unless he meant Longevity on SCI FI then he was right on the money. 5 years!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I try and will continue to put the blame on MGM, there is just too much evidence pointing to them.
                Bad MGM, bad! Go stand in the cor-NO, GO STAND IN THE CORNER!
                sigpic
                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Warning: Sarcastic, Malicious, Evil, Vindictive, Insulting, Condescending and all around Belligerent post!!!!

Spoiler:
                  Sorry, couldn't resist.

As for SGA, well, It's hard to take something seriously that I haven't bothered to watch very much of this year. It's just not entertaining me anymore I'm sorry to say.
                  "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                    Warning: Sarcastic, Malicious, Evil, Vindictive, Insulting, Condescending and all around Belligerent post!!!!
                    Thanks for the warning!

And darn you! I could not resist and clicked on the spoiler button

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                    X