This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promethus

In "Covenant" of SG-1, O'Neill talked to Thor about putting in an Asgard Hyperdrive on board the Prometheus, does anyone know if one actually got installed?

one did get put on board the Prometheus. a few episodes later, General Hammond takes command and makes attempt to go visit Atlantis.
    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

Yes

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

In politics it I think its called, when Thor beams, he says he's come to install Asgard design Shields/Weapons, and as far as I know they had no Asgard weapons till Unending?

Comment

Did they ever say who made the rail guns? Maybe those were the Asgard designed weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
            Did they ever say who made the rail guns? Maybe those were the Asgard designed weapons.
            Rail guns are a human, real-world weapon.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Rail guns are a human, real-world weapon.
              The particular models used on Prometheus, on the oher hand, may have been designed with Asgard help.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Well do earth weapons work in space? we dont know

Maybe the asgard "Design" was so that we could use our current technology effectivly in space and learn from it

Comment

I reckon they helped us with a few hints concerning Railguns-maybe a nod here and a maybe there

Comment

Originally posted by sldghamr View Post
                    one did get put on board the Prometheus. a few episodes later, General Hammond takes command and makes attempt to go visit Atlantis.
                    its in this episode they confirm it as Novak tells hammond "The Asgard hyperdrive is functioning at one hundred percent, sir."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Avernikas View Post
                      In politics it I think its called, when Thor beams, he says he's come to install Asgard design Shields/Weapons, and as far as I know they had no Asgard weapons till Unending?
                      The episode you're thinking of was in season 6 and was called Disclosure.
                      Pretty cool episode.

As others have said perhaps the Asgard helped with the design of the rail guns, they may have even helped to improve the guidance systems of our missiles.
                      Considering like you say there were no actual energy weapons given to us until Unending, help on improving our weapon tech may have been more than forthcoming at least from Thor.
                      Although if I recall correctly in the Siege part 3 when the Daedalus's Nukes are being shot down by the Wraith's ships I think Sheppard asks Caldwell why the Asgard haven't given us any weapons, which could be an indication that they've left us to build them on our own, or it may just mean no energy weapons, perhaps given the explosive yields of our Nukes they thought they would be enough at that time.

It may have just be another hole left by TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Avernikas View Post
                        ive wondered the same thing. i even made a thread about it:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hields+weapons
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Just want to point out Thor said designed weapons that to me can mean anything

Comment

Working...
                          X