Because of this ep, I no longer dislike Keller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of this ep, I no longer dislike Keller

I was, not exactly a Keller Hater, persay, but I didn't care for the character. Until this episode. I am now a Keller fan.
    sigpic

The character has been sound and jewel staite plays the character perfectly its just that i think some people do not like it because her character does not get flushed out and makes her look like a whiner. personally i love Dr.Keller
    SGA: Save the Lost City! If you want more Atlantis, please sign the petition!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/
    The base of the SGA: Save the Lost City! Movement.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58008
    My save stargate atlantis group
    http://groups.myspace.com/savestargateatlantis

Comment

I think there are a lot of hard feelings about Keller because of who she replaced. Carson was, and still is, very much liked by the fan base and because of the way Keller came in it is harder for some of us to accept her.

Comment

In all fairness, Carson returned this season. I prefer Carson over Keller, but I don't hate Keller. Keller had/will have 14 eps and Carson had/will have 5 eps this season. Do I wish it was vice versa, yes. Still, Keller doesn't take away anything from the show for me. She also doesn't really add anything for me either, but thats ok. She was not even in the last 4 eps except for one small scene, and the rest of the team including Carson kicked ass. So TPTB are not shoving Keller down people's throats like some folks claim.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked the way they wrote her character for this episode, but they haven't shown any reason why Keller would fall for Rodney, so I don't quite believe this ship.

On a shallower note, who dresses Jewel? She's a pretty girl, but looked so frumpy in that dress-someone needs to tell her to stand up straight. And boots? With a cocktail dress at a black tie party???

Comment

I gave Keller a chance, the same way I gave Woolsey a chance, but I love how RP has portrayed Woolsey, but I can't same the same for Jewel's portrayal of Keller. Her whinny voice has nothing to do with the writing and her portrayal of a doctor is dismal. My dislike of her has nothing to do with any other character. She gets worse in every episode and the fact the she was forced into the show when she was never needed doesn't endear me to her either.

She should have remained a supporting character and only featured when a doctor was required but shoving her in front and centre in these awful scenarios will never ever endear me to this character. If they had kept her in a supporting role maybe I could have handled the character a bit better. This forced relationship with zero chemistry between the characters is just the final straw.
            sigpic

Comment

I've never been a massive Keller fan but I must admit to liking the character a little more after this episode.

I also wasn't sure about McKeller but they do make a cute couple and she grounds Rodney in the same way Katie did, but better.

I don't mind relationships as long as it isn't shoved in our faces, although I thought the declaration of love was a little premature, I think TV shows use that word a little too loosely sometimes.

Doing it on a plane...dirty girl, lucky Rodney!

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
                I was, not exactly a Keller Hater, persay, but I didn't care for the character. Until this episode. I am now a Keller fan.
                "highfive"
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

At first I thought TPTB did a poor job with her character. Sorry, but nobody can replace Carson. However, her character has improved this season and she did really well in this episode.
                  WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                    I've never been a massive Keller fan but I must admit to liking the character a little more after this episode.

I also wasn't sure about McKeller but they do make a cute couple and she grounds Rodney in the same way Katie did, but better.
                    I also think they make a cute couple! I really enjoyed this episode and watching Rodney saving his girl..just warm fuzzies! The look of awe and wonder in Rodney's eyes when Keller told him how she feels... awwwwww!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      In all fairness, Carson returned this season. I prefer Carson over Keller, but I don't hate Keller. Keller had/will have 14 eps and Carson had/will have 5 eps this season. Do I wish it was vice versa, yes. Still, Keller doesn't take away anything from the show for me. She also doesn't really add anything for me either, but thats ok. She was not even in the last 4 eps except for one small scene, and the rest of the team including Carson kicked ass. So TPTB are not shoving Keller down people's throats like some folks claim.
                      I agree with what your saying here. Carson will always come to mind as Atlantis CMO, which i think has more to do with how Paul played him than how the character was writen. But your right Keller dosent take anythin away from the show, an ive never felt like the TPTB where shoving the Character down my throat.

Personally i would have loved to have seen a Carson/Keller ep, with Keller as Carson sidekick in a big medical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
                        On a shallower note, who dresses Jewel? She's a pretty girl, but looked so frumpy in that dress-someone needs to tell her to stand up straight. And boots? With a cocktail dress at a black tie party???
                        Its in Jewel Staite's contract that she has to look god awful in any dress any time. I reference Firefly, Episode "Shindig"

Comment

The more I see Keller the more I start to hate her if that's even possible
                          sigpic

Comment

She's tolerable I suppose. But it's not enough to tempt me into being a fan. It's kind of hard seeing her as a doctor. And she's still the same whiny character from Firefly. BUt this episode gave me a little more respect for her character.

Comment

Carson over Keller? No way...if nothing else atleast Jewel Staites nice to look at, Paul McGillion cant act his way out of a paper bag. Whenever hes on screen trying his hardest to look under pressure it just looks....bad. And is distracting. The man can't act.

And i never really cared that much for Keller, but after this episode she's definatly grown on me. They never got to put a proper love story in SG-1 so its felt to me like the definatly wanted to have one in Atlantis, and although it leapt ahead dramatically i really loved it.

You can't beat a good "Son of a *****!" line either...that won me over to Keller instantly. And Bill Nigh telling the guy who looked like the grief councillor from Scrubs to man up....great episode infact.
                              "We've been working on this chair for two years to make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.." - Dr Lee

"You have failed" - Teal'c

Comment

Working...
                              X