Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacKay had Brain Surgery last episode so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacKay had Brain Surgery last episode so...

...why is he up and about? I mean normal surgery takes months to recover from. But brain surgery in a damp cave with improvised tools? He should still really be in the infirmary surely...

Maybe I've just got to used to show like BSG where they show people with bruises/gashes healing over from previous episodes but still. Some sort of reference to the surgery. Especially from Carson might have been nice.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

I believe the implication was he didn't really have any true brain surgery per-say. The creature jumped from his skull as soon as they began making the incision and therefore before they did anything else in the operation.

Still, good point; I guess we don't know how long the gap was between Whispers and the last episode.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 20 January 2009, 05:15 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I work in a Surgical ICU, many people who have had brain surgery, especially if vital areas are not impacted, are up and walking around a day or two after surgery!
      Never had a alien parasite removal case, though, so don't know the recovery time on that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I believe the implication was he didn't really have any true brain surgery per-say. The creature jumped from his skull as soon as they began making the incision and therefore before they did anything else in the operation.

Still, good point; I guess we don't know how long the gap was between Whispers and the last episode.
        I'm in total agreement with ya there. But I have no idea what Whispers has to do with The Shrine.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
        X